News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

and Make you pay for something you might of Done 3 or 4 Times Already.

Thru stuff like Vitrual Console's
Nobody is making anyone buy anything. Its Nintendos property. They are well within their rights to do what they do.

Where did somebody post recently about Microsoft acquiring Obsidian (as well as inXile recently)? I swear I read it on here but I can’t find it anywhere.

Anyway, here’s a wholesome video about it from Obsidian. Going back to Black Isle this is probably my favourite developer and I hope this means they are back in the AAA game.

Sunset Overdrive coming to PC tomorrow.

Awesome! Only reason I have still held on to my Xbox. My backlog is ridiculous right now but I'm going to have to shuffle some things around to try and fit this in sometime. I've been itching for a second play through for so long. Hands down my most fun game this gen.

https://au.ign.com/articles/2018/11...n-sega-and-nintendo-gets-legendary-adaptation

CONSOLE WARS TV SERIES: THE BATTLE BETWEEN SEGA AND NINTENDO GETS LEGENDARY ADAPTATION

Sega vs. Nintendo: a tale as old as time.

BY COLIN STEVENS Console Wars: Sega, Nintendo and the Battle that Defined a Generation, a novel written by Blake J. Harris, is being adapted into a television series.

Excited for this.

Was a massive Sega fan the amount of aruguments and trash talking I did with Nintendo fans on which console is better in primary school were some of the best video game years of my life.

Sega does what NINTENDONT hahaha

More Origins and less Inquisition please

In retrospect, Inquisition seems like a test run for Andromeda. I’m cool with the style, just more on Origin’s quality of course. This will be a test for both BioWare and EA as they’ve been hammered from pillar to post. Do they listen to the fans or do their own thing again?

In retrospect, Inquisition seems like a test run for Andromeda. I’m cool with the style, just more on Origin’s quality of course. This will be a test for both BioWare and EA as they’ve been hammered from pillar to post. Do they listen to the fans or do their own thing again?

Dragon Age: Battle Royal

I don't have much faith in current Bioware to deliver the type of RPG they did in their heyday. Last rumour I heard it was pretty much a skeleton crew working on Dragon Age while the majority of resources were focused on Anthem so I'd temper my expectations of even getting a full RPG here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't have much faith in current Bioware to deliver the type of RPG they did in their heyday. Last rumour I heard it was pretty much a skeleton crew working on Dragon Age while the majority of resources were focused on Anthem so I'd temper my expectations of even getting a full RPG here.

Like most companies now they continuously change the teams instead of leaving a core in to develop and learn from previous mistakes. I’m not expecting much either but I’m still interested to see what the announcement will be.

On the subject I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Obsidian to reveal their new RPG at next week's game awards. Getting real Fallout/Bioshock in space vibes from the teaser images.

sc-weapon.jpg

DtHN1MlXcAAzGP5.jpg

They have basically none of the staff they did back then, it's basically a different company.
On the subject I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet. Obsidian to reveal their new RPG at next week's game awards. Getting real Fallout/Bioshock in space vibes from the teaser images.

sc-weapon.jpg

DtHN1MlXcAAzGP5.jpg

That's a new bioshock game, it has to be.

Obsidian make brilliant games, Microsoft getting exclusive games from that studio could be a game-changer.

Just on this and take it with a grain a salt, but I watched a youtube video with a few people having a discussion over this acquisition by Microsoft and apparently the conversation went something along the lines of.

Microsoft - "What games do you guys want to make?"
Obsidian - "Well, we could do this, or if that if we had the budget..."
Microsoft - " No, we mean *blank cheque* What games do YOU guys want to make?"

If even remotely true, very exciting for the studio. Hopefully Microsoft has learned from EA and Activision that when you've got great studios in your portfolio, shut the * up and just give them the money, they'll do the rest.

Just on this and take it with a grain a salt, but I watched a youtube video with a few people having a discussion over this acquisition by Microsoft and apparently the conversation went something along the lines of.

Microsoft - "What games do you guys want to make?"
Obsidian - "Well, we could do this, or if that if we had the budget..."
Microsoft - " No, we mean *blank cheque* What games do YOU guys want to make?"

If even remotely true, very exciting for the studio. Hopefully Microsoft has learned from EA and Activision that when you've got great studios in your portfolio, shut the **** up and just give them the money, they'll do the rest.

At the start of this console generation an exclusivity deal with Microsoft meant a small audience and poor sales. Since then Microsoft have heavily invested in the UWP kernel (Universal Windows Platform) as they were trying to break into the smart phone market (now depreciated) so all Microsoft exclusives are also compatible with PC which significantly increases their audience and make back the money on these sorts of things.

At the start of this console generation an exclusivity deal with Microsoft meant a small audience and poor sales. Since then Microsoft have heavily invested in the UWP kernel (Universal Windows Platform) as they were trying to break into the smart phone market (now depreciated) so all Microsoft exclusives are also compatible with PC which significantly increases their audience and make back the money on these sorts of things.
The new generation is also a fresh slate. Make an amazing exclusive launch title and you might get enough numbers across from that one game while also selling a s**t load of hardware. Although they might have signed them a little too late to make the launch unless it really is a blank cheque. Rushed games are never masterpieces though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back