Multiplat Grand Theft Auto V - Part II

happy_eagle

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd love to see a GTA set in Australia but don't think it'll ever happen.
I wonder if technology will ever get to the point where users (with a lot of effort) can create custom maps and share them online. I know a little can be done with mods, but I'm talking about a full capacity city creator

I also wonder if the next GTA will have any VR elements. The "ban violent video games" crowd won't be happy with that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong_Sicko

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I'd love to see a GTA set in Australia but don't think it'll ever happen.
The closest they've come so far is Mad Max (free download a month or three ago for PS plus subscribers) but that doesn't even feel like Australia. Just a big saltpan plain with rusted-out ship hulls from the long-ago.

They could have at least thrown in cars based on Toranas and Monaros and stuff like that.

Father Jack

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 23, 2006
between hope and reality
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
I've been playing through the GTA V storyline again just for the hell of it, and the one thing that really stands out compared to Online is how alive the world feels. My biggest disappointment with Online was how it killed any single player dlc, I feel as if the world they build went to waste a bit.

Geelong_Sicko

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I've been playing through the GTA V storyline again just for the hell of it, and the one thing that really stands out compared to Online is how alive the world feels. My biggest disappointment with Online was how it killed any single player dlc, I feel as if the world they build went to waste a bit.
Too right. When Trevor hits the docks looking for s**t I thought it was gonna open up permanent import/export opportunities within the game. I thought heists would have been a permanent, radiant quest you could do again and again. They built this massive world then flat out ignored it.

They should at least legally open it up to modders. The user-created content you can find for stuff like Skyrim has extended the life of that game far beyond what the developers initially planned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

simba_

ask me how to use this space for advertising
Jun 2, 2009
50XX
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, mew2king, Utah Jazz
i've been playing offline again just do to up sultan's but you can't get the RS offline? just the roll cage cosmetic upgrade? if this is true i'll have to go online again lol. i subbed for a month earlier this year and noticed for the first time ricers just hanging around bennys. that's the life i want

Klim

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 17, 2013
AFL Club
Sydney
Game is truly dead. Nothing will ever beat the PS3 days with money drops and modded servers running around and enjoying the game and not grinding it.

Top Bottom