Competitions Goal Kicking Game - Last Man Standing

Remove this Banner Ad

Few rules:-
1. Selection must be in before the first bounce
2. You can't select the same player twice
3. You can't pick an opposition player like some smartypantses will no doubt try to
4. If you pick a player early in the week then they subsequently get dropped or you change your mind, you can change your pick - whilst abiding by Rule 1.
5. You make your selections in this thread (no secrets among friends)
6. Any other add-ons I think of later

So does rule number 2 mean if I pick Walker this week I can't pick him again for the rest of the competition?
If that's the case, I'll nominate David Mackay.

What happens if my player doesn't play? Either not selected or drops out due to injury or illness after the Thursday night selection.

Does that mean I'm out as he didn't kick a goals or I get a free pass?

Alex I think he has to play for it to count

Then I'm going to pick all of the rookies knowing they won't get picked and I go through to the next round. Once 90% are out I will then pick the big guns to ensure I win :p

So does rule number 2 mean if I pick Walker this week I can't pick him again for the rest of the competition?
Yep that's right.

What happens if my player doesn't play? Either not selected or drops out due to injury or illness after the Thursday night selection.

Does that mean I'm out as he didn't kick a goals or I get a free pass?
It means you're out.

You can change your choice right up until the first bounce, as long as it is posted in here.

However if your guy pulls out late and you didn't have time to change it... unlucky.

There's going to be some tears.

If you predict the player will kick a goal on his non- preferred foot and he does, you get a bye the next week. If he only kicks it on his preferred, you're out. Kind of like a double or nothing gamble option.

I haven't cleared this with Spackler in any way, shape or form.....

If you predict the player will kick a goal on his non- preferred foot and he does, you get a bye the next week.

Maybe if you pick Richard Douglas to kick a left foot goal and he nails it you automatically win the competition :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you predict the player will kick a goal on his non- preferred foot and he does, you get a bye the next week. If he only kicks it on his preferred, you're out. Kind of like a double or nothing gamble option.

I thought that option would work well with the number of goals. If you pick Walker to kick 3, and he does, you get 3 weeks of immunity. If he kicks 2, game over. High risk, high reward.

But all that said, simplicity is probably just as good.

Kerridge for round 4 (don't worry Carl I'll edit the OP Myself ;) )

Complex suggestion:
Guessing the number of goals someone kicks:
- has to be more than 1
- if you get it right you can use that player again in future rounds

So you can sit there calling 'Tex' every week.. so long as you keeping guessing the number he will kick (and it must be more than 1 so you can't say 'Vince 1' every week)

Just thinking, the listing on the front page is getting a bit congested, would it be easier to read if we were listed under the player?

ie;
Taylor Walker
username1
username2

Ian Callinan
username 3
username 4
Probably would. I'll group them tomorrow once most people are in.

Im surprised theres a few real risky selections... Thought most people would be selecting Walker, Tip, Lynch and possibly porps...

Should the game be made harder? I could see all the risk takers who have selected outside chances being eliminated pretty quick, and in 3 rounds there could be half the people still playing but only selecting Walker and Tippett.

What about each person can only select a player once? Ive chosen Lynch, so if he kicks a goal this weekend I cant select him next week? Might move the game along quicker?

Thoughts?

Im surprised theres a few real risky selections... Thought most people would be selecting Walker, Tip, Lynch and possibly porps...

Should the game be made harder? I could see all the risk takers who have selected outside chances being eliminated pretty quick, and in 3 rounds there could be half the people still playing but only selecting Walker and Tippett.

What about each person can only select a player once? Ive chosen Lynch, so if he kicks a goal this weekend I cant select him next week? Might move the game along quicker?

Thoughts?

Looking at Carls rules (I may of misunderstood :eek:) but rule 2 states.

2. You can't select the same player twice

I thought that meant if you have picked a Tex once you cannot pick him again...ever..

Thats why I went for Stiffy this week, hopefully he sneaks down for one because it is unlikely he will against better sides.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back