Giant Clearance Sale - 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope Silavgni & Brodie chase one of Kelly , Hooper, Smith and Kenedy too very hard.
Any one would be good addition.
Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Marchbank, Plowman is a good set of talls to build with. If I were SOS I'd have your first pick on the table for Kelly.

Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Marchbank, Plowman is a good set of talls to build with. If I were SOS I'd have your first pick on the table for Kelly.

We're looking all but certain to have a top 3 pick in the draft - I'd be stunned if we had it on the table.

2018 first round pick is a different story, though.

Kelly was pick 2 and showing why. He's worth a top 3 pick.

Absolutely - no arguments there. He's a jet.

Just not sure it'd be the right move for us to make given where we're at right now. I'd rather hold that pick and use our 2018 first as the basis of a trade if we're into him.

Nope, he's contracted Hopper isn't.
Fair enough I was a bit blunt.
There are a number of if's. I think we will be keen to keep both and hope it never comes up.
Lachie did sign for 2 years last time and that seemed short for a player you'd think will be in our long term plans, read into that as you wish.
Hopper will value himself on his fitness and performamce this year, we expect big things.
My feeling is a first rounder is low, particularly if Hopper.comes on as expected. I find it hard to giess your ladder position, no disrespect intended I just dont know.
Leave until these things become clearer and be prepared to throw in something else I think. If Hopper has issues :'( then it might work if you have a bad year.

You must have three things to get Kelly
1. Picks or players to trade
2. Cap space
3. Chance to have success in near or medium term future

Not sure how many teams in Victoria meets all three things.
Any club can arrange 1 and 2. 3 is a matter of perception to a degree. Who thought the Dogs had a chance when they attracted Boyd?

You must have three things to get Kelly
1. Picks or players to trade
2. Cap space
3. Chance to have success in near or medium term future

Not sure how many teams in Victoria meets all three things.

Josh Kelly just turned 22. Not sure point 3 comes into it.

Judd joined the Blues after they went spoon, spoon and 2nd last.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair point about 3. But the dogs weren't at the start of a rebuild.

What? The Dogs finished 5th last - then had their captain Griffen, Brownlow medalist Cooney and Higgins all leave. After back to back bottom 4 in the previous 2 years.

They were meant to be a mess for a lot of years.

What? The Dogs finished 5th last - then had their captain Griffen, Brownlow medalist Cooney and Higgins all leave. After back to back bottom 4 in the previous 2 years.

They were meant to be a mess for a lot of years.

If you look at their list and the close results in games at the time, you could see that they climb the ladder.

Sorry but your club is at the start of a rebuild as the same as my club.

Unless you throw a truck load of money at Kelly to get him. While, the Saints don't have to pay more than others due to the fact they are on their way up the ladder.

If you look at their list and the close results in games at the time, you could see that they climb the ladder.

Sorry but your club is at the start of a rebuild as the same as my club.

Unless you throw a truck load of money at Kelly to get him. While, the Saints don't have to pay more than others due to the fact they are on their way up the ladder.
Yet if you look at the 2015 ladder prediction most had the dogs dropping into the bottom 4. Including dog supporters. No one saw a climb.

Fair enough I was a bit blunt.
There are a number of if's. I think we will be keen to keep both and hope it never comes up.
Lachie did sign for 2 years last time and that seemed short for a player you'd think will be in our long term plans, read into that as you wish.
Hopper will value himself on his fitness and performamce this year, we expect big things.
My feeling is a first rounder is low, particularly if Hopper.comes on as expected. I find it hard to giess your ladder position, no disrespect intended I just dont know.
Leave until these things become clearer and be prepared to throw in something else I think. If Hopper has issues :'( then it might work if you have a bad year.
I reckom Hopper will be a beast. That's why I'm keen if not then chase Rocky

I reckom Hopper will be a beast. That's why I'm keen if not then chase Rocky
Leon clearly thinks he will be too. My only concern is his health. My take is the heart thing is the physical scrutiny the playrrs are under picked up a congential problem and its sorted. The back problems I'm not so sure, fingers crossed.

Leon clearly thinks he will be too. My only concern is his health. My take is the heart thing is the physical scrutiny the playrrs are under picked up a congential problem and its sorted. The back problems I'm not so sure, fingers crossed.
Hope the heart thing isn't a big deal for him. Knew Beau Casson who was an absolute gem and could've had a long career for australia but had to retire in the low 20s due to heart problems.

Hope the heart thing isn't a big deal for him. Knew Beau Casson who was an absolute gem and could've had a long career for australia but had to retire in the low 20s due to heart problems.
Yeah it's definitely one for the experts, I would think he wouldn't be under the stress of training if there was an issue.

With all the commentary around whitfield i am interested to see:
a) what do you think is reasonable trade value? Imagine we have two first rounders probably around pick ten (imagine both us and hawks are vying for 8th spot, although after last week i could be well off). Would one of those be about right?
b) what are the chances of him leaving?
c) what number do you rate him on your list? Is he walk up best 22?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back