Unofficial Preview Grand Final v Richmond - Saturday Sep 28

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
At open training Cogs and Lids both training fully with the main group

Not sure about this new calf issue for lids. Running unimpeded and no calf brace

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Lids cannot play, he has had his opportunity and his body can’t be trusted. It’s very unfortunate but we have enough guys with questions.

What do we think people... will Cogs play? should he play? I tend to think no. His leg might be fine, and he looks great doing some drills, but he hasn’t got the work into him. We wouldn’t see him after half time.

What do we think people... will Cogs play? should he play? I tend to think no. His leg might be fine, and he looks great doing some drills, but he hasn’t got the work into him. We wouldn’t see him after half time.
I thought photos of Lachie had him looking pale and wan after operation, but his body may recover quickly. Really only looks 70/30.
The Cogs scenario.I'm a little swayed by when the knee was injured, he came out strapped and it went within 2 minutes.
Cogs is quality, so if he's learned from that experience, he knows the risks factors, I'd trust him to make the best decision for the team.
My guess? He's not match fit.

Cogs is a star and I really wanted him to play, but there is no way he was going to play 4 qtrs in a GF. So very team decision.

However this is what my sister who is a medical professional said about Lachie:)

View attachment 753039

My wife had issues for a few weeks after having the same operation. Nausea mainly.

OTOH she was 10 weeks pregnant and I doubt Lachie is in the same condition.

My wife had issues for a few weeks after having the same operation. Nausea mainly.

OTOH she was 10 weeks pregnant and I doubt Lachie is in the same condition.
I suspect being a professional athlete would be a factor.

It would have been a tough ask for Cogs to pick up the pace of any final, let alone the Grand Final after such a long lay off.
Deserved respect for sitting it out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For what its worth I think the match you played against Collingwood was one of the smartest yet as a club and not everything went your way.

Repeat that with Toby and Lachie and I believe you are a good chance of defeating RFC and I have seen every one of RFC's matches this year.

Why can the Giants not win??

If Cameron and co lead up and kick goals from near half forward its harder for RFC to rely on run from the backline as GWS would not be bombing it in which plays into RFC hands while also aiding the defensive shape of the GWS Giants mitigating any slingshot rebound coming from RFC the other way. Furthermore, presenting up the ground aids in the reduction of turnover from short play out of the backline which critically, but unnecessarily, can go against GWS in the form of goals kicked against in the past. Smarter play highlights how effective Williams was in the midfield we he and others just put it on the boot quickly creating pressure from the territory battle

Keep the defence up, maintain the shape, with Cameron and others up the ground drawing the ball who knows how high the Giants can reach for the sky??

Last edited:
Good Lord

Get ready for some frustration with the media this weekend. The parade coverage Neroli managed to get "I can assure you there is so much more yellow and black" in 7 times in the first 3 minutes

All while showing pics from giants captains run on the MCG with an entire block full of fans in Orange.

We know there will be more Richmond supporters. Get over it !!!

Had this sent to me from Perth. Don't know of there is much in it

6PR Late Rumour this morning was possibly a big late out tomorrow morning from Richmond. The Marlion Pickett selection was to put people/media off the scent with that feel good story.

Wowee that would be big news! But not as big as the BIG BIG SOUND FROM THE WEST!!

What do we think guys

Will he play ? I have a terrible feeling he was never going to play, but with Ward and cogs out, having Toby as GF captain may have been too much for the young fella

Keef is there and trained. I have a gut feeling Phil will lead all the press conferences and all the media engagements and then be a late out this afternoon.

I really hope I am wrong

Screenshot_20190927-113518_Twitter.jpeg

What do we think guys

Will he play ? I have a terrible feeling he was never going to play, but with Ward and cogs out, having Toby as GF captain may have been too much for the young fella

Keef is there and trained. I have a gut feeling Phil will lead all the press conferences and all the media engagements and then be a late out this afternoon.

I really hope I am wrong

View attachment 754066

s**t.

Kelly would be captain as he's a VC. Toby captained a game because Kelly missed that game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back