Discussion General AFL Thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Shut up Bruce you w***er

Ended up not really learning anything from that. Adelaide very good at home, Cats coming home with a big rush. Business as usual

Learnt that while Selwood ducks, Dangerfield dives!

20140178_10155665648182873_7042333303331373193_n.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How enjoyable is it watching rhys Stanley when he's on another side? Geez he's bad.

Most of the cats 22 is that level as well to be honest. If Selwood and dangerfield weren't there they'd be absolutely cooked.

How enjoyable is it watching rhys Stanley when he's on another side? Geez he's bad.

Most of the cats 22 is that level as well to be honest. If Selwood and dangerfield weren't there they'd be absolutely cooked.

I can't work out why they are always so good. If it was just 2 players everyone would triple team them. I can't work out if I'm underrating Scott, the team or what. They just seem lucky, always get teams that are hard at the Cattery, always get soft frees, always seem to get financial windfalls etc. For all our cursed luck they seem to have the opposite.....they drop their toast it lands butter up, we drop out toast and it falls in the toilet......while we are in the kitchen.

I quite like watching the cats play , can't stand the Crows mainly because of their supporters. I went across to Adelaide one year for the footy and we coped that much abuse at the ground. We were sitting with a lot of old Saints supporters who had come across on the bus together. We were winning early until the Crows hit the front and a couple thousand Crows supporters turned around and gave the finger to all the old ladies and men , was totally uncalled for . I've hated them ever since.

I quite like watching the cats play , can't stand the Crows mainly because of their supporters. I went across to Adelaide one year for the footy and we coped that much abuse at the ground. We were sitting with a lot of old Saints supporters who had come across on the bus together. We were winning early until the Crows hit the front and a couple thousand Crows supporters turned around and gave the finger to all the old ladies and men , was totally uncalled for . I've hated them ever since.

I have copped it at Geelong too, they are ******* feral down there. I hate them both with equal passion.

The SA Tourism Board actually came out and told the Crows fans to pull their heads in a few years' back, precisely for the reason you've described. They were discouraging interstate football fans coming over for weekend getaways.

Crows fans told them to get stuffed. Which just go to show home grown South Australians can sometimes be so toolish in their state pride that they're willing to damage their state's economy to stay that way.

The SA Tourism Board actually came out and told the Crows fans to pull their heads in a few years' back, precisely for the reason you've described. They were discouraging interstate football fans coming over for weekend getaways.

Crows fans told them to get stuffed. Which just go to show home grown South Australians can sometimes be so toolish in their state pride that they're willing to damage their state's economy to stay that way.

I remember Kim Koster I think his name was went over there from the Bulldogs, did his knee in his first game and with the "kick a Vic" campaign of the time the fans destroyed his victorian number plated car in the car park. Farkin ferals.

I can't work out why they are always so good. If it was just 2 players everyone would triple team them. I can't work out if I'm underrating Scott, the team or what. They just seem lucky, always get teams that are hard at the Cattery, always get soft frees, always seem to get financial windfalls etc. For all our cursed luck they seem to have the opposite.....they drop their toast it lands butter up, we drop out toast and it falls in the toilet......while we are in the kitchen.
They're defensive set up is fantastic. Saw it first hand at the Giants game a few weeks ago. When the ball is kicked to the pocket or flank, the Geelong team set ups 'lines' down the ground as their 'zone defence'. There 3-4 in a line about 10m in from the boundary, then another line about 15m further in, then another along the edge of the centre square. Then they have a guy at CHF to defend the switch & a guy in the centre of the field to stop the fast break down the fat side of the ground. They have excellent role players IMHO

Here's a diagram of their set up. Each 'line represents a sequence of 4-5 players. Forces teams to try risky switches or through the corridor where they can creates turnovers. It works well IMHO & covers players with 'limited' ability IMHO

IMG_6589.JPG

The circle represents the opposition marking from a kick in & how Geelong set up. There's about 10-15m between each man in the 'lines' of the zone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back