Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a fan of anything other than chrome/steel looking clubs. Never liked the rusty vokeys and don't like black clubs.
The reason that wedges are darker is so the sun doesn't reflect back into your eyes. Wouldn't say I really cared either way but the reflection thing does happen and is the reason I use them.

I'm spewing. I bought new Vokeys last week in Jet Black because I wanted something low glare, a few days later they release the Slate Blue and they look beautiful.

The reason that wedges are darker is so the sun doesn't reflect back into your eyes. Wouldn't say I really cared either way but the reflection thing does happen and is the reason I use them.

I've never had an issue with wedge glare. Only the putter from time to time. But I can see the appeal.

Tour Edge Hot Launch 4-PW
Mizuno 2 and 3 irons. Love them and will buy all Mizuno irons next time around.
56 degree Callaway SW. We have a love hate relationship.
And a big, useless lime Green, horrendously expensive Nike Driver that sits in the bag as an ornament as we have commenced divorce proceedings.
Srixon Z star balls.
Handicap has blown out from 19 to 28 of late, due to health, but starting to hit them a lot better the last few weeks.

Tour Edge Hot Launch 4-PW
Mizuno 2 and 3 irons. Love them and will buy all Mizuno irons next time around.
56 degree Callaway SW. We have a love hate relationship.
And a big, useless lime Green, horrendously expensive Nike Driver that sits in the bag as an ornament as we have commenced divorce proceedings.
Srixon Z star balls.
Handicap has blown out from 19 to 28 of late, due to health, but starting to hit them a lot better the last few weeks.
Your driver is your mistress remember? Kick it to the curb and move on. You'll get no judgement from me.

Can't go wrong with drivers this season. I'm hanging out to try the Mizzy ST190G. Looks a gorgeous driver and premium shafts for no up charge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just noticed that Matsuyama is using the Callaway Epic driver. Amazing from what I thought was a Srixon staff player.
Craven Morehead, maybe worth a little wine and dine?
The Epic seems to be 'the' driver on tour at the moment.
ahh, she'd only hurt me and leave me like the others.
I have some sort of mental block on Woods on the course of late.
All my mates are hitting big drivers, 3, 5, rescue woods of the deck, but when I put one in my hand it never feels right.
I'm booked into a sports psychol....no I'm not...it'll pass in time.

ahh, she'd only hurt me and leave me like the others.
I have some sort of mental block on Woods on the course of late.
All my mates are hitting big drivers, 3, 5, rescue woods of the deck, but when I put one in my hand it never feels right.
I'm booked into a sports psychol....no I'm not...it'll pass in time.
What I've been having a sniff around at is the older Titleist 905s or t. Smaller 400cc head and great flight. I love my v-steel 3 wood and my forum research says these are a similar club. Would a driver with a smaller head help you?

I went to Golfbox yesterday to pick up some new sticks... also got my hands early on the new ProV1's, looking forward to giving them a try. Hopefully I like them better than I did the 2017.

HappyGilmore.gif

Was waiting for it haha.
1st serious question

Why do you putt like that?
The split grip helps me feel more secure, accurate and in control of the putt. I feel I am more stable as I putt rather than hands together where I feel more flimsy with less control. I take a bit of an open stance too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back