Rumour GFC 2019 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Laird is worth a pick btw 10-15 definitely.

Fills an absolute need. He will play 120 quality games only 26. A bird in the hand with picks in that range I reckon.
Wonder what kind of money he would be in!?
You wouldn't imagine he'd be in the top tier.

So I stand by these guys for our picks and go for youth:

Sam Flanders - Midfiedler/Forward (Pick 8-12) -> From TK trade
Dylan Stephens - Outside Midfielder (Pick 12-16) -> From TK trade or our first pick
Cameron Taheny - Medium Forward (Pick 18-30) -> From TK trade or our first pick
Jake Riccardi - Key Position (Pick 36) - Our 2nd round pick
Jeremy Sharp or Cooper Stephens - Running defender/Winger vs General Midfielder - Whatever picks left... I think Stephens will be gone in Top 40 though, Sharp won't though, and Sharp would be ideal for Clark.

** Then I'd try get Meek from Fremantle with a Late Pick as a development ruck as he's already been in the system and looks a crash and bash type, 4th rounder this year or next. We could probably procure that from any trade on Buzza, or Abbott, or Smith...

Forget Jack Steven, and any other old players, unless its FA!

Like a few of those names... of course we do well if get one on our wish list...

Dylan Stephens - Outside Midfielder (Pick 12-16) -> From TK trade or our first pick
Jeremy Sharp or Cooper Stephens - Running defender/Winger vs General Midfielder - Whatever picks left... I think Stephens will be gone in Top 40 though, Sharp won't though, and Sharp would be ideal for Clark.

** Then I'd try get Meek from Fremantle with a Late Pick as a development ruck as he's already been in the system and looks a crash and bash type, 4th rounder this year or next. We could probably procure that from any trade on Buzza, or Abbott, or Smith...

Love that list. Would be a dream to get 2 let alone 3 or 4. Think D.Stephens probably goes a bit higher than 12-16.

Astute observation..

But really ..lets spend up big ...on backman ? Goal ? who need them lets just keep stopping them..
We actually had a back & fwd line that worked very well in the 1st 1/2 of the season.

The missing piece, not much fwd in the 2nd half of the season and mids went missing.

Who would be on your radar here. I do know we also need to add quality in the mid.

We actually had a back & fwd line that worked very well in the 1st 1/2 of the season.

The missing piece, not much fwd in the 2nd half of the season and mids went missing.

Who would be on your radar here. I do know we also need to add quality in the mid.

While we were converting ..there was a lot more confidence ..and the sides we played didnt really stop us..and tactically we had the jump on a couple...

Id add mainly mids or mid utes , 1 KPP , 1 Ruck .... so depending on who is available we can split it up lots of ways

Flanders , Kemp , Taylor , Smith , Stephens , Gould , Shute , DeKoning , Bryan (but im flex on which ruck)..bid on Henry and Cumberland

I like in what you put on all this... But I still think we need to go for the best young Ruckman in the draft..

Love that list. Would be a dream to get 2 let alone 3 or 4. Think D.Stephens probably goes a bit higher than 12-16.

Its really hard to say this one or that .. as I think there may be 20-30 players that could go between 20-50 depending on internal valuation.. Riccardi will be intersting he looks likely when watching WTigers. 195cm ..but he looks a bit like Darling so he is a biggish body.

Its really hard to say this one or that .. as I think there may be 20-30 players that could go between 20-50 depending on internal valuation.. Riccardi will be intersting he looks likely when watching WTigers. 195cm ..but he looks a bit like Darling so he is a biggish body.

Are you referring to my comment on Stephens? I'd be shocked if he goes past the top 10. But funnier things have happened I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you referring to my comment on Stephens? I'd be shocked if he goes past the top 10. But funnier things have happened I suppose.

Not anything other than saying there are a group of 20-30 players that at one club a player like Shute could be rated at 30 ..but could be rated at 60 ... it depends on your personal pov on the players... so its very difficult to say if we could only get 2 or get 4 players .. What does a Riccardi go for example ..id say if we got him using a Kreuger type pick ..great.. but its such a flat year someone might jump...

Not anything other than saying there are a group of 20-30 players that at one club a player like Shute could be rated at 30 ..but could be rated at 60 ... it depends on your personal pov on the players... so its very difficult to say if we could only get 2 or get 4 players .. What does a Riccardi go for example ..id say if we got him using a Kreuger type pick ..great.. but its such a flat year someone might jump...

Yes, agree with that. I think though to identify a couple of guys that are universally rated (Stephens and Flanders) and hope to pick them with 12 and 15 for example would be extremely optimistic. Guys like Riccardi will likely be drafted but their range is far wider.

Yes, agree with that. I think though to identify a couple of guys that are universally rated (Stephens and Flanders) and hope to pick them with 12 and 15 for example would be extremely optimistic. Guys like Riccardi will likely be drafted but their range is far wider.

I wasn't even being specific to the picks..it was just a general comment..

The diff between Riccardi & Kreuger.

Nathan was unlucky to miss out in his draft year. He played in the SANFL b4 he came to the Cats and you would expect some improvement there, due to being in our system for a year.

I liked Riccardi in the one game I seen him play for Werribee and he was nominated for the mid season draft.

The news tonight showed jack Steven heading off on holidays with Paddy Mac
Would the saints trade the two in a package deal in order to camouflage the true value of the trade
Also Patty is not really a requirement for the saints now

Would the saints trade the two in a package deal in order to camouflage the true value of the trade
Nice deflection, Steven I do not want in any form & McCartin can't even get on the field, due to concussion.

Seen concussion attributed to players already on our list not being able to contribute.

Jake Riccardi - apparently we were interested mid-season, wonder if there's still any interest come the end of season?

Riccardi's rapid improvement in his first full VFL season, in addition to his natural physical attributes, saw him rocket into contention to be picked up by a club in this year's return of the mid-season draft.
North Melbourne and Geelong were believed to be among the sides with the most interest in the high-leaping forward, while Sydney led a cluster of other clubs closely monitoring his development.

Fairly impressive kid. It's worth noting that his stats are virtually identical to Buzzas who has had a couple of more years development ahead of him. Certainly has more upside I would think though I haven't seen him at all

MCartin won't be playing football. He'll be retiring.

I like the approach. Would like a look at Luke Jackson or Harry Schoenberg at an appropriate pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back