Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists... Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
they will want something for 2022

Depends on whether they want any points left over after darcy to draft guys in r2/r3 or whether they are happy to use pick 80 90 etc to fill the rest of their list spots. But i agree they will either want extra points this year or future picks (either of which we can offer) to trade 23 out.

So this time next year we should expect to see McEvoy, Gunston & Shiels in the hoops...

Shiels is contracted to 2023 im fairly sure. I dont think that list has been updated. Mcevoy will retire and what gunston does depends on if hr can stay fit i reckon. Be interesting to see if sicily stays clubs will chase him if he leaves.

Depends on whether they want any points left over after darcy to draft guys in r2/r3 or whether they are happy to use pick 80 90 etc to fill the rest of their list spots. But i agree they will either want extra points this year or future picks (either of which we can offer) to trade 23 out.
I’d happily give up our 34 and future 2nd round pick for there 23

Imagine having 22 and 23 and a club wanting both those picks
Could get something great back
Won’t happen but we can dream

Presumably you’d only trade for 23 if there were 2 players (or at least 2 of a group of 3-4) that you are particularly wanting that you are confident won’t be there in the 30’s. Knevitt probably one of them as he seems to be rising in the phantoms. Just wondering who else we’d be thinking we’d have to trade up to get?

Very much doubt we’d trade them out knowing we need to replenish so many areas of our list now.

Who would we be trading up to 23 to target that wouldn’t be there at 30?

I have some players in mind. Brown might be one (after his good testing i think he could be a late bolter) ditto knevitt, maybe chesser if we think he slides out a bit or wilmot who i really rate. I know you like mcdonald and taylor who are another couple around that mark. Conway could be another but i doubt we take a ruck. From what wells said i reckon our 4 R2s (if we end up keeping them all) will be focused on mids and maybe a half back with speed to replace clark.

I have some players in mind. Brown might be one (after his good testing i think he could be a late bolter) ditto knevitt, maybe chesser if we think he slides out a bit or wilmot who i really rate. I know you like mcdonald and taylor who are another couple around that mark. Conway could be another but i doubt we take a ruck. From what wells said i reckon our 4 R2s (if we end up keeping them all) will be focused on mids and maybe a half back with speed to replace clark.

I like Wilmot, and he seems like he’d make a fine small defender, but I’m not sure I’m prioritising him in front of mids with at least the first two picks.

Chesser, Knevitt, Brown, MacDonald and Taylor would all be great gets. Add Long to that list too. Pretty confident we can get 3 of them. I’m a bit of a late fan of Knevitt but I’m keen now to grab him with our first.

Gehrig was always insanely fit too, except for the tail end of his career where he copped a few injuries. But its funny because early in his career he was a pacey winger and in the end he was a monster forward. Imagine if Hawkins was a winger from 07 to 2012 and then became a KPF after that.
View attachment 1260539View attachment 1260544
Gehrig, 1995, drafted to the Eagles in 1993 VS Gehrig, PF 2004.

The cynic in me thinks steroids are amazing things

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s the spirit China👍, another upbeat post from your good self.
Should I say Ceggars will take us to the promised land just to please you? We had big chances in 19,20 & 21. Remember we were 44 up and headed for top in round 23 at home and we butchered it. If you want to live in fantasy land then go ahead!

I feel like the delisting of Brownless means it’s a strong chance he could be replaced by McLaughlin from our VFL side.
Give the kid a chance

As much as I like the idea of incentivising great VFL performance with possible rookie spot - McLaughlin is a no. Way, way too small and at that size have to be exceptional in other attributes, particularly elite in speed, agility, disposal, tackling - he’s good rather than elite in any of these.

hahahahah your alternative captain critical? Ive never seen anyone throw more shade without ever offering the alternative. I guess that's why they call them the cheap seats!!
Fresh meat and no 30+ers! You think cats are not good enough anyway as you always make excuses for our September flops. So …. In it for the banter?

Gotta be the worst under 30 list in 2024 in the competition. Our butcher jobs in September in 16-17, 19-21 gonna sting when we are fighting for the spoon 24 and beyond.
Guessing this is satire or do you claim to have a crystal ball with which you can look into the future?

There's 2 trade periods and 3 drafts to take place before we reach the 2024 season, so making such claims as the above this far out is just laughable

Gotta be the worst under 30 list in 2024 in the competition. Our butcher jobs in September in 16-17, 19-21 gonna sting when we are fighting for the spoon 24 and beyond.

We will be fine! Covid will help us rebuild- there is no better club to benefit from it with our return to region factor or country lifestyle but also with the absolute best team in the business at mature age recruits from state leagues

All blokes who were 15-18 in 2019 have missed two years of footy- it’s simple maths - this is prime fall through the cracks or interrupted lifestyle and development territory.

There will be more Stewart’s out there then ever before

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Guessing this is satire or do you claim to have a crystal ball with which you can look into the future?

There's 2 trade periods and 3 drafts to take place before we reach the 2024 season, so making such claims as the above this far out is just laughable
Not really. Season 2022 will soon be upon us. We don’t have a high pick this draft we are all in next year for September again and then flop so we won’t get a high end pick next draft. We have shipped off Clark & Krueger and not really anything outstanding in the under 25 brigade at our club compared to many other clubs. It’s not laughable actually it’s very very real.

Not really. Season 2022 will soon be upon us. We don’t have a high pick this draft we are all in next year for September again and then flop so we won’t get a high end pick next draft. We have shipped off Clark & Krueger and not really anything outstanding in the under 25 brigade at our club compared to many other clubs. It’s not laughable actually it’s very very real.

So you don't actually know what's going to happen or what our list profile will actually look like and instead are jumping to the worse case scenario

We haven't even had the 2021 draft, and as for season 2022, it's still 5 months away

Maybe try looking at the positives for a change rather than focusing on some preconceived, unknown and unfounded negatives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back