Goulburn Valley FL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

lsck of numbers. Wil have a few good year to come but after that not a chance rochy can compete at under 16s level in the gv! It takes a ridiculous amount of recruiting in under 18s from minor league towns like Lockington, colbo and Elmore to stay competitive.
At under 16s level lot harder to get kid’s in
Agree, the issue for towns like Rochy and Tat is smaller population, small or no secondary school. Makes it tough.

Agree, the issue for towns like Rochy and Tat is smaller population, small or no secondary school. Makes it tough.

Hopefully kids are capable to play top flight Under 16s will make their way to clubs like Tatura and Rochester as a way of continuing their development, instead of heading towards an extra team of a Shepparton, Echuca or Kyabram club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

lsck of numbers. Wil have a few good year to come but after that not a chance rochy can compete at under 16s level in the gv! It takes a ridiculous amount of recruiting in under 18s from minor league towns like Lockington, colbo and Elmore to stay competitive.
At under 16s level lot harder to get kid’s in

Interesting to note though that at least 4 Rochy kids have got clearances to head out to Colbo
Not good for junior footy in Rochy
All in that Under 16 age bracket

Should it be under 15s instead of 16s

Hopefully kids are capable to play top flight Under 16s will make their way to clubs like Tatura and Rochester as a way of continuing their development, instead of heading towards an extra team of a Shepparton, Echuca or Kyabram club.

Do you believe they are a genuine contender for finals Ringo? Maybe 4, 5 or 6 contender??? However unsure of their improvements so happy to be corrected by anyone. I feel apart from Ky, Euroa and Echuca in top 3- other spots up for grabs.

I think they will push mate. Won't matter as Ky will be tough to beat.

I was wondering about your opinions on the new 4ths (Under 16's) competition that the GVFL are running this season.

I was surprised that Rochester aren't fielding a side in the new 4ths competition (was it lack of numbers?, or are you going to stick with the Shepp Juniors this year), and I knew that Benalla & Mansfield weren't interested in joining (they are already in the Wangaratta Juniors & doing OK).

Having seen the bigger crowds that the Murray & Picola League gets compared to some games in the GVFL (especially at Deakin, the crowds for the Bears & United were ordinary when they don't play local teams), having more junior divisions in Netball & Football adds to a better atmosphere all round (too bad you can't fit another netball court at Deakin, because having two games running at once), and having a closer link to the fourths kids and the seniors is always a good thing to see.

My nephew is playing for the Swans this year, and we both are looking forward to playing new teams such as Seymour & Euroa, and continuing playing against the likes of United & the Bears (even though I'm involved at Murch, I'll try to watch as many games I can).
In terms of an extra netball court could shepp and united hire the Notre Dame stadium next door to play netball on ?

You would have said the same leading into the 2018 Season wouldn't you have Ringo?
They will be tough to beat. They have Morgan, Crowe and possibly Williams to come into the side. Ironside didn't get a game with Collingwoods VFL yesterday. I would expect him to be at Kyabram more often than not. Only see them as a stronger outfit. feel the gap has widened.

ky won’t be tough to beat
other teams have fallen away
[/QUOTE
They will be tough to beat. They have Morgan, Crowe and possibly Williams to come into the side. Ironside didn't get a game with Collingwoods VFL yesterday. I would expect him to be at Kyabram more often than not. Only see them as a stronger outfit. feel the gap has widened.
Will say it again. I think Echuca have improved on last year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jason eagle is back at united!! Very interesting signing

Interesting as he signed at a mates club in Adelaide for 2020. Very early.

83c2a0d7e26b1530128528714dc37642.jpg

Yep I heard from a key figure at Demonland Eagle was back. Even if he can kick 50 to 60 for the Season it would be a great help. I thought they could slip in the Finals before grabbing Eagle.

Yep I heard from a key figure at Demonland Eagle was back. Even if he can kick 50 to 60 for the Season it would be a great help. I thought they could slip in the Finals before grabbing Eagle.
I totally agree doc Unlike some of the recent ladder predictions I also believe they can give a finals berth a nudge one thing for sure they will play a better brand of footy under ossie, any way for what it’s worth this is my end of season ladder
Kyabram
Euroa
Echuca
Rochy
Benalla
United
Seymour
Tatura
Swans
Shepp
Mooroopna
Mansfield

Don’t think he’s set to play every game. Think they planning for 10 or so games. But a good signing for them.

Eagle has not been the same since doing his ACL some 3 seasons ago. Played the last 2 seasons in a minor comp in South Australia with Crystal Brook and managed about 45 to 50 goals each season.
Not sure how he will go at GVFL level now .

Eagle has not been the same since doing his ACL some 3 seasons ago. Played the last 2 seasons in a minor comp in South Australia with Crystal Brook and managed about 45 to 50 goals each season.
Not sure how he will go at GVFL level now .
Almost 10 years since last played GV footy. Would hardly think he would be the same dominate player he once was. I hope United can improve but cant see them in the finals mix. Osborne has to change the game style otherwise they will be lucky to get a man and his dog to watch it.

Almost 10 years since last played GV footy. Would hardly think he would be the same dominate player he once was. I hope United can improve but cant see them in the finals mix. Osborne has to change the game style otherwise they will be lucky to get a man and his dog to watch it.

He might not be the dominant force but he will certainly give them some structure and take a good defender each week. That’s a help in itself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back