News General gaming stuff, random news etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty interesting, especially the second half about review scores. That's 100% my issue with reviews and scoring. He says 5-10 but I'd argue it's 6-9 because hardly anything realistically is worth a perfect 10 and it takes a special kind of turd to get below a 6 so we can really rate a game between a 1 and a 3. Also, what is an 8? One game might be an 8 because it's pretty good without being great, another might be an 8 because it might have been an awesome 9 but one issue is letting it down.

Don't get me started on pre-release reviews.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am looking forward to both projects. Control was a lot of fun, so it’s nice to get a sequel. But Max Payne 1-2 remakes is the one I am keeping an eye out for.

Given it's Remedy and these are remakes I can't wait to see how they reimagine the games. I'm assuming more live action stuff. I'm also assuming they'll use the likeness that they used for the sequels and not MP1 but will have some sort of Easter egg to Sam Lake. I love how over the years they still include it in their games often without context.

As I replayed AW1 (remaster) for the first time in probably 10 years recently in preparation for AW2 I loved this reference without context. Couldn't find a shorter clip sorry but it's in the outro with about 25 seconds left. He's just asked to "do the face" without any other lines 😆. I don't want to spoil AW2 but it's in that game too.

Given it's Remedy and these are remakes I can't wait to see how they reimagine the games. I'm assuming more live action stuff. I'm also assuming they'll use the likeness that they used for the sequels and not MP1 but will have some sort of Easter egg to Sam Lake. I love how over the years they still include it in their games often without context.

As I replayed AW1 (remaster) for the first time in probably 10 years recently in preparation for AW2 I loved this reference without context. Couldn't find a shorter clip sorry but it's in the outro with about 25 seconds left.

Pause any YouTube video where you want the timestamp, hit “Share”, then tick “Start at”, copy the link and post on here. Something like this.

He's just asked to "do the face" without any other lines 😆. I don't want to spoil AW2 but it's in that game too.

I will definitely be buying AW2 when it gets its first sale. It sounds ridiculously good.

I'd like to commend everyone on this board for not having a CoD MW3 thread, one of the most terrible franchises in gaming.

I nope’d out of the series after COD MW 1. Pathetic how nearly new every patch of that game would remove access to the SP campaign and you’d have to download 50GB worth of files to get it back running.

I have only bought 3 COD games (MW 1-2 remastered and MW 1) in the last 10+ years. * spending $100 every year for the latest 5-6 hour copy/paste COD game.

I'd like to commend everyone on this board for not having a CoD MW3 thread, one of the most terrible franchises in gaming.

I'm not a multiplayer gamer. If the COD games had a good single player campaign that lasted longer than 5-10 hours I would consider getting it.

I nope’d out of the series after COD MW 1. Pathetic how nearly new every patch of that game would remove access to the SP campaign and you’d have to download 50GB worth of files to get it back running.

I have only bought 3 COD games (MW 1-2 remastered and MW 1) in the last 10+ years. * spending $100 every year for the latest 5-6 hour copy/paste COD game.
I nope'd out when people reported they were getting the "Please insert MW2 disk" error message.
Charging full price for what was supposed to be DLC, after saying they were taking a year off releasing a COD is just disgusting.

Reckon you say this every year lol.

Personally, having the most fun in years. Best made multiplayer since B03

Remove this Banner Ad

Back