Official Team Thread Gold City Royals S27 Official Team Thread - New Season, New Hostile Takeover

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm starting to feel like a Mormon Missionary ....what with all these door closing .....so resistant to change, so resistant to embrace an SFA where we can all live harmoniously

source.gif

Please remove your foot from the door.

View attachment 609902
After extensive testing over the past few months I'm happy to announce
that I've managed to broker a deal with Royal Jamaican who will be supplying
pre-game, halftime, and post-game drinks. This stuff is pure gold and
befitting of our Royal standards.
☆☆ No Ula, no Royal Jamaican ☆☆
We were never going to win without either.
Sack the selection committee.

☆☆ No Ula, no Royal Jamaican ☆☆
We were never going to win without either.
Sack the selection committee.

Maybe we'll get more than a solitary post out of you next week :)

Unlikely.

I've not had a chance to compile the post counts but I wouldn't be surprised to see you've outposted one or two this week... I'm all for making sure contributors get named.

Heads up guys, we're heading to Dragon Island this week and despite a 0-1 starting record we're in our first "match of the round". Important to get the win for sure but also I'll tag you all in once the thread starts so we can see what these new Dragons posters have in them. My guess is ham.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 1 Statistics
1550635563014.png

Hello lovely people, stats for the first game of the season where we just fell short at the end against the reigning premiers unfortunately. It was a game of two halves where we led by 4 goals at half time but couldn't put together a complete performance. Now that the new lineup has had some time to gel hopefully we'd start seeing positive results in the weeks to come. Standouts in the first week were Rodney Dangerfield who was immense with 7 marks at fullback - completely destroying the league's all time leading goal kicker. Smartys Power racked them up in the midfield and the new captain kicked 5 goals.

We also had 20 different posters which is a great sign of depth in the posting unit. The Filth Wizard will be looking to fit Ulahoopski and Rack Watts into the line up for round 2.

1551163210934.png

What a week! Bombers deliver us a free McEvoy tied neatly with a bow and we come back from 37 points down against the Dragons to win convincingly after they kicked the first 5 goals - they could've been further in front having kicked 8 behinds. But once we got our act together we slammed on 14 of the next 16 goals to turn a 37 point deficit late in the first quarter into 39 point advantage early in the fourth.

I played quite well with 23 disposals and 2 goals. Easy when Paddles_ can do all the work to get into scoring position, feign an injury, head to the bench and then give me the shots. Thanks Paddles! x

brahj dominated with 33 disposals and 2 goals as did Noobz0r with 26 disposals and 9 tackles, well supported by Blacky who had 25 touches from the centre and ShaunDuggan with his intercept marking across half back hauling in 7 marks and gathering 23 touches himself.

Rodney Dangerfield started slowly but took strong marks against the Dragons captain PhenomenalV1 after quarter time and played a crucial role in our comeback.

Posting wise it's been a very even showing making selection tough, in a good way. We had 20 separate posters in the first week and 21 in the second.

This week we're up against the Warriors in MOTR for the second week in a row and we should go in with confidence as we're undefeated in MOTR so far in the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back