Discussion General AFL Thread 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

when i read it i though it was a joke honestly ..but no thats their push... i dont see how you can seriously forcast something for a team that the players havent even been born yet..
That's the beauty of the very long range prediction. If it fails you won't be around to cop any flak.

These guys were the masters of it ;)

Check out Hawthorn’s new 2050 vision.
Another 7 flags by 2050.
Yes, that’s right: 2050.
And by 2022, another 2.
Yes, another 2.

I love it when organizations do this: set up a master plan over a time horizon that is both ridiculous and meaningless. The instigator, President Kennett is 70.
He’ll be lucky to see 2022 let alone 2050.
What ownership do the employees and team have of this vision? Not a lot.
Does it have any meaning to them? No.
And given they have one of the most mature lists in the AFL, which players are actually going to play in the two grand final wins by 2020?
Titch and JOM may need some assistance.......

And of course, what happens when it goes pear shaped in 2018 or 2019?

The justification for this garbage is that they have averaged a Premiership every 4.7 years since 1961.

Past performance is never useful in predicting future performance.
Why not pick the period 1923 - 1960? Just as valid.
And have they forgotten their near death merger experience?

Organisational hubris.

The first sign of organisational failure.
Ripping post mate!!!!

Maybe Kenney is donating sperm to the Hawthorn future fund. Where they'll breed the next gen of players from a test tube

Ripping post mate!!!!

Maybe Kenney is donating sperm to the Hawthorn future fund. Where they'll breed the next gen of players from a test tube
Yes it's outlandish.

But funny thing about life is that when you set big balls goals, things start to happen.

Two flags by 2022? Set the goal and all future decisions will be made in the context of that goal.

Will they succeed? Who knows. These deadlines aren't set in stone. If they snag one by 22 or 23, I doubt anyone will class it as a failure.

If you only set goals based on what you think is realistic then you'll always be limited by yourown belief.

Yes it's outlandish.

But funny thing about life is that when you set big balls goals, things start to happen.

Two flags by 2022? Set the goal and all future decisions will be made in the context of that goal.

Will they succeed? Who knows. These deadlines aren't set in stone. If they snag one by 22 or 23, I doubt anyone will class it as a failure.

If you only set goals based on what you think is realistic then you'll always be limited by yourown belief.

I think Kennett knows that the Hawks fans are satiated and think the club is cruising as they are about to go back a step or two. It's a way of throwing them back in the spot light and selling hope again. They say that's what football clubs sell- hope. It's hard to break through when fans have had it so easy for so long. My mate who follows the Hawks didn't even watch their last Premiership live he was so used to seeing them.

Richmond did well to make bold plans and work toward them and eventually achieve them.

I think Kennett knows that the Hawks fans are satiated and think the club is cruising as they are about to go back a step or two. It's a way of throwing them back in the spot light and selling hope again. They say that's what football clubs sell- hope. It's hard to break through when fans have had it so easy for so long. My mate who follows the Hawks didn't even watch their last Premiership live he was so used to seeing them.

Does he really follow them then?

Unless it was the birth of a child or some sort of life or death situation, I would be watching a St Kilda GF in the hope of seeing a premiership

Does he really follow them then?

Unless it was the birth of a child or some sort of life or death situation, I would be watching a St Kilda GF in the hope of seeing a premiership

Yeah, he has a career and kids etc and followed the Hawks through the s**t times even. We went to every Hawks Saints game for about 10 years even when they were rubbish. He went away and didn't even bother finding somewhere to watch it or playing on an app. They win a flag an average of every 7 years. He followed them in the 80s when they seemed to win every second one. Lucky campaigner.

We’d be melting if we drafted Bonar and he had done his hammy within the first couple weeks.

Yes!

If we had a Bonar with a limp that would be a real anti-climax

Yes it's outlandish.

I like your tag line.

Ad hominem antifa

Check out Hawthorn’s new 2050 vision.
Another 7 flags by 2050.
Yes, that’s right: 2050.
And by 2022, another 2.
Yes, another 2.

I love it when organizations do this: set up a master plan over a time horizon that is both ridiculous and meaningless. The instigator, President Kennett is 70.
He’ll be lucky to see 2022 let alone 2050.
What ownership do the employees and team have of this vision? Not a lot.
Does it have any meaning to them? No.
And given they have one of the most mature lists in the AFL, which players are actually going to play in the two grand final wins by 2020?
Titch and JOM may need some assistance.......

And of course, what happens when it goes pear shaped in 2018 or 2019?

The justification for this garbage is that they have averaged a Premiership every 4.7 years since 1961.

Past performance is never useful in predicting future performance.
Why not pick the period 1923 - 1960? Just as valid.
And have they forgotten their near death merger experience?

Organisational hubris.

The first sign of organisational failure.
I think Jeff see's an extended period of mediocrity in the coming years for Hawthorn so the only response is "fake news".

Rebuild mode by the end of the year!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Jeff see's an extended period of mediocrity in the coming years for Hawthorn so the only response is "fake news".

Rebuild mode by the end of the year!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yes they are coming but they are also part of the cycle.

Better to be over ambitious and fall short than accept the status quo and do nothing.

People are missing the point that these crazy goals determine your decisions which will ultimately lead you towards that goal.

But I guess it's better to internet it as BS.

I guess that's the difference between successful organisations and average ones.

The former ask why not whilst the latter say it's not possible.

Out of curiosity, which teams do posters here think will slide and/or climb next year (outside of Saints).

The obvious choices are WC to slide and Dee’s to finally put it together and climb high. Any other predictions?

Out of curiosity, which teams do posters here think will slide and/or climb next year (outside of Saints).

The obvious choices are WC to slide and Dee’s to finally put it together and climb high. Any other predictions?

There is already a page for climbers and sliders .

Can’t wait for 2018 season.

Yes they are coming but they are also part of the cycle.

Better to be over ambitious and fall short than accept the status quo and do nothing.

People are missing the point that these crazy goals determine your decisions which will ultimately lead you towards that goal.

But I guess it's better to internet it as BS.

I guess that's the difference between successful organisations and average ones.

The former ask why not whilst the latter say it's not possible.

When you've won a thousand premierships it's ambitious......if we came out and said it people would think we were being funny or perhaps just mentally deficient.

curious... i just had a bloke at work come give me s**t cause he heard that channel ten's im a Celebrity get me outta here is going to be giving an attention seeking former headache (she whos name shall not be spoken) another 15 mins of fame ...
the guys not a reliable source of information but its still strange that this rumour would come up now ... unprovoked out of nowhere ...
perhaps hes just being a knob ...

curious... i just had a bloke at work come give me s**t cause he heard that channel ten's im a Celebrity get me outta here is going to be giving an attention seeking former headache (she whos name shall not be spoken) another 15 mins of fame ...
the guys not a reliable source of information but its still strange that this rumour would come up now ... unprovoked out of nowhere ...
Surely it's bollocks. It's not called I Was A Celebrity About Six Years Ago (Well Not Really But I Became Infamous By Insinuating Myself Into The Private Lives Of Celebrities And Turning Their Lives Upside Down In Front Of The Media To Become Famous) Get Me Outta Here.

Chicken Nixon would have to have been dialing in his very last favour to get a green light for that to occur.

I heard it was Nixon going on the show, not Kim Nuffie :eek:

Surely it's bollocks. It's not called I Was A Celebrity About Six Years Ago (Well Not Really But I Became Infamous By Insinuating Myself Into The Private Lives Of Celebrities And Turning Their Lives Upside Down In Front Of The Media To Become Famous) Get Me Outta Here.

Chicken Nixon would have to have been dialing in his very last favour to get a green light for that to occur.
ummmm have you seen what they pass as celebritys on that show ?? Kate (whatever her name is now)who used to be a model in the early 90s ... Casey i won Idol after it run out of steam now im doing coles adverts ... i wouldnt put it past the producers to think of her a celeb...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back