AFL Grand Final Grand Final - Swans v Geelong, 2:30pm Punt Rd Oval #2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main issue I have with Geelong is hocking changing the rules, particularly stand rule to combat Richmond, then heading back to Geelong who win the next year’s flag.just a terrible look.

Reminds me of how in primary school kids would try to change the rules and start the game again when they could see they were going to lose.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Just having a read through this thread after a big night of celebrating, and I gotta say, I thought you were better than this mate, same with you kozi

When someone said you guys were going off more than usual I had to see, as it's usually just banter/trolling/pisstake...but this thread has just been sad to read. Had nothing but admiration for your club in 2017 and 2020, and even Scott made a special mention of you guys in his presser as part of the best teams over the last two decades...but all this 'we're in your head rent free', 'we had more supporters than you', 'the AFL is conspiring against us', 'we are everyone's Grand Final' etc. etc...I just don't understand it - especially when you've been my second team most of my life, lol.

Why is it you guys have no respect for any other clubs but expect everyone to respect you? The stand rule one is just baffling, as it would have been correct last year when we got rolled by the Dees in a Prelim, but it actually disadvantages us just as much as you now - as we completely blew our game plan up and now we're a run and gun, play on team. The Hocking one is strange too, as you guys have plenty in positions of power, and Benny Gale was going for the AFL CEO job.

To be honest, the reason we post and talk about you guys, is we just don't understand it at all. What makes our game great is that it's not filled with soccer hooligan fans shooting flare guns at each other. Yeah we banter and talk sh*t, but overall, there's a grudging respect for other clubs and what makes them the best is genuinely admired amongst most supporter bases. You don't have to like everything about their club (I certainly don't like Lynch and I know Tigers supporters don't like Stewart and Danger, but I've loved Cotch, Grigg, Dusty, Edwards and Lambert as examples), but you can appreciate what they bring to the game and the good stories that come along with it (Grigg and Stengle being examples of former Richmond people contributing to our success).

I'd hope you guys wouldn't just be a smartass to me, as I consider us friends on the fantasy board and I'm not trying to turn this into a thing...I honestly just think it's really over the top and just needlessly antagonistic. You were the bench mark from 2017-2020, and clubs changed their game-plans to deal better with your style - see us, or adapted their own to match it - see Pies and Essendon in recent times.

You guys will probably just say 'rent free' or whatever trolling BS is being repeated as nauseam on this board, but if I'm being honest I think we just don't understand this ongoing hatred of us as a football club and the relentless criticism and vitriol that comes along with it - when we're not in that same mindset when it comes to you. Yeah there's the usual club rivalries and banter and s**t, but this ongoing obsession you guys seem to have with every facet of everything the AFL does, or anything good we achieve, and that it's somehow all related back to you rather than the comp as a whole, is just f*cking strange, lol.

Sh*t happens. That's the way the game works. The ARC review thing withstanding, most of your decline this year was because you lost champions of the game previously, you copped injuries and other teams worked out facets of your gameplan and realized if they beat you in the midfield, that it would be enough to get over the line. Now that you're bringing in Taranto and Hopper, you guys will probably revamp and bounce back much like we did in 2016 after dropping to 9th in 2015. I hope you guys do, as the best clubs in the comp playing off at the pointy end is what makes our game great.

Even if it's just you two, I'd honestly like to see less of this vitriol between our two clubs, as it's just gotten out of hand. You were better than us from 2017-2020 and we were the best team this year winning 16 in a row. You'll probably be better than us next year, and so it will go on.

I've been up for 36 hours celebrating lol, so as much as some of you guys might think we're all about Richmond, I'm honestly just perusing the BF boards and looking through how the wider community feels about yesterday as a whole. For Cats supporters in general, we really actually are just sick of reading and hearing the same conspiratorial BS spread all over here, Twitter, Facebook etc. Yeah there are some things that have been unfair, but unless you expect to win the next 10 flags, things within your control like not losing to GC, North, drawing with Freo and letting it get to the point where Brisbane even was able to beat you, are what ultimately hamstrung your season. Constantly obsessing over the endless minutia rather than looking to the future with guys like Sonsie, Cumberland, Ross, Gibcus, Taranto, Hopper, Miller, Ralphsmith etc. is just counterintuitive, IMO.

Season is done now, so we start again and we see who the best will be next year. Hopefully see you guys on the Fantasy board and good luck in 2023 for both Fantasy and your own season. If I cop s**t for this post so be it, but like I said, I think you guys are better than this and I think a lot on this board who I've had a lot of good convos with in the past, are better than it too. Good convos are better than one-upmanship, trolling and bignoting, IMO - but that's just me.

Take care mate and you too kozi.

Peace,

Shadow.
this is the passive-aggressive nonsense Chris Scott just couldnt stop himself delivering

It was infamous, do you even follow footy?

Awesome effort by us to win the 2020 flag, in Qld. But $100k hit to the soft cap hurt and RFC losing 4 assistant coaches hurt us in 2021 along with a few player departures and a lot of injuries. 2022 saw us start the year with a full list and playing Tarrant and gibcus who played all year, soldo, who didn't work out and was dropped. Ditto George and aarts. Cotch was good Edwards was bad and dusty should not have played the final, but hey it was awesome to see Noah C, MRJ, sonsie, Miller and gibcus play the final. Ross hadn't played a final either. Jack Graham would'nt have tagged Neale anyhow. A lot our players didn't have good games and we got to within a goal. The arc decision was terrible but so were the players like baker who gave away free kicks like balta or dumb 50s that Lead to goals constantly kept Brisbane in the contest.

Our entire year was like that, as Dimma said.

Therefore thats what we were like, all year.

Not good enough

Hey guys,

Just having a read through this thread after a big night of celebrating, and I gotta say, I thought you were better than this mate, same with you kozi

When someone said you guys were going off more than usual I had to see, as it's usually just banter/trolling/pisstake...but this thread has just been sad to read. Had nothing but admiration for your club in 2017 and 2020, and even Scott made a special mention of you guys in his presser as part of the best teams over the last two decades...but all this 'we're in your head rent free', 'we had more supporters than you', 'the AFL is conspiring against us', 'we are everyone's Grand Final' etc. etc...I just don't understand it - especially when you've been my second team most of my life, lol.

Why is it you guys have no respect for any other clubs but expect everyone to respect you? The stand rule one is just baffling, as it would have been correct last year when we got rolled by the Dees in a Prelim, but it actually disadvantages us just as much as you now - as we completely blew our game plan up and now we're a run and gun, play on team. The Hocking one is strange too, as you guys have plenty in positions of power, and Benny Gale was going for the AFL CEO job.

To be honest, the reason we post and talk about you guys, is we just don't understand it at all. What makes our game great is that it's not filled with soccer hooligan fans shooting flare guns at each other. Yeah we banter and talk sh*t, but overall, there's a grudging respect for other clubs and what makes them the best is genuinely admired amongst most supporter bases. You don't have to like everything about their club (I certainly don't like Lynch and I know Tigers supporters don't like Stewart and Danger, but I've loved Cotch, Grigg, Dusty, Edwards and Lambert as examples), but you can appreciate what they bring to the game and the good stories that come along with it (Grigg and Stengle being examples of former Richmond people contributing to our success).

I'd hope you guys wouldn't just be a smartass to me, as I consider us friends on the fantasy board and I'm not trying to turn this into a thing...I honestly just think it's really over the top and just needlessly antagonistic. You were the bench mark from 2017-2020, and clubs changed their game-plans to deal better with your style - see us, or adapted their own to match it - see Pies and Essendon in recent times.

You guys will probably just say 'rent free' or whatever trolling BS is being repeated as nauseam on this board, but if I'm being honest I think we just don't understand this ongoing hatred of us as a football club and the relentless criticism and vitriol that comes along with it - when we're not in that same mindset when it comes to you. Yeah there's the usual club rivalries and banter and s**t, but this ongoing obsession you guys seem to have with every facet of everything the AFL does, or anything good we achieve, and that it's somehow all related back to you rather than the comp as a whole, is just f*cking strange, lol.

Sh*t happens. That's the way the game works. The ARC review thing withstanding, most of your decline this year was because you lost champions of the game previously, you copped injuries and other teams worked out facets of your gameplan and realized if they beat you in the midfield, that it would be enough to get over the line. Now that you're bringing in Taranto and Hopper, you guys will probably revamp and bounce back much like we did in 2016 after dropping to 9th in 2015. I hope you guys do, as the best clubs in the comp playing off at the pointy end is what makes our game great.

Even if it's just you two, I'd honestly like to see less of this vitriol between our two clubs, as it's just gotten out of hand. You were better than us from 2017-2020 and we were the best team this year winning 16 in a row. You'll probably be better than us next year, and so it will go on.

I've been up for 36 hours celebrating lol, so as much as some of you guys might think we're all about Richmond, I'm honestly just perusing the BF boards and looking through how the wider community feels about yesterday as a whole. For Cats supporters in general, we really actually are just sick of reading and hearing the same conspiratorial BS spread all over here, Twitter, Facebook etc. Yeah there are some things that have been unfair, but unless you expect to win the next 10 flags, things within your control like not losing to GC, North, drawing with Freo and letting it get to the point where Brisbane even was able to beat you, are what ultimately hamstrung your season. Constantly obsessing over the endless minutia rather than looking to the future with guys like Sonsie, Cumberland, Ross, Gibcus, Taranto, Hopper, Miller, Ralphsmith etc. is just counterintuitive, IMO.

Season is done now, so we start again and we see who the best will be next year. Hopefully see you guys on the Fantasy board and good luck in 2023 for both Fantasy and your own season. If I cop s**t for this post so be it, but like I said, I think you guys are better than this and I think a lot on this board who I've had a lot of good convos with in the past, are better than it too. Good convos are better than one-upmanship, trolling and bignoting, IMO - but that's just me.

Take care mate and you too kozi.

Peace,

Shadow.

fart GIF

🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh boo hoo.

I know right.

So even though EVERYONE is saying it EVERYWHERE, you still don't want to accept it.

I mean, i am pretty sure if Benny Gale was head of the AFL umps and changed the rules to suit us, you would feel suss. And then if we replaced Benny Gale with Dimma's sister .... its actually the most ridiculous s**t ive ever heard. The conflict of interest is outrageous.

I know right.

So even though EVERYONE is saying it EVERYWHERE, you still don't want to accept it.

I mean, i am pretty sure if Benny Gale was head of the AFL umps and changed the rules to suit us, you would feel suss. And then if we replaced Benny Gale with Dimma's sister .... its actually the most ridiculous s**t ive ever heard. The conflict of interest is outrageous.
Will always be the king of their asterisk flags.

They don't like a level playing field the cats.

s**t club , s**t song , s**t litter park , flog coach , flog captain, and inbred campaigner supporters . Minnows.
S**t Hocking...s**t Hudson...s**t Wankley...s**t other Scott brother...s**t sub standard suburban oval Park...s**t thugs that took out soldo for a year, took out meatball, took out vlas...

The main issue I have with Geelong is hocking changing the rules, particularly stand rule to combat Richmond, then heading back to Geelong who win the next year’s flag.just a terrible look.

Reminds me of how in primary school kids would try to change the rules and start the game again when they could see they were going to lose.
Honest question here, why is it that the rule change specifically benefits Geelong? What is the actual logic behind this assertion? And why has it been such a hinderance to Richmond?

Just half a step away from supporting them. You may as well don the Hoops, you know you want to.

I dislike them but they've absolutely been the best team all year and when challenged by Collingwood & us multiple times this year have stood up. They recruited well and changed their game plan so credit where it's due. Let them enjoy it, we had our time over them which will remain in history. The amount of idiot posters going on their board when they've just won a flag is just silly. It's a game of footy. Just be glad that we managed to beat a great side like them multiple times to win flags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No greatest ever premiership, greatest ever team, greatest ever coach, just greatest

thats all I’m hearing today
kudos to em. Geelong very good in 2022 as they usually are. This time smashed their way through the finals with good pressure football. Their kids have been good. Stengle is powering. I saw footy in the 60s & 70s so Stewart is soft comparatively. I've grudgingly respected them and HFC for the beltings they'd hand us. A bit like Brizzy not being able to beat us for a decade. It builds up a rivalry amongst supporters.

Maybe other 17 clubs pick up Edwards, Higgins, Mundie types?

If Dimma and our players can't work a counter to the stand rule and dissent kryptonite maybe give it up.

Last edited:
please some this nonsense. no one from the club is saying it. as dimma has said repeatedly, richmond cost richmond. disliked whiners from other clubs. never thought we'd do it 2.
Maybe Tarranto & Hoppe get us far enough ahead in games it won't matter.. but I'm pretty sure Caddy got dropped to the VFL due to 50m penalty. Maybe drop everyone who gives away a 50.
That'd be Baker and Cumberland for starters...
might not see much of shai either

Going around in circles now.
Geelong deserved to win it. 16 wins a row and easily the best side in the comp this year.
Get over it and accept it.
This thread is embarrassing from some of our members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back