Movie Godzilla: King of the Monsters

Remove this Banner Ad

The third movie in Legendary-Warner Bros' MonsterVerse after 2014's Godzilla and Kong: Skull Island in 2017.

To be followed by Godzilla vs. Kong in 2020.

In cinemas May 30.
Love how this "universe" is quietly chugging along.

Godzilla could of done with, much more, Godzilla in it and Skull Island was great and enjoyable change to the usual Long mythos.

Looking forward to this one.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Godzilla wasn't good. Cutting away from the fighting monsters to the stupid army family constantly even in the third act was blatantly done to keep the budget down. Godzilla and Eviler Monster sizing each other up aaaaaaand now let's watch stock nurse and kid run around a hospital.

Godzilla wasn't good. Cutting away from the fighting monsters to the stupid army family constantly even in the third act was blatantly done to keep the budget down. Godzilla and Eviler Monster sizing each other up aaaaaaand now let's watch stock nurse and kid run around a hospital.

Unfortunately it ended up one of those movies where the trailers were better than the end product.

The trailer that heavily focused on Bryan Cranston was brilliant. It had me absolutely hooked. He was criminally under-utilised in the movie itself, such a shame. It had great promise but unfortunately didn’t live up to its billing.

Agreed about the final third. Was a bit of a momentum killer shifting the focus away from Godzilla vs the Muto pair.

The tsunami scene is still something to behold though. Epic.

Skull Island was quite entertaining. Making Kong that size was a master stroke, the images of the fleet of helicopters approaching him from a distance was excellently done. That was a great action set piece.

Charles Dance is the only actor whose character hasn't been annouced despite him surely being cast on the back of his Game of Thrones profile. He's barely in the trailer. Twist in the movie will be he is James Conrad, Tom Hiddleston's character from the last movie. Things happened in the 46 years since to make him a prick. Things that will double as exposition and explain the world's ignorance before 2014.

Charles-Dance-Tom-Hiddleston-and-Godzilla.jpg

Charles Dance is the only actor whose character hasn't been annouced despite him surely being cast on the back of his Game of Thrones profile. He's barely in the trailer. Twist in the movie will be he is James Conrad, Tom Hiddleston's character from the last movie. Things happened in the 46 years since to make him a prick. Things that will double as exposition and explain the world's ignorance before 2014.

Charles-Dance-Tom-Hiddleston-and-Godzilla.jpg
That would be great

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It is almost here. The monsters are back!

I just hope most of the big fight scenes arent at night, and in the rain. Makes it hard to see.

Just hope they have the monsters on screen like Skull Island not as passers-by like in Godzilla.

Cant wait for this anyway. The world building for these films have been fun.

Hearing the Human story sucks but the action and monsters are amazing.

You’ve just described the majority of Michael Bay movies :D

But yes, reviews are a bit concerning. Will check it out anyway at some point, next years Godzilla v Kong will hopefully deliver.

You’ve just described the majority of Michael Bay movies :D

But yes, reviews are a bit concerning. Will check it out anyway at some point, next years Godzilla v Kong will hopefully deliver.
Yes and no. The transformers action was messy and I didn't enjoy it.

Want to see it and hoping to be entertained at a minimum..

Vs Kong is already finished filming so I guess no matter what this thing makes they will release the 4th film.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes and no. The transformers action was messy and I didn't enjoy it.

Want to see it and hoping to be entertained at a minimum..

Vs Kong is already finished filming so I guess no matter what this thing makes they will release the 4th film.

I think it will deliver in terms of entertainment. The running time isn’t too bloated so there still should be enough action despite the supposed poor human subplots.

Yes Godzilla v Kong is next March, earlier than I thought actually. The first Godzilla was okay, I felt Cranston though was under-utilised. Kong Skull Island was very good IMO. Not sure how many more they’re planning.

I think it will deliver in terms of entertainment. The running time isn’t too bloated so there still should be enough action despite the supposed poor human subplots.

Yes Godzilla v Kong is next March, earlier than I thought actually. The first Godzilla was okay, I felt Cranston though was under-utilised. Kong Skull Island was very good IMO. Not sure how many more they’re planning.

Loved Kong.
Hated having to wait for Godzilla (though understood what and Why they were doing).
Cranston was a shocking waste.

I've only heard of the 4 movies.

Loved Kong.
Hated having to wait for Godzilla (though understood what and Why they were doing).
Cranston was a shocking waste.

I've only heard of the 4 movies.

Yes it took far too long for Godzilla to appear. However it was a spectacular entrance, that entire sequence on Hawaii was brilliant.

Speaking of entrance, the helicopters scene on Skull Island was also fantastic. Kong towering in the background with the sun behind him as they approached. Excellent move they made making him so large, and completely differentiating from the Peter Jackson version.

Re: Cranston, his voiceovers in the Godzilla trailers is what got me most interested. To then render an actor of his caliber to a side character was an absolute waste.

I’ve just checked the ‘Monsterverse’ wiki and you’re right, just the 4 films announced (at this stage).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MonsterVerse

Humans meh (although Bradley Whitford was mildly amusing.)

Monster sequences were pretty spectacular, all things considered - reckon this will clean up big time in the technical categories at the Oscars next year.

Fun overall. Like where they're going with the whole MonsterVerse as well.

That’s next year, Godzilla v Kong is what they’re building towards.

This just has Godzilla. Against the giant moth and three headed dragon (Ghidora I believe?).
i heard it’s going to be like bvs they will fight each other then join forces to beat something else

Remove this Banner Ad

Back