Rumour GFC 2022 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seems someone has now missed his train on block with West Coast due to border quarantine.

Wonder if we'll give him at least a training block?

Would be worth a look if hes now willing to stay in vic and potentially play vfl-im sure we are considering options for our last list spot.

Yeah, seems they don't think he'll make it. The discussions with Geelong must have been VFL squad offers I think

I assume the money south freo will pay him is probably more than what we and other teams would offer him for a vfl spot so that might come into it also.

Would be worth a look if hes now willing to stay in vic and potentially play vfl-im sure we are considering options for our last list spot.
We clearly don’t rate him. Delisted him and clearly didn’t want his as a rookie or whatever.

Unless you are talking about giving him a spot in the vfl team? Not our last list spot in the afl squad?

We clearly don’t rate him. Delisted him and clearly didn’t want his as a rookie or whatever.

Unless you are talking about giving him a spot in the vfl team? Not our last list spot in the afl squad?

My point was we might consider him for a vfl list spot (im sure we will sign at least one key defender to our vfl list as we are light on there) but if south freo are paying him well he probably wont stay to play vfl (he will go back to WA once the border opens) unless a vfl club matches the money hes on..hes probably only going to stay in vic if he thinks he can get an afl rookie list spot locked up.

Danger would offer Walsh 10 over 10. I doubt that would be enough somehow. What will the Scap be in ten years? He might get close to 4M for 5 years from Carlton this deal... if they have the cap space.

Yeah I think it's incredibly long odds to even entertain.

Yeah I think it's incredibly long odds to even entertain.

I think he will be Car player till he is a FA at a min. They may lose other players to ensure he is satisfied but he resonates what some might call franchise player.

How we can get some one of that quality in the draft is another question.

I think he will be Car player till he is a FA at a min. They may lose other players to ensure he is satisfied but he resonates what some might call franchise player.

How we can get some one of that quality in the draft is another question.
Yeah I think we could get our hands on a decent draftee midfielder in the '23 draft unfortunately but that's our best shot I think.

Danger would offer Walsh 10 over 10. I doubt that would be enough somehow. What will the Scap be in ten years? He might get close to 4M for 5 years from Carlton this deal... if they have the cap space.

Id offer him 10 over 10 too but i doubt he leaves carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will be worth noting to see what we do with the irishman's spot.

It’s a long shot but from looking at recent comments, could that spot be a chance for that Schlensog guy to return to the AFL list?

If the club has gained faith for him. We obviously didn’t rate him when he was on the list.

If not, I’m sure there’s likely candidates in the VFL squad

It’s a long shot but from looking at recent comments, could that spot be a chance for that Schlensog guy to return to the AFL list?

If the club has gained faith for him. We obviously didn’t rate him when he was on the list.

He can not be a Rookie B

I dont think blake is allowed to be a cat B rookie again now that hes played wafl footy. He could be our last Cat A rookie though.

Question for those with a better understanding of list structure:

- We have 1 CatA rookie spot available & currently no CatB rookies on the list

- But is it a case that we can't do anything in terms of CatB rookie/s until the end of the season & then we can sign a CatB rookie for 2023?

---

Reading a few things about the Supplementary Selection Period, all articles I've read have mentioned us having 1 rookie spot available, so that's why I'm assuming the CatB spot essentially holds no relevance for this season now

It also seems we haven't invited anyone to train with the team at this stage, while the SSP runs January 10 to March 9, meaning we've still got time. That's unless we decide to go with no one at this stage, with the idea instead of keeping a spot vacant in case of the mid-season draft and looking at our needs at that stage

Do we need another key forward as our last Cat A rookie? I’d much rather a speedy flanker/wingman.

If we had no other choice then I guess Blake could be the last Cat A rookie and my desired flanker can be the Cat B.

I would have thought of greater need in terms of filling the last spot would be a tall defender - we really only have Blicavs & SDK likely to play as KPD, one area we may lack some depth this season as things stand

I would have thought of greater need in terms of filling the last spot would be a tall defender - we really only have Blicavs & SDK likely to play as KPD, one area we may lack some depth this season as things stand
and as such on the KPD portion, and the Rookie spot open..... Schlensog becomes more interesting if only from a list fit perspective.

Go Catters

True, looking at the list it is clear that some holes need to be patched depth wise.

On the back of the tall defender point, what’s the go with Neale? I’m just a little confused on where he would play if he DOES get a game...

Is he much of a tall defender...or more of a ruckman type. If he’s a ruckman, it would be harder for him to get into the 22 behind, Ceglar, Stanley and Ratugolea...

And if anyone knows where I could find some vfl highlights of him that would be great! (I think he’s one of the youngsters who would be pushing for selection this year alongside C. Stephens and N.Stevens)

and as such on the KPD portion, and the Rookie spot open..... Schlensog becomes more interesting if only from a list fit perspective.

Go Catters
They have to add a key tall back surely. A lot of faith being pinned on very young unproven kid in Sam Deakoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back