Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists... Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m starting to think it’s more the midfield than the people around the ground that you can lay the blame on personally
Probably some truth in that.
Need young exuberant over tha ball hard at it players in there. Sel should be a number three or four mid. Danger forward, Duncan wing and forward
Parfitt, O'Connor and not much else. Hoping Willis can step up
Guthrie and Duncan outside users to hit up our talent. But we need first use
This is why I had hope for CC because he got first use
Hoping Stephens and/or Willis show something special

Last edited:

You would have to think the club has circled a few players for this last list spot? For example, they possibly have spoken with Matt Ling or Schlensog etc

Re Ling and Schlensog, are there many examples of players having been delisted, then redrafted and ended up being any good? Only one I can think of is Menegola.

Re Ling and Schlensog, are there many examples of players having been delisted, then redrafted and ended up being any good? Only one I can think of is Menegola.
That's a really interesting point you have raised, and one I hadn't considered. I am sure there are examples, but they are not obvious

That's a really interesting point you have raised, and one I hadn't considered. I am sure there are examples, but they are not obvious
Completely different circumstances I know, but James Kelly was pretty good for the Bombers. In general though Mengelola does stand out…and he was delisted twice?

Completely different circumstances I know, but James Kelly was pretty good for the Bombers. In general though Mengelola does stand out…and he was delisted twice?

And both times it was from the rookie list - so not even a primary list player until he joined us

James Podsiadly was cut by both Collingwood and Essendon before playing for us.

Mitch Robinson was delisted after, I think, 100 games with Carlton (although there were, iirc, some mitigating circumstances behind that).

Membury was delisted by Sydney and goes alright. A few people bemoaned us cutting Hamling.

I think Peter Bell was originally cut by Freo before finding his way back there after his stint at North.

Jarryd Lyons being delisted by Gold Coast is a good one for a laugh.

All of Dahl, Higgins, Menegola, Kolo, Atkins, Miers, Rohan, Sav, Tuohy and even Sel, should be talked about before Smith - in regards to dropping more experienced players for new blood
Yep. Smith was easily one of our most consistent, and no issues with keeping him in the side if he continues to perform. He is the kind of rangy bodytype who could play on and still be effective.
The main beef I think many here have, is those other guys who 'phone it in' and still get regular games. Hopefully that is going to change and some new guys can get a look.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back