Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 11, 2006
Chermside
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
See Below
1677217234286.png

I believe this is our next and last official un-official hitout before the games matter?

Talk about practice like ya boy AI

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

This iconic sports soundbite is over 20 years old and suddenly for some reason my knees hurt :(

No injuries
Ben king
A look at how we might line up rd1, what's going to work as far as fwd set up. What's the starting back 6.
More bailey Humphrey ❤️

8 players on Interchange according to today's teams line-ups.

Pending injuries:

Long Collins Farrar
Constable Ballard Graham
Hollands Anderson Luko
Witts Rowell Swallow
Ainsworth Chol Jeffrey
Rosas King Holman

Davies, Casboult, Humphrey, Sexton, Berry, Fiorini, Lemmens, Flanders

Maybe Sharp replacing Sexton/Berry.

VFL team will play curtain-raiser.

Last edited:
Powel is a chance for round 1, integrated back into training this week.
King says the make-up of the SUNS forward line for the Round 1 date against the Swans in a fortnight’s time is still yet to be decided.

“That’s probably the biggest challenge we’ve got as coaching staff, the different mixes of talls and smalls,” King added.

8 players on Interchange according to today's teams line-ups.

Pending injuries:

Long Collins Farrar
Constable Ballard Graham
Hollands Anderson Luko
Witts Rowell Swallow
Ainsworth Chol Jeffrey
Rosas King Holman

Davies, Casboult, Humphrey, Sexton, Berry, Fiorini, Lemmens, Flanders

Maybe Sharp replacing Sexton/Berry.

VFL team will play curtain-raiser.
It’s clearly the forward line we are tinkering with. Rest of the positions seem pretty set.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuart Dew, master coach?!

Whilst I actually can make sense of the move back for Constable I am completely bamboozled by how quickly he's ascended to being a serious round one contender.

Why the * did no one try him there before?
Think i've seen somewhere he's added some leadership to the group too. Handy having a 23yo "Dad" around our golden 5 boys

What are we looking for this week guys?
This is where we get the ball rolling. I think we're all expecting to see our best forward King and best defender Collins return for this game so it's going to be a lot closer to our round 1 team than the Essendon game was. It seems like the only guy we'll be missing from our round 1 team is Touk Miller but I'm confident our midfield is strong enough these days (without Touk) to still get the better of a team like GWS. Suns by 4 goals.

This is where we get the ball rolling. I think we're all expecting to see our best forward King and best defender Collins return for this game so it's going to be a lot closer to our round 1 team than the Essendon game was. It seems like the only guy we'll be missing from our round 1 team is Touk Miller but I'm confident our midfield is strong enough these days (without Touk) to still get the better of a team like GWS. Suns by 4 goals.
It’s exactly the same midfield (minus Touk) that got rolled last year. GWS should be weaker though, having lost two of their better midfielders to Richmond.

Ellis also isn’t playing.

So Ellis, Lemmens, Rosas, Budarick, Powell, Weller, Miller all still struggling/out two weeks out from round 1.

That’s a whole lot of speed missing that we desperately need given our first month (2 games on the fast Marvel track and versus 2 Grand Finalists).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back