Preview Gold Coast vs Essendon, Carrara, Sunday 28/07/19, 4:40 PM

Who will score more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you're saying Woosha agrees with me?
Well no, because you think it’s “no big deal” to not have a ruckman. Whereas our coach believes we’re unable to maintain the current performance without one. Or are you just implying you have so little respect for GC, a ruckman is irrelevant?

Mate, forget the 'killer instinct' for this game. It's not going to happen. It wouldn't happen if we had a full list available... let alone with upwards of 6 of our 'best' players not out there.

Gold Coast have lost their last two home games by 15 goals. They are going to be keen to show something against a weakened opponent.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Suns lead at Quarter Time or even Half Time. We just need to win this one and get out of there.
Yeah I’m not really hanging out for a smashing unless GC are really keen for that priority pick. Prior to Richmond, GC were fairly competitive. I just want another win. At this stage, winning is the most important thing.

Yeah I’m not really hanging out for a smashing unless GC are really keen for that priority pick. Prior to Richmond, GC were fairly competitive. I just want another win. At this stage, winning is the most important thing.

At the end of the day I'm not hanging out for a smashing but * me if I'm gonna accept a 2-3 goal win against this side i want the final margin to be at least by 40-50 points even Carlton were able to smash this side.

At the end of the day I'm not hanging out for a smashing but fu** me if I'm gonna accept a 2-3 goal win against this side i want the final margin to be at least by 40-50 points
GC were far more competitive last week. I think they’ll want to keep it that way.

Anyway, no win is melt worthy at the moment because that’ll be our 5th in a row. Winning is the most important part.

At the end of the day I'm not hanging out for a smashing but fu** me if I'm gonna accept a 2-3 goal win against this side i want the final margin to be at least by 40-50 points even Carlton were able to smash this side.
You'll have to mate. Gold Coast will turn this into a scrap and we'll be forced to fight for the win.

Just get the win and get out of there

A question asked many times, but apart from an Uber/Taxi how does one get themselves out to the stadium from near the Broadbeach area? Is there a direct bus service from anywhere? Just as important getting back to Broadbeach?

I'd say we will win by a good healthy margin like 50 points. If we had our full team out there maybe we could really crush them but we'll gain a bit of % and move on.

Winning is by far the most important part. I don't even think % will make a difference, especially if we are competing vs GWS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the end of the day I'm not hanging out for a smashing but fu** me if I'm gonna accept a 2-3 goal win against this side i want the final margin to be at least by 40-50 points even Carlton were able to smash this side.

Mate we have a serious amount of talent out of this team.

Expecting a 40-50 point win is pretty god damn unreasonable. Even if it is the suns. When did we earn the right to talk like that?

If we aren’t switched on we will get our arse kicked. The suns are no walk over and should not be taken lightly.

Mate we have a serious amount of talent out of this team.

Expecting a 40-50 point win is pretty god damn unreasonable. Even if it is the suns. When did we earn the right to talk like that?

If we aren’t switched on we will get our arse kicked. The suns are no walk over.
Gold Coast lost to Adelaide by 95 two games ago. The week before they lost to Richmond by 92. They've lost 13 games in a row by an average margin of 44. How is it unreasonable to expect that we can beat them by their average losing margin of their 4 month losing streak, when our past 7 games has a better W/L record than anyone in the AFL?

Anything can happen here!

I'm uneasy about the McKenna thing and tbh, as for as good as Saad is, we have seen him moderately shut down at times on his run game only to have Irish kick in and start our attack from defense. We may need Pidge to go back down there. Although not the entire factor for the upturn in our wins, If Dew can shut it down then It could seriously cause problems.

We should be ok and outrun them late in the game but at some point the outs and sore champions must tip the scales structurally. Apart from the Crows game (They virtually gave up when it got to hard) we've had a hard slog of it with close finishes already due to injuries...

I don't know enough about the Suns to get a good idea of if they can out play us strategically but I'm certainly not taking this game as a given.

A question asked many times, but apart from an Uber/Taxi how does one get themselves out to the stadium from near the Broadbeach area? Is there a direct bus service from anywhere? Just as important getting back to Broadbeach?
I believe there is a shuttle bus that runs from Broadbeach South Station

Gold Coast lost to Adelaide by 95 two games ago. The week before they lost to Richmond by 92. They've lost 13 games in a row by an average margin of 44. How is it unreasonable to expect that we can beat them by their average losing margin of their 4 month losing streak, when our past 7 games has a better W/L record than anyone in the AFL?
Because i dont think we have the cattle or team that can smash a team at the moment. If we were full complement, maybe but with Joe, Raz, Devon and possibly Hooker out of that forwardline it is hard to see us kicking the 90+ points needed to win by 40+. Not to mention our weakness is teams that can win directly out of the middle and out of clearances, and for all Gold Coasts problems that is their biggest strength. Not to mention i expect Witts (who is in decent touch) to belt Clarke

I still think we will win, but I would expect (and be content with) a game where GCS get off to a quick start, we reel them in by half time, its a tussle for the 3rd quarter, then we blow it out to 25-30 points by the end. Its just how we play at the moment

Because i dont think we have the cattle or team that can smash a team at the moment. If we were full complement, maybe but with Joe, Raz, Devon and possibly Hooker out of that forwardline it is hard to see us kicking the 90+ points needed to win by 40+. Not to mention our weakness is teams that can win directly out of the middle and out of clearances, and for all Gold Coasts problems that is their biggest strength. Not to mention i expect Witts (who is in decent touch) to belt Clarke

I still think we will win, but I would expect (and be content with) a game where GCS get off to a quick start, we reel them in by half time, its a tussle for the 3rd quarter, then we blow it out to 25-30 points by the end. Its just how we play at the moment
I tend to agree with you.

But we beat Adelaide by 4 goals so in theory we should be able to belt the team they belted.

I tend to agree with you.

But we beat Adelaide by 4 goals so in theory we should be able to belt the team they belted.
Unfortunately AFL results arent linear like that. If they were, our 40 point drubbing of Brisbane means we would have smashed West Coast, GWS in sydney and St Kilda like Brisbane have.

Our teams is clicking at the moment but we are scoring mostly out of the back half. If GCS dominate clearances and can lock the ball in, we may struggle.

Like I said, i think we will win as we are playing really well as a team lately, but we havent shown a propensity to belt anyone for a while, the fact it is GCS doesnt necessarily change that for mine. I would be more than happy to walk away with a 3-4 goal win on sunday.

like i said we have serious amounts of OUTS

Both Adelaide and Richmond had near their full strength sides when they played GC.... We dont.

like i said we have serious amounts of OUTS

Both Adelaide and Richmond had near their full strength sides when they played GC.... We dont.
So we beat Adelaide with a serious amount of outs by 4 goals whilst they had a near full strength side, yet we can't expect to beat the side they beat by 16 goals by 7-8 goals?

So we beat Adelaide with a serious amount of outs by 4 goals whilst they had a near full strength side, yet we can't expect to beat the side they beat by 16 goals by 7-8 goals?
I think by now we can all admit that AFL results arent linear like you are suggesting.
Particularly when it comes to Essendon.

With no Joe, Raz, T-Bell, Devon, Hurley, Connor and possibly no Heppell and Hooker, I would be happy just to lock in the win, really.

I think by now we can all admit that AFL results arent linear like you are suggesting.
Particularly when it comes to Essendon.

With no Joe, Raz, T-Bell, Devon, Hurley, Connor and possibly no Heppell and Hooker, I would be happy just to lock in the win, really.
Linear or not it's not unreasonable to suggest we can beat the bottom side by their average losing margin of their 13 game losing streak when we've won 6 out of our last 7 games, including beating a side by 4 goals they lost to by 16 goals literally the following week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back