Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be the perfect replacement for bews. Imagine him and clark off half back.

But most likely bullshit. Why are we linked with nearly every bloody player who wants to change clubs? Do they think we have 20 high draft picks and 20 spots on our list to fill? Journos just need to stfu.

Abbott has apparently got suitors for a trade. Hopefully we go into 2020 with only Stanley, Sav & Fort. It at least gives us a chance at consistency with Stanley and Fort as his backup. Sav in case both are injured. It enables us to look at drafting a project ruckman too

That's my ideal scenario too. Stanley, Fort, Sav, and a new (young) project ruck. Carrying five rucks as we currently do is excessive, particularly given that none of them are much chop. Lack of quality can't be offset with mass quantity. Fort, Sav and [mystery project ruck] is more than enough back-up depth to cover Stanley if he's injured or out of form. I suspect Sav will end up being a ruck anyway tbh so I view him as a more viable long-term project in that position than others may do.

We've mismanaged our ruck situation so badly over multiple years now that it will take more than one off-season to address all our list problems in that area. Now that we've missed out on Goldstein we probably have to shelve the idea of upgrading our #1 for the time being and just focus on moving on the dead wood and creating a smaller group of rucks with a more balanced age profile.

Dwayne Russell think's the cats my be looking at Rory Laird in the trade period.
I'd have him but couldn't see why he'd want to leave the Crows? Plus he's contracted until 2021

Mostly agree although I think one of Fort or Abbott will go, not just Smith.

Been some speculation that Abbott wants out if a trade can be done & apparently the club is open to that option - so you could very well be right

That's my ideal scenario too. Stanley, Fort, Sav, and a new (young) project ruck. Carrying five rucks as we currently do is excessive, particularly given that none of them are much chop. Lack of quality can't be offset with mass quantity. Fort, Sav and [mystery project ruck] is more than enough back-up depth to cover Stanley if he's injured or out of form. I suspect Sav will end up being a ruck anyway tbh so I view him as a more viable long-term project in that position than others may do.

We've mismanaged our ruck situation so badly over multiple years now that it will take more than one off-season to address all our list problems in that area. Now that we've missed out on Goldstein we probably have to shelve the idea of upgrading our #1 for the time being and just focus on moving on the dead wood and creating a smaller group of rucks with a more balanced age profile.
Have we mismanaged our ruck situation? their is only 6-7 good rucks available it means majority of teams have mismanagement issues regarding rucks..

Regarding the apparent 4-year proposed deal for Goldstein, could it be 4-years in the same manner which GC is apparently offering the nearly 37yr old Burgoyne a 4-year deal? So we were offering Goldstein 2-years player, trigger for a 3rd and then the 4th year was in a coaching role type thing - that's something I could have lived with because at least it would have meant we actually had a ruck coach

Kinda frustrated to miss out on him, now hoping we don't revert to Jacobs or Ryder who I'm not actually sure are going to be any better than what we currently have - 3 or 4 years ago then yeah maybe, but a big no to either of them now.

Besides, hasn't Jacobs like Betts, been linked with a move back to Carlton?

Yes.

Our ruck situation has been a disaster for the best part of a decade now. If that doesn't count as mismanagement, I don't know what does.
I don’t think it has been through lack of trying. But the cascading issues that followed from trading for Hamish McIntosh really have been a clusterf*ck.

Since then it has been more an issue of nothing we have tried working to the level required.

Have we mismanaged our ruck situation? their is only 6-7 good rucks available it means majority of teams have mismanagement issues regarding rucks..
True but having 5 s**t rucks on the same team doesn't help either. If we only have 3 to choose from then we're getting development time and consistency into them. If we didn't have Smith or Abbot on the list Fort would have likely played 8-10 games this year, I know he isn't much chop at the moment but as a first year player this type of development time is important and looking back on Smith and Abbotts performances we would have been no worse off as a team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes.

Our ruck situation has been a disaster for the best part of a decade now. If that doesn't count as mismanagement, I don't know what does.
So out of the elite rucks how many have been traded in the last 8 years maybe Mc Evoy and Mumford in his prime from sydney thats about it, drafting them is even harder and more pot luck little bit of realism and prospective is needed,

True but having 5 s**t rucks on the same team doesn't help either. If we only have 3 to choose from then we're getting development time and consistency into them. If we didn't have Smith or Abbot on the list Fort would have likely played 8-10 games this year, I know he isn't much chop at the moment but as a first year player this type of development time is important and looking back on Smith and Abbotts performances we would have been no worse off as a team.
I agree 5 is too many but they like versatile ruckman that can play forward...

Is there anything other than the single story to say we offered Goldstein four years on the list?

Just read the trade valuation as a top 10 pick. Simple no there. He's a good defender but good defenders are the result of a good defensive system not individual brilliance. You're not buying the system if you buy the player.

Pick 8+ in this draft? A solid defender but a very good user of the ball, I’m torn because I like the idea of another good if unfortunately not a long kick being added to this team anywhere, its a good thing, he was AA 17 & 18 I believe made the 40 man squad the 2 years previous, I guess the knock is how much does a back pocket really improve your team.

Laird is a gun but would cost too much both trade and $$ wise, and doesn’t fill a clear need anyway.

If we are looking at a player from a SA club, I’d love us to look at Todd Marshall from Port. Highly skilled key forward who would complement the aggressive approach of Ratugolea well long term.

Abbott has apparently got suitors for a trade. Hopefully we go into 2020 with only Stanley, Sav & Fort. It at least gives us a chance at consistency with Stanley and Fort as his backup. Sav in case both are injured. It enables us to look at drafting a project ruckman too
If Abbott does have clubs chasing him it be interesting to see if we do go after Jenkins, I'm not saying I love to have him but I definitely would have a think about it.
We are obviously going to move on Smith, so IF Abbott did leave, it be interesting to see what the club does.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE find the best 18-19 year old kid in the draft what's a ruck.

Have we given Ryan Abbott a good decent crack at it to show us what his got? I'm not saying he will be a gun but should of we given him a opportunity to see what his got...

Highly doubt this is true, but would love it to be

View attachment 744537
Laird is a gun, would love him.. but they would want the world.
And I also feel we are now that club that is linked to everyone just because it helps the media push a story... we have brought in plenty from other clubs over the recent years. We are now like Collingwood where it is an easy win to just say we are interested in such and such, and there is no accountability from the journo because they aren't saying we are getting them and aren't saying the player in question is interested in us. Just makes a trade target sound jucier if there are multiple clubs mentioned

As much as Goldy would have been good, a 4 year deal for someone that age is very risky.

Delist Zac Smith or try to get a late pick for him, trade abbott if someone is interested (from all reports a few are), and draft the best young ruck we can get. Don't bother with jacobs, he's so cooked the pot is dry. Let Fort see out the 1 yr of contract he has and delist as well. No point keeping him. Look for something else as a back up.

Pray schlensog turns into something useful?

Sclensog will not be a ruck.. he might be a backman.

Before we delist everyone ..lets give them at least a fair amount of time and give Fort another year. Ideally we manage to trade ina Ben King or someone of that quality so that Forts position is tenuous.

4 years for GSt... Insane. This is what happens when we bet the house that we can trade in a ruck when want to. Well guess waht they will not all just jump at our beck and call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back