Rumour GFC 2021 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel there is a trend with the younger players we don’t progress. They usually can’t develop defensive aspects to their game.

I recall Paul Roos saying that all young kids know how to play attacking footy, but what they struggle with is learning the defensive side of the game which takes them years to learn.

someone like Clark should be told to role model Isaac smiths game and learn off him.

both constable and Clark both have in common that they can’t defend to save themselves

I think Constable is in big trouble, whichever way you look at it now. Can't see us persevering and I don't really believe there will be 'interest' from other clubs beyond what we saw at the end of 2020. The absence of a defensive game could fit at the Blues, I guess. But surely they're starting to get wary of more and more Cats cast-offs. Still, Fogs has been their one smallish win thus far so maybe they'll kick on with that approach from here.

Clark clearly has the talent. But the application question and the lack of defensive commitment to his game are costing him dearly at this point. It's interesting how all the talk is that Freo would be hugely keen, given I see Longmuir as a coach who simply wouldn't stand for the deficiencies in Jordan's game at the moment. Maybe they're planning to remodel him completely. But I simply don't accept he's going to be guaranteed senior games every week there either unless something changes in his overall attitude to his footy.

sounds like Gold Coast are a leaky boat again....

Ainsworth for a R2 pick world be value but is contracted so I cant see him going anywhere cheap for a while.

......... others insist up to a dozen players, including top draft picks Ben Ainsworth, Will Brodie and Brayden Fiorini, are eyeing the exit door.
I'd be quite keen on Ainsworth. In and out of GC side according to the article, and from a country area (Morwell) so ticks a box for what we usually go for there.

Always thought he was a solid player when I've seen him play. Shades of a young Dahlhaus for mine and nice to get a player in with a long way to go in his career

Hed have the same problem being best 22 here as he has at the dogs..he will go to a bottom 8 club where he can be best 22.

At the moment, for sure. But Smith and Higgins surely pull up stumps at the end of 2022, and probably Selwood as well. That opens up a big hole that's perfect for someone like him. Would he be willing to wait a year - that's the questions - but he'd be more likely to get a regular gig with us long-term than at the Dogs.

(But yeah, more likely is a club that will slot him in from Day 1.)

I'd be quite keen on Ainsworth. In and out of GC side according to the article, and from a country area (Morwell) so ticks a box for what we usually go for there.

Always thought he was a solid player when I've seen him play. Shades of a young Dahlhaus for mine and nice to get a player in with a long way to go in his career

From. his time in the u18 champs, he was more like Chappy I thought. Pretty sure he played FP and was quite dangerous. In contract so only on their terms.

Morris today saying GC would be willing to trade P3 for a KPF, I think they are full of of kids... how they can get players to go up there will be a trick , in an environment where clubs can not force trades.

From. his time in the u18 champs, he was more like Chappy I thought. Pretty sure he played FP and was quite dangerous. In contract so only on their terms.

Morris today saying GC would be willing to trade P3 for a KPF, I think they are full of of kids... how they can get players to go up there will be a trick , in an environment where clubs can not force trades.
[/QU Maybe we could trade Sav

At the moment, for sure. But Smith and Higgins surely pull up stumps at the end of 2022, and probably Selwood as well. That opens up a big hole that's perfect for someone like him. Would he be willing to wait a year - that's the questions - but he'd be more likely to get a regular gig with us long-term than at the Dogs.

(But yeah, more likely is a club that will slot him in from Day 1.)
I thought Smith was about cooked when we drafted him but the year he has put in I could easily see him going beyond 2022. Would easily be in top 10 in B&F at the moment

I would be wary of anyone from the GC side that can’t get games personally

I think Constable is in big trouble, whichever way you look at it now. Can't see us persevering and I don't really believe there will be 'interest' from other clubs beyond what we saw at the end of 2020. The absence of a defensive game could fit at the Blues, I guess. But surely they're starting to get wary of more and more Cats cast-offs. Still, Fogs has been their one smallish win thus far so maybe they'll kick on with that approach from here.

Clark clearly has the talent. But the application question and the lack of defensive commitment to his game are costing him dearly at this point. It's interesting how all the talk is that Freo would be hugely keen, given I see Longmuir as a coach who simply wouldn't stand for the deficiencies in Jordan's game at the moment. Maybe they're planning to remodel him completely. But I simply don't accept he's going to be guaranteed senior games every week there either unless something changes in his overall attitude to his footy.

I feel like constable is gone well and truly. Papers stamped, simply not good enough.

Sure he will get the ball 25 touches a game, but what he does the other 110 minutes of the match he isnt disposing of a football is simply not even VFL standard.

I recall a game earlier this year with constable when the team was trying to work themselves out of a phone booth and constable sat there flat footed and didnt even move.. He ended up receiving a handpass standing there like a statue and got tackled, and i thoughr to myself, i dont want to see you play AFL again, off to gold coast.

I feel like clark and isaac smith are identical players talent and style wise. Both very similar attributes.. Yet look at the difference in what isaac smith does across four quarters and his offensive and defensive influence compared to jordan clarke.. The gap illustrates why clark isnt getting picked. He just hasnt learnt.

I feel like constable is gone well and truly. Papers stamped, simply not good enough.

Sure he will get the ball 25 touches a game, but what he does the other 110 minutes of the match he isnt disposing of a football is simply not even VFL standard.

I recall a game earlier this year with constable when the team was trying to work themselves out of a phone booth and constable sat there flat footed and didnt even move.. He ended up receiving a handpass standing there like a statue and got tackled, and i thoughr to myself, i dont want to see you play AFL again, off to gold coast.

I feel like clark and isaac smith are identical players talent and style wise. Both very similar attributes.. Yet look at the difference in what isaac smith does across four quarters and his offensive and defensive influence compared to jordan clarke.. The gap illustrates why clark isnt getting picked. He just hasnt learnt.

Get what you're saying re: Clark, but he's a virtual rookie when you compare his volume of experience to Smith.

I think the raw ingredients are there for him to make it.

I thought Smith was about cooked when we drafted him but the year he has put in I could easily see him going beyond 2022. Would easily be in top 10 in B&F at the moment

True - he's been awesome this season, and hopefully he can replicate the form for at least a couple more years.

But the drop can come quickly. Chappy was still playing top-level in 2013, but another year or so after joining the Bombers and he was done.

Get what you're saying re: Clark, but he's a virtual rookie when you compare his volume of experience to Smith.

I think the raw ingredients are there for him to make it.
Agree 100%.

I think just looking at isaac smiths game you see the difference between where he is and where he needs to work towards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was a bad pick. Stephens is a Man Child who can't get a game. Stephens struggles to get the ball, fumbles a lot and is basically a poor mans Josh Caddy. Hopefully I'm wrong and he can turn it around

Well, he's got to get on the park first. Was disappointed on draft day we let Robertson go. Assume there were concerns over his kicking - his technique isn't textbook but it seems effective.

De Koening as well. That kid has so much talent. Blessed with more skill than a 200cm player should have however there is an intensity issue. Does he want it. Is that something that’s just a confidence thing or is it just him. People said the same thing about Naughton. They also said the same things about Josh Schache.

Also heard that Cats are making a play for the next Crouch after missing Brad last year who I’m told was happy to come. Ironically a commitment to Higgins blew that up.

De Koening as well. That kid has so much talent. Blessed with more skill than a 200cm player should have however there is an intensity issue. Does he want it. Is that something that’s just a confidence thing or is it just him. People said the same thing about Naughton. They also said the same things about Josh Schache.

Also heard that Cats are making a play for the next Crouch after missing Brad last year who I’m told was happy to come. Ironically a commitment to Higgins blew that up.
Where I'd the info were after Matt Crouch?

If were to compare Schache to SDek. Schache loved the openess of the lower level. Imo , the only thing SDek lacks is body size. He is exellent at intecpets now, I saw one in the match today. I am confident he will have mo issues once he has been in the gym a bit longer

If people think SDK does not show much talent go follow another game as you have no clue

SDK's game is ready for AFL, his body needs another 10kg tho. He gets pushed around way too easily for an AFL KPD. Kids 200cm, is going to take a little while till he is ready. Happy with what i've seen though- good skills and solid competitor.

pretty sure the entire cats board on big footy and fans in general who follow the draft we’re melting when we picked CS over Robertson. Sometimes if is obvious if the club gets it wrong.
Not me.

If people think SDK does not show much talent go follow another game as you have no clue
SDK is going to be a very good player for this club. Just needs some more upper body strength.

I would be wary of anyone from the GC side that can’t get games personally
Scrimshaw looks like one who has adapted to a new club and is better for it, generally I agree. Wary is a good word.

Ainsworth 65 game in 4 and half years ..I dont think he is like Brodie for example, who from the same draft has only played 23 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back