Remove this Banner Ad

The unbearable grief his family must be going through losing your child like this. :sleepy:

Children did this.

Declan was stabbed dozens of times and suffered more than 60 blunt force injuries. An autopsy later identified the cause of death as stab wounds to the chest.

The unbearable grief his family must be going through losing your child like this. :sleepy:

Children did this.

Declan was stabbed dozens of times and suffered more than 60 blunt force injuries. An autopsy later identified the cause of death as stab wounds to the chest.

Maybe someone should write a book for children explaining how killing or wounding others is “morally wrong”, instead of how to do sex in every possible way.

Curious statement:

In a statement, NSW Police said a further search of the area had led to more remains being located.

If you ever wanted confirmation that councils are often run by muppets and lawyers will defend anyone who pays the bills:

Man bought private jet with borrowed council money
That’s a UK council.

Completely different level of Council oversight governance compared to Australia.

Conservative by name only. (Both the Council and the current UK Government)

' ...Thurrock is one of a number of councils that have got into financial difficulties since the coalition government gave local authorities more freedom to raise funds and invest in 2011.

Woking, Slough and Croydon have all been forced to stop all non-essential spending after losing public money on risky investments.

The Audit Commission - a spending watchdog that stopped councils taking too many risks - was abolished in 2015.

Conservative-led Thurrock Council started investing cash with Mr Kavanagh's business Rockfire the following year.

The idea was that the council would get regular interest payments from the profits and its cash would be safe because it was secured against the value of the solar farms.
Last month, a report by Essex County Council criticised Thurrock for its risky investment decisions and failure to make proper checks. The report also highlighted the role played by the council's then chief financial officer, Sean Clark, in its disastrous investment strategy.

As well as the Rockfire investments, Mr Clark also invested council cash in other companies that went bust. Mr Clark did not respond to Panorama.
...'

Who — or what killed — Julie Buck?

And where is her forbidden lover Richard Milgin — last seen walking into the Kimberley wilderness more than 30 years ago?

Those are the questions which a coroner will probe in Perth this week, in a final bid to unlock the dark secrets of the couple’s “wrong skin” relationship, the fallout from which still haunts their families and their communities after all that time.
The inquest, before coroner Michael Jenkin, was told that the couple’s love was forbidden, because they were the wrong “skin” — or kinship group.

And the 23 year-old Ms Buck had also been ‘promised’ as a wife to Jimmy Nerrimah, an elder and renowned local artist who was three times her age. Their relationship was causing tension in town.

Counsel assisting Will Stops told the court that around the end of 1993 or the beginning of 1994, the couple disappeared.

And just over a year later, around 2km outside of Looma, Ms Buck’s skeletal remains were found under a tree by a group of local children.

Who — or what killed — Julie Buck?

And where is her forbidden lover Richard Milgin — last seen walking into the Kimberley wilderness more than 30 years ago?

Those are the questions which a coroner will probe in Perth this week, in a final bid to unlock the dark secrets of the couple’s “wrong skin” relationship, the fallout from which still haunts their families and their communities after all that time.
The inquest, before coroner Michael Jenkin, was told that the couple’s love was forbidden, because they were the wrong “skin” — or kinship group.

And the 23 year-old Ms Buck had also been ‘promised’ as a wife to Jimmy Nerrimah, an elder and renowned local artist who was three times her age. Their relationship was causing tension in town.

Counsel assisting Will Stops told the court that around the end of 1993 or the beginning of 1994, the couple disappeared.

And just over a year later, around 2km outside of Looma, Ms Buck’s skeletal remains were found under a tree by a group of local children.

The Age and Sydney Morning Herald did a podcast series on this story a few years ago
Wrong Skin

It got very interesting when WAPOL seized a Land Cruiser belonging to a prominent member of the Kimberley Land Council, after the podcast series aired.

The Coroner's Court inquest list only refers to Richard Milgin, who hasn't been found. There's a $1 million reward on offer through Crime Stoppers RICHARD MILGIN • Crime Stoppers Western Australia

More than 1,000 criminal charges.

Failure to pay long service leave is a criminal offence in Victoria. The regulator, Wage Inspectorate Victoria, has brought the case against Woolworths and a subsidiary, Woolstar, claiming the alleged underpayments occurred between 2018 and 2021.

More than 1,000 criminal charges.

Failure to pay long service leave is a criminal offence in Victoria. The regulator, Wage Inspectorate Victoria, has brought the case against Woolworths and a subsidiary, Woolstar, claiming the alleged underpayments occurred between 2018 and 2021.

If they didn't purposely do it, there should be no criminal charges , that would be stupid.
Fact is , it can be very complicated to calculate for workforces with a lot of casuals, and people, and computers make errors.

I know a company that made an error in the super payments, was a genuine error, they fixed it. They would have been much happier to have done it right in the first place than to have to make a huge payment all at once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they didn't purposely do it, there should be no criminal charges , that would be stupid.
Fact is , it can be very complicated to calculate for workforces with a lot of casuals, and people, and computers make errors.

I know a company that made an error in the super payments, was a genuine error, they fixed it. They would have been much happier to have done it right in the first place than to have to make a huge payment all at once.
I have had repayments from errors in my super account twice and also once from my health fund. I wouldn’t have known but their internal auditing picked up the errors. There are very strict oversight rules in this country, which is good to know for consumers. It’s best if they quickly move to redress the situation before the authorities get wind of it.

I have had repayments from errors in my super account twice and also once from my health fund. I wouldn’t have known but their internal auditing picked up the errors. There are very strict oversight rules in this country, which is good to know for consumers. It’s best if they quickly move to redress the situation before the authorities get wind of it.
It’s best if they quickly move to redress the situation before the authorities get wind of it......very true and sadly the law does not take into consideration that it may have been the Pay Clerk or similar person who made the mistake, not the owner. But its the owner who gets into trouble for something they knew nothing about!!

It’s best if they quickly move to redress the situation before the authorities get wind of it......very true and sadly the law does not take into consideration that it may have been the Pay Clerk or similar person who made the mistake, not the owner. But its the owner who gets into trouble for something they knew nothing about!!
Sounds a bit like the trouble Woolworths is currently in. Some incompetent accounts clerk/s have stuffed the company but it’s presented as if it’s something the company has done deliberately.

Debbie Richards can't find housing while on bail for her role in a murder and has asked to go back to prison. The judge agreed.

Debbie Jane Richards is accused of allegedly being present and not calling for help when 53-year-old Len Andrew Hegarty was assaulted and killed at a North Toowoomba home on Christmas Eve in 2021.

Abducted in Adelaide and buried alive in the Flinders Ranges. Jasmeen's killer was handed a life sentence.

Singh had pleaded not guilty to murdering Ms Kaur, but changed his plea a month before his Supreme Court trial was due to start in March this year.

The bloke shot dead in South Yarra was a known criminal and some are fearful we may see a gang war in Melbourne similar to what Sydney is experiencing.

The bloke shot dead in South Yarra was a known criminal and some are fearful we may see a gang war in Melbourne similar to what Sydney is experiencing.

Had same thoughts this morning when I read the article, thanks for posting. I got distracted and forgot.

Better if it wasn't going on at all but I hope it doesn't escalate from here.

Only in the Disunited State of Psycho Political Aresholes.

'On his Truth Social site, the former president wrote, “IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!” on Friday afternoon, a day after he pleaded not guilty to charges that he orchestrated a criminal conspiracy to try to reverse his 2020 election loss to Democrat Joe Biden.'

'Rightwing Florida governor and 2024 presidential hopeful Ron DeSantis was widely condemned after he said that if elected to the White House, he would “start slitting throats” in the federal bureaucracy on his first day in power.'

He was a Mongol.

Some social media influencers aren't responsible enough to have this kind of power. The mayhem put further focus on the hold social media influencers have on the people who follow and fawn over them.

Police said they arrested 65 people, including 30 juveniles.

Several people were injured, including some with bloodied faces. At least four people were taken away in ambulances.

"I don't think people realise the level of discipline that we showed to take a very dangerous, volatile situation and to be able to bring it to a level of resolve without any loss of life or any substantial damage to property and without young people harming themselves," Mayor Adams said.

The Police will have been/be looking for evidence of any accelerant in the ruins.

'Police investigate QLD house fire that killed father, five boys'
'August 7, 2023 - 9:05AM

Queensland Police Regional Crime Co-ordinator Superintendent Andrew Massingham said police had not determined if the fire was suspicious.

He told reporters on Monday that police had established a 25-person crime centre to manage investigations into the horrific fire.

“The establishment of the investigation centre is because there are some elements of this incident that do require closer scrutiny,” he said.
“No determination has been made at this stage as to whether this fire is suspicious or not.
“It‘s important that I tell you that we are keeping an open mind with respect to this matter.
“And, as I say, no determination has been made, but there are some aspects of it that require further investigation.”
Superintendent Massingham said officers would concentrate on Monday morning in recovering the bodies from the home.
The next phase of their investigation would be to identify the scene of the fire and whether there were any suspicious elements.

While early in their investigation, Superintendent Massingham confirmed the man killed in the fire was “known to police”.
“I can confirm that police have been to the residence in the past,” he said.
“The nature and frequency of our attendance there is subject to internal review and will be part of the investigation.

“As to whether the male was supposed to be at the address or not is still subject to investigation.”
Superintendent Massingham also revealed police were still seeking to speak to a number of people who could provide accounts of the blaze.
Nine News previously reported on Monday that while the fire was initially treated as not being suspicious, that had since changed.

The Courier Mail reported Ms Stephenson is understood to have told police her partner, Mr Godinet, raced upstairs to rescue the five boys when the fire broke out before becoming trapped when the second storey collapsed.

Neighbours and local residents told the Brisbane paper of Mr Godinet’s brave act, stating he had slept downstairs at the property while Ms Stephenson and the five children aged three to 11 slept in the floor above.
The 28-year-old mother, who was at the house at the time and escaped, was being treated by paramedics.
...'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back