Gold Coast SUNS guernsey discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

these are supposedly the 2017 blk guernseys. still no second major sponsor, as seen on the clash guernsey. that collar is really ugly. no real major design change, probably partly due to the fact blk is going bust and couldn't be bothered since it's likely their last year.

2020BLKADMSSGSJR306RED-RED-01-detail-781ff606-da93-4e1d-87e8-9d0eb1191b40.jpg

2020BLKADMSSGSJR311WHT-WHT-01-detail-7df8543d-bca3-46e8-8c47-577e72f65c22.jpg

these are supposedly the 2017 blk guernseys. still no second major sponsor, as seen on the clash guernsey. that collar is really ugly. no real major design change, probably partly due to the fact blk is going bust and couldn't be bothered since it's likely their last year.

2020BLKADMSSGSJR306RED-RED-01-detail-781ff606-da93-4e1d-87e8-9d0eb1191b40.jpg

2020BLKADMSSGSJR311WHT-WHT-01-detail-7df8543d-bca3-46e8-8c47-577e72f65c22.jpg
We won't be with blk in 2017

I was wondering what GC fans on this board thought of about the idea of changing the club's logo and guernsey.
The Suns branding has never been popular on the graphic design board but I'm interested to hear the opinions of people who actually support the team.

Ideas have been thrown around this thread lately which lead me to work on this new logo concept.
View attachment 266323
With this logo I'm trying to create a strong, memorable symbol that could be synonymous with the club's image. Similar to what Carlton have with their monogram.
The logo is in the shape of a sun that combines to create a G on the outside, while the C sits inside the centre. The left version features waves of red and yellow in the style of a life guard flag to represent the club's seaside identity. The right version is simplified to match the colour scheme of the home guernsey.

Along with this concept I've created a few redesigns for the club guernseys.
View attachment 266322
The top left and right designs are the same as the old jumpers, just with the new logo.
The top centre design is my own design which is a modern take on the yoke/sash, with sun rays shining from the club logo on the chest.
The bottom 2 show how the blue version of the logo could be adapted as a guernsey design. These might be better suited as clash/alternative guernseys.

Let me know what you think.

Good effort but, absolutely NOT!!!! One of the reasons I chose the Suns as my team was the logo and color scheme as it is. I love the red guernsey with gold trim and the GC in the middle. It is classic and beautiful all at the same time.

No thanks to any changes for me.

Perfect opportunity to change our club song as well. Bring in a whole new theme.

Haha I'm completely ok with that. In all seriousness though I'd love GC to channel a more vintage surf culture feel (70s/80s). It would be unique within the AFL and representative of the cultural history of the region.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think the blue is cuts the yellow and the red too much..

I have no fashion sense whatsoever, but I think blue should be there somewhere as the colour is part of our strip. Would blue look better on the hems around the sleeve openings and/or the collar, instead of where you have it now. Just a thought.

327621_db47398df5773522186586dce4acc168.jpg
like this

I've wanted a guernsey kinda like this one for a while, although I too am not sure how we incorporate blue or if we even do incorporate it. The only problem is it starts getting close to the SA jumper and I assume that they would kick up a fuss if we were to get too similar. Maybe blue lines down the sides somewhere??

Alternatively, I personally think a predominantly yellow home guernsey could be cool and different? Take us back to the TAC/VFL days (although different design), and it would only really clash with West Coast, Richmond, and maybe GWS, pending any AFL BS colour blindness, and we could have a red away? Yellow-light, red-dark guernsey to keep in line with what the AFL wants.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back