No Oppo Supporters General AFL Discussion #12 - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I agree Simpson is a good coach but it’s hard to argue he’s the best coach for West Coast at this point in time.
They’ve won five games in two years with a list including a dozen premiership players. Has been exposed as lacking ideas and ability to motivate
the existing list.
Reckon they could do with a different voice.
Think that's a mite unfair, as their inadequacy is both list and Covid related.

There are a number of players that simply didn't come back from the bubbles with anything resembling their prior motivation, others have just gotten older and they weren't a young list to begin with.

I thought his interview with Gerard this morning was good, didn’t talk in cliches was honest & measured comes across as a smart guy, refreshing
I’m bored with footballers talking in cliches ie: Dangerfield etc

Last edited:
colyer & wilson delisted from freo - do we need a "thanks for your services" thread?
Actually had to Google Wilson... ah, that Wilson! Just six games in his last two years... and it was pretty big deal when he went there from GWS too, if I remember correctly.

I reckon you're a long way from the centre of the footy solar system when you're outside the best 26 at Fremantle... they named Joel Hamling in round 24, I'd genuinely forgotten that bloke was still an AFL player. Injuries or not, he has been out there with the likes of Charlie Constable on the ice-covered Pluto of the AFL. Is it even a planet? Does it matter?

Actually had to Google Wilson... ah, that Wilson! Just six games in his last two years... and it was pretty big deal when he went there from GWS too, if I remember correctly.

I reckon you're a long way from the centre of the footy solar system when you're outside the best 26 at Fremantle... they named Joel Hamling in round 24, I'd genuinely forgotten that bloke was still an AFL player. Injuries or not, he has been out there with the likes of Charlie Constable on the ice-covered Pluto of the AFL. Is it even a planet? Does it matter?
not surprised you miss the odd player - how do even the full-on track-watchers keep tabs on 18 x 40 plus units?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t like talking about Toby but he’s an old style footballer in the same mould as Wayne Johnston or Jimmy Buckley. Capable of extraordinary skill and absolute skullduggery. A bit of a rascal.

All fair in love and war but he is playing old style football against guys that don't due to their discipline, which is a bit different to the old style of football where if you dished it out, you would expect it to come back with interest. Not quite the level playing field.

Continued here :-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back