• James Rowe

• Harry Schoenverg

• Lachlan Sholl

• Rory Sloane

• Brodie Smith

• Jake Soligo (sub)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Haven't seen too many complimenting Benny Keays on his much much improved disposal today 81.1% Disposal efficiency, only 2 turnovers and 1 clanger from 37 disposals, plenty only to quick to hand out brick bats but not so quick to hand out bouquets when they're due.
Yeah he was decent today.

My comments last week were really only true in first half.

But still, their equivalent is DeGoey, as the attacking mid. Hurt us with less ball.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Haven't seen too many complimenting Benny Keays on his much much improved disposal today 81.1% Disposal efficiency, only 2 turnovers and 1 clanger from 37 disposals, plenty only to quick to hand out brick bats but not so quick to hand out bouquets when they're due.

70% KE as well. He was much improved in that facet. I was considering mentioning it, but admittedly, I didn't feel like writing too much about that game.

Good
Rachele, class and looked at home in the midfield in the last.
Dawson, one of the few we have you feel at ease when he has the ball.
B Smith, solid last 6 qtrs after a god awful first half last week
Hinge, something to work with here
Butts, its like Talia has been reborn in Jordy Butts body
Keays, sets the standard for effort but theres a good reason the opposition let him get mid 30s in 10m of space every week
Sholl, coming out the other side after a dip from mid 2021
Pedlar, Cook, Gollant are the future, more of these 3 please.

Bad
Schoenberg, has started the year awfully although some signs of recovery in the 2nd half
ROB, dropped 3 marks at Collingwoods hotspot in the first qtr and a bit. If he aint marking the ball he is a liabilty. Strachanie cant be far away, looked the goods late last year.
Murray, tries hard but footy iq doesnt look to be his thing. Bashes and crashes but thats not gonna cut it long term.
Fog, he's frustrated AF which resulted in undisciplined acts but i have some sympathy for him, our f50 entries are diabolical
Doedee, some OK stuff but some of his one handed, low intensity efforts arent what you want to see from the next captain.
Rowe, at sub 180cm you need a point of difference. He doesnt have one and missing 3 set shots in the last 2 weeks...unless he sorts it, ability to convert will be the difference whether he makes it or not.

Ugly
Jones and mchenry, ive been a fan of both and very patient but today both were awful.
Sloane, cooked. Watching pendles embrace a role at half back is hard to watch.
M crouch, fumbly, over used. Unless he's the last 6 weeks of 2020 m crouch get a kid in there
Berg, its all been said already
Pies, expected they'd be bottom 4 like us but we are miles off the pace. Concerning seeing we've had 5 months to get ourselves organised.

You seem to be the only “high profile” poster in here that consistently gives him any credit. The guy is basically playing out of position being the “ball user” with the lack of polish around him. Pretty crap to see so many fans around here want to hang a guy out to dry that was a ROOKIE pick…you got him for free. Not like you burnt a first rounder or anything. You’d be much much worse off without him here. He’s got his flaws but seeing him become a scapegoat purely because he’s good enough to consistently win the football is sad.

Rant over. Leave you to it

Yeah he was decent today.

My comments last week were really only true in first half.

But still, their equivalent is DeGoey, as the attacking mid. Hurt us with less ball.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Echos my comments in that being the “attacking mid” isn’t supposed to be his forte. You need a midfield facelift obviously, no doubting that, but he’s done more enough to stay in there

All played average but surely the loss is all on the coaches. There game plan was atrocious, I didn’t know we had all great kick to play that game. Let’s no put any pressure on the defenders and let the opposition run free all day. That game plan won’t beat any team.

From the AFC website Match summary; must be from the archives of another season/time:
"In a somewhat pleasing sign for coach Matthew Nicks, Adelaide didn't lie down, continually bobbing up to kick a few crucial goals – particularly in the second quarter – but were unable to hold Collingwood for long enough to mount an effective comeback.
Ben Keays, Matt Crouch and Rory Sloane battled hard in the midfield for the Crows, and Brodie Smith provided plenty of bounce off half-back."BEST Adelaide: Keays, Crouch, Sloane, Smith, O'Brien " (my emphasis)
because it doesn't resemble in any way the game I watched today.
Not a word about Rachele, Dawson, Cook.

"Best: ... Crouch, Sloane, ... O'Brien ..." :drunk: :drunk:

Several players have started the year off a lot worse than last year. Jones and McHenry for starters.

Fumbling the ball was the killer all day. Hard to watch.

Murray is completely butchering the ball.

Schoenberg has had a terrible start to the year. Can't do anything right.

Fog and Himm next to useless.

Doedee has been a nothing player for two games now. Not intercepting.

Defenders not killing contests!

Good:

Rachele. Even he was fumbling a bit and missed some targets. Still, he was better than most.

Dawson great pick up. Need 17 more of him.

Cook good when on the wing.

Keays and Crouch decent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doedee has been a nothing player for two games now. Not intercepting.
Intercept defenders largely only shine when the midfield is putting enough defensive pressure in to make the kicks go long or short.

Our current midfield couldn't pressure a bladder in a kindegarten

Haven't we drafted Jones, McHenry, Pedlar, Cook (who in his draft year was more a forward) and even Rachele? There's plenty there that PLAYED mid, the question is whether they'll succeed their in the seniors.
That's the kicker.. that's why Ned and Jones are failed picks.
They can barely contribute to the team as role players let alone play midfield.

There was no good or bad, simply ugly.

Chayce Jones has no composure. I felt like last year he found some composure with his move down back. Nowadays even with time he just blasts the ball blindly.

Rowe has to convert. That's all he gives us. Without that he is nothing for us. Yes, tried his guts out last week in the first half when few others did but shit, we can't be missing easy chances like today all the time.

**** off Himmelberg.

At the end of the day, for 6.5 quarters this year we have made the opposition look like they have two extra players on the field.

It's a total joke.

Back