Gil and the obsession with mangling our game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats basketball
Morning paper!!!!! bad news all of it. Even the sport section where now the tragedy of COVID19 WHICH IS HORRIBLE , BUT STILL THIS DRIVEN OBSESSED INDIVIDUAL
MC LACHLAN WHO SITS IN HIS IVORY AFL TOWER, WANTS TO GET A NIGHT GRAND FINAL EVEN AT THE EXPENSE OF CANCELLING THE SEASON FOR NOW, WITH A PLAN TO PLAY THE SEASON INTO LATER IN THE YEAR , AND PLAYING THE GF AT NIGHT!

STILL HE COMES WITH THIS CRAP !!!!!!!

NO ONE WANTS A NIGHT GF! if thats what I hear why doesn't this group of failures hear it too. Play it at docklands or the MCG but play it on an afternoon , when ever .
With the situation on planet earth the way it is now compromise is the thing, do it Mc Lachlan, or get the hell out of the job and your obsessed mind out of the AFL , or should I say the Australian Rules Football lovers GAME the real ones.
We have 16 rounds to go played during the late winter early spring under what ever conditions are still in place after the flu season and IF (if ) THE CORONAVIRUS IS STILL AROUND TO A DEGREE , FOLLOW THE RULES . But play the bleeding GF on a Saturday afternoon, but you never listen.

Well,. BF PEOPLE I GUESS SOME WILL COME OUT AS PER USUAL WITH THE USUAL KICK AT ME BECAUSE YOU DON'T CARE , BUT TO THOSE WHO DO CARE JACK UP about it get angry , complain complain complain , we have a bad era to go through yet any excuse for this dill to change and change and change the game . OUR GAME.

the first thing I read was night game late in the year, NOT JUST A GAME, NO, NIGHT GAME! McLachlans sickness.

Calm down buddy remember you are allowed to go outside for a walk for fresh air just don't congregate
[/QUOTE

Nah I always go for a walk, I just hate the idea of night grand finals because I am a traditionalist and this ignoramous Gil, has been trying for donkeys to get a night time GF for what??????? FOR TV MONEY, MONEY MONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEY, ITS ALL THEY THINK ABOUT..... AND WHAT HAS HE OVERSEEN, THE RULE CHANGES THE ALMOST KILLING OFF OF CONTACT/CONTEST FOOTY, KICKED OUT OF THE SPORT ALMOST.
Now the mongrel uses COVID19 as an excuse to wedge in a night GF, well like I've said a million times, the AFL is being ruined by Gil and his cronies, yet some of you out there just let them take our game and hammer nails in it, and say she's ok mate?
In every tiny little way they can, Gil and co, work only for...... what again??? MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY, NOT for the game.

I personally hope that the league is stunted by this tragedy around the world and maybe we can dice the two new plastics, and mix them back into a decent standard Australian Rules football, imagine another 100 OR NEARLY, elite players in our game and only 16 clubs, talk about improvement in standard, and no more horrid seasons like 2019, and that grand final my god what a horror, I was in Melbourne that week and I tell you Melbourne was football dead that week, nothing like it used to be.
But if WA or SA clubs come for GF's the place is on fire, and look at the two years that Syd and WCE played off, I was back home for both those grand final years, and hell Melbourne was alive and footy was still kicking.
And Sydney were as supported there as the Fitzroy people did for Brisbane.
Although 2005/06 was close to the beginning of the new era, of total umpire confusion/control and game changes and rules no one could fathom, and it still has that problem even in the 1st round the other week.

See, my comment about McLachlan and his sycophants ( on TV too) and the night GF is more than just a comment about night footy and TV money, it's about the whole shamozzle of our game over the last 15 years, the game un-interfered with, even sometimes today, when allowed to run and flow and not be stop-started by umps every few seconds, is the greatest sport on earth, but it's rare now.

What about when you see a pack form and a mark taken and you re sitting on the edge of your seat, waiting to see if an umpire will pay a free, or a mark ( and you see three or four different calls and you can't work out what tiggy tiggy touchwood is for????

THAT IS WHY I BRING UP ANYTHING TO POINT A FINGER AT THIS ADMINISTRATION'S GAME WRECKING IN THE NAME OF MONEY. OVER 15 YEARS OR SO!

And s**t I've been saying this for years. We are diluted and look a different sport at times, robotic sometimes as well, and proof in the pudding of how the AFL perform will be how they annihilate the AFLW too by introducing new teams after teams until they will dilute the womans game until it not worth watching and down goes the TV money! There now that gives everyone something to debate over this isolation period of 6 months???.

Also where are the characters, reading the 1980's book I see where Jacko said the game was getting so "girlie" that he'd wear a dress to play in the next match after a one match suspension for calling an umpire a C*** ( somewhat deserved maybe? As he'd been free kicked against 8 times in a 17 free kick game. WHERE ARE THE CHARACTERS IN OUR WATERED DOWN SPORT, AND YOU WON'T WHINGE AT THE DESTROYER ALL OF YOU IN BF.

Now... time to go and bash my head against the wall for 5 minutes, then back to the fridge, off to the TV and the 1989 GF "DAY" grand final replay.

THIS'LL BE THE 400TH VIEWING!! HA HA HA HA ! See I still have a sense of humour! Except when it comes to Gil! Then I am deadly serious.

Seems the perfect year to try the idea. If we end up having a 2020 season after all of this no one will care about a time slot.
This. Season is already highly compromised if it goes ahead at all. Now is the time to try things and see how they go. As long as trying them doesn't automatically equate to them becoming the standard in the real season. Things like reduced quarter lengths I hope do not become the norm.

This. Season is already highly compromised if it goes ahead at all. Now is the time to try things and see how they go. As long as trying them doesn't automatically equate to them becoming the standard in the real season. Things like reduced quarter lengths I hope do not become the norm.

OK, except with the Gil-man, this'll be his wedge, but the 2020 season only has 16 games and weekdays could be used to fill them, then everyone, as planned, everyone would play each other once, we've done one now that stands!

Then a proper finals series with Thursday and Friday and Saturday finals?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is not much can be done at the moment, clearly there is a cabal in charge at AFL house that will do anything for money, nothing is sacrosanct in the game, even before covid.

That battle is lost and it's only a question of 'how much' will be changed before Gil's reign comes to an end.

Question is, who are the high profile traditionalists in the game with enough clout to get into the AFL executive and reverse the changes in a few years time?

Can anyone name them? Benny Gale strikes me as a $$ man too, not a traditionalist.

just to make it clear though, Giants and Suns can stay,

We truly are in the End-Times.

That would be the first time in, like, forever, that you’ve ever said anything remotely even close to this. Since our inception every post you’ve ever made that has mentioned our club has been in the context of “you have no right to exist and should be utterly destroyed and the ground upon which your team has played needs to be ploughed under with salt.”

Man, this year just gets weirder and weirder and more f#*ked up every day

We truly are in the End-Times.

That would be the first time in, like, forever, that you’ve ever said anything remotely even close to this. Since our inception every post you’ve ever made that has mentioned our club has been in the context of “you have no right to exist and should be utterly destroyed and the ground upon which your team has played needs to be ploughed under with salt.”

Man, this year just gets weirder and weirder and more f#*ked up every day
I know I know! And I am being nice because the General was on a while ago, I've suggested that we need to play the seasons games only with two ruckmen allowed on the ground, after Scott Morrison has announced today that two's a crowd, and we're instructed to stay at 2 people. Well? How weird would that be!

I think a night grand final will be awesome. just my opinion.

But if the season extends into the summer months it makes all the logical sense in the world to have it at night.

And all things considered, a night grand final will be the least weird thing about this season.

Did people complain this much in the 80s when they departed from tradition and started having friday night football games?

Morning paper!!!!! bad news all of it. Even the sport section where now the tragedy of COVID19 WHICH IS HORRIBLE , BUT STILL THIS DRIVEN OBSESSED INDIVIDUAL
MC LACHLAN WHO SITS IN HIS IVORY AFL TOWER, WANTS TO GET A NIGHT GRAND FINAL EVEN AT THE EXPENSE OF CANCELLING THE SEASON FOR NOW, WITH A PLAN TO PLAY THE SEASON INTO LATER IN THE YEAR , AND PLAYING THE GF AT NIGHT!

STILL HE COMES WITH THIS CRAP !!!!!!!

NO ONE WANTS A NIGHT GF! if thats what I hear why doesn't this group of failures hear it too. Play it at docklands or the MCG but play it on an afternoon , when ever .
With the situation on planet earth the way it is now compromise is the thing, do it Mc Lachlan, or get the hell out of the job and your obsessed mind out of the AFL , or should I say the Australian Rules Football lovers GAME the real ones.
We have 16 rounds to go played during the late winter early spring under what ever conditions are still in place after the flu season and IF (if ) THE CORONAVIRUS IS STILL AROUND TO A DEGREE , FOLLOW THE RULES . But play the bleeding GF on a Saturday afternoon, but you never listen.

Well,. BF PEOPLE I GUESS SOME WILL COME OUT AS PER USUAL WITH THE USUAL KICK AT ME BECAUSE YOU DON'T CARE , BUT TO THOSE WHO DO CARE JACK UP about it get angry , complain complain complain , we have a bad era to go through yet any excuse for this dill to change and change and change the game . OUR GAME.

the first thing I read was night game late in the year, NOT JUST A GAME, NO, NIGHT GAME! McLachlans sickness.

Lots of people want a night grand final, it's better in so many ways.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back