Preview Geelong V Hawthorn Monday 22 April @ MCG 3:20 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course you would. That's my point.
Are you saying your knowledge of our team's needs and its players is superior to that of CS and his assistants, those who work fulltime for GFC and are desperate for winning results? Is that your point?

Nobody needed to take Guthrie's place, he wasn't in the side.

I'm just gonna copy paste the answer I gave you in the other thread

I'm seriously not gonna bother with conspiracy theories either. They didn't drop Constable to get Guthrie in. This conversation is pointless, you're far too set in your mindset to listen to reason.

Oh and P.S. if you genuinely think he wasn't in the side (even though he was because it was an extended bench), then you're contradicting yourself. Because that means that he wasn't front of mind for the match committee during selection, and wasn't an automatic selection.

Whether it be Murdoch, Parsons, Guthrie, Motlop etc. etc. etc. there's always someone that our toxic supporters have to have as a scapegoat. It's just sad that you guys think you know more than everyone else and can't get out of the same dogmatic mindset. You'd rather be right, than be wrong and our team do well.

I'm seriously not gonna bother with conspiracy theories either. They didn't drop Constable to get Guthrie in. This conversation is pointless, you're far too set in your mindset to listen to reason.

Oh and P.S. if you genuinely think he wasn't in the side (even though he was because it was an extended bench), then you're contradicting yourself. Because that means that he wasn't front of mind for the match committee during selection, and wasn't an automatic selection.

Whether it be Murdoch, Parsons, Guthrie, Motlop etc. etc. etc. there's always someone that our toxic supporters have to have as a scapegoat. It's just sad that you guys think you know more than everyone else and can't get out of the same dogmatic mindset. You'd rather be right, than be wrong and our team do well.
Na, Guthrie played VFL last week. He wasn't in the side and didn't need replacing.

What's more sad is the likes like you who think the club does no wrong.

I for one never had a problem with Mensch. He at least had a dip and was always competitive. Guthrie on the other hand ...
Yes and no.
Mensch was unfairly maligned, playing in difficult positions with a body size not up to what was being asked of him, but as you say, endeavour was always there.
Guthrie is a great in this week.

Who said anything about conspiracy theories.. do you also call people who disagree with you alt right /alt left?
Talk about over reach

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no.
Mensch was unfairly maligned, playing in difficult positions with a body size not up to what was being asked of him, but as you say, endeavour was always there.
Guthrie is a great in this week.
I'm not sure how closely you watch games but based on the way we've started the season and the pressure and intensity we've brought around the contest, Guthrie isn't a good in at all.

That's the last comment I'll make on the subject.

Who said anything about conspiracy theories.. do you also call people alt right nazis?
Talk about over reach

Lol, that was in response to The Bandwagon's response in the other thread concerning Constable being rested on the basis of getting Guthrie in. Probably not pertinent here without context, in hindsight

Na, Guthrie played VFL last week. He wasn't in the side and didn't need replacing.

personally, I would have given Parfitt more time in the centre and rotated JJ through the forward pocket / bench in a defensive / pressure role

I'm not sure how closely you watch games but based on the way we've started the season and the pressure and intensity we've brought around the contest, Guthrie isn't a good in at all.

That's the last comment I'll make on the subject.
There will be comments on Monday, post game, I hope.
I suspect the Guthrie inclusion will inspire many comments, but agree, let's leave it until then.

Ill be watching JJs game today to see where hes at. For mine, he can play an important role in our forward set up this year, and should have been called up today ahead of Guthrie.

Last edited:

Likes of you*

I think the club did plenty wrong last year, lol. So what did we do? We overhauled everything.

- Got rid of fringe players who were clogging the list or who were perennially injured; Murdoch, Menzel, Gregson etc.
- Changed our game style to address a serious lack of forward pressure/recruited on that basis; Rohan, Dahlhaus, Atkins etc.
- Kicked out Selwood and Ablett and handed the midfield reigns to the kids, to fast-track their development/get Constable in the side
- Didn't play Henderson and Taylor in the same side, due to it making us too slow
- Persisting with the kids rather than dropping them after a couple of matches
- Implementing longer and gruelling training sessions during pre-season to increase our endurance base
- Camps with all the younger players, to help bonding, re-invigorate the team
- Names like 'the Misfits' and 'the Wolfpack' attributed to defence and attack, to build a good culture among teammates
- More responsibility given to assistant coaches during pre-season, so that their strengths were utilized
- Kept our first round pick and grabbed a future superstar in Clark who breaks lines, rather than trading in someone like Steven, for short term success

But no, lets just keep banging the same drum and preaching the same old bs even though plenty has changed in a short time. Unlike others in here, I can actually see change and accept when I've been wrong about certain things. Clearly your ego can't handle that notion.

FFS we're on top of the ladder with injuries to some key players and with 8 players on ground in the last 4 weeks under 30 games. What more do you people want?

Last edited:
So what about in my case,I wanted Dawson Simpson,Mitch Brown,Trave Varcoe and Kersten moved on,Geelong gave them all new contracts instead, but not one survived,do I see dead people?yes dead footballers, I'm confident Guthrie will go the same way.

So what about in my case,I wanted Dawson Simpson,Mitch Brown,Trave Varcoe and Kersten moved on,Geelong gave them all new contracts instead, but not one survived,do I see dead people?yes dead footballers, I'm confident Guthrie will go the same way.

Mitch Brown is actually doing pretty well at Essendon right now. Varcoe was huge last year in the finals, especially the Grand Final. Dawson Simpson has been a competent backup ruck for GWS, but nothing overly special. Kersten I agree on

Mitch Brown is actually doing pretty well at Essendon right now. Varcoe was huge last year in the finals, especially the Grand Final. Dawson Simpson has been a competent backup ruck for GWS, but nothing overly special. Kersten I agree on
And Guthrie may reinvent somewhere else as well,but he's to comfortable here.

Nobody needed to take Guthrie's place, he wasn't in the side.

If you accept that Constable should be rested then we needed a player to come in. Given injuries the only other options were Cam's brother or Parsons (both of whom are constantly derided on this board) or Narkle who has been average lately in the vfl. So who did you want replacing Constable instead?

Ill be watching JJs game today to see where hes at. For mine, he can play an important role in our forward set up this year, and should have been called up today ahead of Guthrie.

Hes been playing down back in the vfl hasnt he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back