News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Starfield, Indiana Jones, Sea of Thieves and Hifi Rush may all be eventually coming to PS5....

Another suggestion that Microsoft might be looking to pivot out of the hardware space and just becoming a publisher?

Smart move by Microsoft, was clear at the time of the big acquisitions that they couldn't possible keep the bigger games off of Playstation and still make money.

I'd like to see Sony return serve with a couple of games onto xbox. No reason why the Sony games released on PC Gamespass couldn't make way to xbox.

Starfield, Indiana Jones, Sea of Thieves and Hifi Rush may all be eventually coming to PS5....

Another suggestion that Microsoft might be looking to pivot out of the hardware space and just becoming a publisher?

Pretty excited to play Hifi Rush. Not so sure I'll get into Starfield. A bit burnt out on RPG's lately. But this is exciting news for PS owners regardless.

Pretty excited to play Hifi Rush. Not so sure I'll get into Starfield. A bit burnt out on RPG's lately. But this is exciting news for PS owners regardless.

Hifi Rush sounds like it might be imminent but the others will probably be a ways off.

Also been reading some interesting stuff about next gen consoles. While Sony are deep into development of the PS6 and possibly a real portable with an AMD contract in place, Microsoft are still flopping around the joint and speaking to Intel and NVIDIA. While I think they'll still go back to AMD as the only reason to look at NVIDIA would be if they were switching to ARM from x86 which would kill backwards compatibility, it kind of shows that Microsoft aren't entirely committed to the hardware side like they were.

Hifi Rush sounds like it might be imminent but the others will probably be a ways off.

Also been reading some interesting stuff about next gen consoles. While Sony are deep into development of the PS6 and possibly a real portable with an AMD contract in place, Microsoft are still flopping around the joint and speaking to Intel and NVIDIA. While I think they'll still go back to AMD as the only reason to look at NVIDIA would be if they were switching to ARM from x86 which would kill backwards compatibility, it kind of shows that Microsoft aren't entirely committed to the hardware side like they were.

If Microsoft could get Gamespass onto Playstation they'd be stoked and likely leave the console business behind.

Some people have probably been with Xbox for a long time and all their friends and family are there but I'll be surprised if it won any converts from PS this generation. I don't think PC would have stolen many from Xbox as you still need a semi decent gaming PC which costs more than a console. With these articles doing the rounds today I think it's a bit early to write off Xbox as it will be around for at least another generation, but with some of the alleged reports that Microsoft are so far behind in next gen development and haven't even locked in any contracts with manufacturers I wouldn't be surprised if they're out of step with PlayStation next gen.

Microsoft are so far behind in next gen development and haven't even locked in any contracts with manufacturers I wouldn't be surprised if they're out of step with PlayStation next gen.

Are they behind or is it by choice? Look at all the retailers they're getting pulled from, physical copies of their flagship title this generation getting purged in their biggest market just months after release. XSX console production has slowed down almost to a halt.

I think they've pivoting to handheld and will attempt to leapfrog Steam / ASUS ROG in that high-end handheld hardware space. They can't compete with Nintendo and Sony traditionally anymore.

Are they behind or is it by choice? Look at all the retailers they're getting pulled from, physical copies of their flagship title this generation getting purged in their biggest market just months after release. XSX console production has slowed down almost to a halt.

I think they've pivoting to handheld and will attempt to leapfrog Steam / ASUS ROG in that high-end handheld hardware space. They can't compete with Nintendo and Sony traditionally anymore.

If they're still planning on a next gen consoles then I'd still say they're behind whether that's by choice or not if the reports are true. They apparently don't even have a contract for the SoC fabrication of whatever they have next. If they're talking to NVIDIA then it's probably about ARM rather than the GPU (because NVIDIA work on higher margins) which points to a handheld but the same reports already have Sony well into development of that too with AMD and sticking to x86. Microsoft are heavily invested in streaming though and NVIDIA are their main competitors though. Ditching x86 would kill backwards compatibility with their entire catalogue and would have to resort to emulation. The same reports also have them talking to Intel still so maybe they're just shopping around and trying to get a better price from AMD.

For what it's worth I still think they'll produce a next gen consoles on an x86 platform. R&D won't take anywhere near as long as previous gens as it's mostly just upgrading components this time. Both brands will take advantage of what will be more advanced frame generation and upscaling technology by then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunno why anyone bothers with an Xbox these days, TBH.

Feel like the Xbox One debacle really killed off the Xbox.

When I was in high school everybody had an Xbox 360. At one point I had a 360 and a PS3 and I rarely touched my PS3. They just completely dropped the ball with the Xbox One (a bloody s**t name for a console, too). All of a sudden everybody owned a PS4 and now I don't know a single person who owns a Series S or X (again, shitty name for a console I can never tell the difference between)

Would be amazing as a Playstation owner to have access to Gears, Forza, Halo etc.

Must be devastating for Xbox owners, though.

Yep 😢, I mean I like PS but much prefer Xbox, so if it’s a case of Microsoft just being a publisher and all their games going to PlayStation, that’ll suck imo, and leaves PS with no competition at all just being the no.1 console.

Would love to see PS exclusives come to Xbox but doubt that’ll happen.

I've been mostly an Xboxer since 2006. Even when having both at the same time (360/ps4, ps4/xbo, ps5/series s/x) I'm on the Xbox more often.

I like Sony and their ecosystem, but I like Microsoft's more.

* that said I'm not playing many of either systems exclusive titles. A lot of the games I'm playing are multi platform titles (and I own them on every system anyway lol)

When I was in high school everybody had an Xbox 360. At one point I had a 360 and a PS3 and I rarely touched my PS3. They just completely dropped the ball with the Xbox One (a bloody s**t name for a console, too). All of a sudden everybody owned a PS4 and now I don't know a single person who owns a Series S or X (again, shitty name for a console I can never tell the difference between)

The Xbox 360 was peak for Microsoft, agree they dropped the ball with the Xbox one, and that’s why I think anyone who went from a 360 to a PS4 just went with a PS5, however the XSX is a brilliant console, my main go to console for gaming, still have a PS4 but collects dust.

The 360 was an all-time great console, and especially in the first half of their lifespans shat on the PS3. Was cheaper too. PS3 caught up once developers got to grips with it but it was mainly first party stuff that shines, third party stuff was almost always better on 360.

And the early exclusives on 360. Man. Mass Effect, Gears of War, Halo 3, PGR, Forza. Even stuff like Lost Odyssey etc. Damn.

The always online stuff and marketing it more of an all-rounder rather than a gaming console followed up by that dickhead Don Mattrick saying gamers should "just get a 360" if they want offline ensured it

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back