Geelong & West Coast talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

WILL BE GOOD TO SEE OLD TEAMATES UP AGAINST EACH OTHER
IN THE COACHES BOX.

1ST EVER COAST CLASH !

ABLETT 200TH

ROSA 100TH

SHOULD BE A ENTERTAING GAME.:)

PS you guys are my 2nd favourite team and we will have big battles deep into september in a few years !

If they started the game from 10 minutes in to the first quarter we would have won! Jeez, that hurts. :eek:

Really impressed with us in the third quarter. Fought back really hard. GAJ looked very upset in the dressing room. Shattered to have come so close, no doubt.

Just couldn't convert in the last quarter. The improvement can still be seen. Am looking forward to the North game.

All in all, still some things to work on (WTF happened in the first 10 minutes?), but we're getting better every week. To come so close to West Coast at home speaks a lot.

North and Bulldogs at home seem like possibilities. :thumbsu:

Very pleased with the effort aside from the first half of the first quarter. Almmost a relief to get a respectable 3 goal loss rather than a 12 goal one. Disappointed for Gazza in his 200th. What a player and leader. Gutsy effort all up and another good learning experience for the younguns.
Mav, Dion, Seb, and Steven May showed a bit today I thought. Great effort by Mav on Jack Darling :thumbsu:

Very pleased with the effort aside from the first half of the first quarter. Almmost a relief to get a respectable 3 goal loss rather than a 12 goal one. Disappointed for Gazza in his 200th. What a player and leader. Gutsy effort all up and another good learning experience for the younguns.
Mav, Dion, Seb, and Steven May showed a bit today I thought. Great effort by Mav on Jack Darling :thumbsu:

Indeed.

At the end of the day it was that first half of the first quarter where you let us get away that meant you didnt win today.

Thought you showed fantastic pressure and certainly took it up to us after that first half a quarter.

Mind you the Eagles of today reminded me so much of last year but it just goes to show what we have to work on and what not.

Gablett was fantastic again (Isnt he always?) and you guys cant certainly hold your heads up high from that effort, Cmon it was your longest interstate trip to date during the season (Same again in 4 weeks time against Freo) and you performed admirably.

In two years time you are going to have a quality side, assuming you can retain your key players.

Well done for making me not like the eagles performance but to enjoy the way gold coast played for the most part :thumbsu:

Good luck for the rest of the season. Youll certainly challenge and win a few more games this season.

Cheers Peterss. To win against the Eagles in Perth is always a difficult task and your mob are probably about 3 -4 years ahead of ours in terms of development and experience. I understand Eagles supporters feeling like you played poorly but you were still good enough to win which is always a good sign. You've definitely come on well this year. If we can show similar improvement next year I'll be more than happy.

All that play in the last quater yet just couldnt quite get there. Very frustrating but it does show that your not that far off and with a bit of luck some more wins will come your way.

The trip back from Perth might make it hard for some of the younger players to back it up next week but your playing North which should make it easier.

Oh and was at the game last week against Geelong and ive got to say it was fantastic. Few little glitches that will certainly be ironed out but the atmosphere was fantastic and the stand is immaculate. After what i experienced there im incredibly positive about the future of the Suns, both short and long term. :thumbsu:

Please God don't have the same bunch of tossers commentating who did the NAB Cup game earlier in the year!!
I was at the game earlier in the year so didn't hear the commentary but today was simply aweful.

Well lot of WCE bravado in this thread but after watching the game I'd say they were lucky to get away with a win. We dominated that last quarter just failed to impact the score board.
What WCE bravado. 2-3 posts saying they were looking forward to the game???:eek:

And GC were lucky we were so fatigued otherwise it would have been a thrashing. We were on track for one, just tired legs from last week that stopped it....;)

See what I did there. Can't talk about what could have beans only what happened.

Our defence was rock solid and the ball entering your forward 50 wasn't great.

Credit to Gaz and some of the young guys they really stood up. Was good to watch.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back