Society/Culture Greens vow to move Australia Day

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't care which date Australia Day is celebrated on. I am happy to be Australian every day of the year, I don't need a particular day to do it.

For many, it's just about having a day off work, firing up the barbie and getting pissed anyway. Some celebration of our nation that is.

What do you think a celebration of our nation should entail?
Make it a national day of service. Go out and volunteer. Build a playground. Put on a barbecue for homeless people.

What do you think a celebration of our nation should entail?
Make it a day of reparations. All white people have to sit in the street and leave all the doors to their house open. Aboriginals get to walk into what ever house they want and do whatever they want for a day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sitting round talking about house and power prices is about as Australian as it gets these days.
Maybe for old people. Crypto or nothing now, homie.
Make it a national day of service. Go out and volunteer. Build a playground. Put on a barbecue for homeless people.
How would it be enforced?

We can already do that now on Australia Day, if we'd so like.

Maybe for old people. Crypto or nothing now, homie.

How would it be enforced?

We can already do that now on Australia Day, if we'd so like.
Extensive government advertising, through online forums perhaps, and grass-roots campaigns with local services organisations like Rotary etc.

Money.

I'd be down for implementing $4000 fines for anyone not attending.

A good way to raise money to help indigenous Australian communities.
All they have to do is link service to the Aussie spirit and national identity. "Do it for the ANZACS!"

Before long, community groups and charities will be complaining they get too many drunk people turning up offering to operate the hot water urn. Hospitals will be inundated with injuries from people putting shovels through their feet or damaging their backs lifting their own national pride above their heads.

I find the arguments for keeping Australia Day on January 26 to be quite weak. Sticking it to the Aborigines and the Greens isn't a valid reason, as much as sticking it to the latter is fun at times.

Make it a day of reparations. All white people have to sit in the street and leave all the doors to their house open. Aboriginals get to walk into what ever house they want and do whatever they want for a day.

The non indigenous residents of Kalgoorlie say don’t they already do the second bit?

I guess now we know the hobby horse the feral left are going to move onto driving the rest of us nuts with now they cant bleat about ssm anymore.

I guess now we know the hobby horse the feral left are going to move onto driving the rest of us nuts with now they cant bleat about ssm anymore.
Can you or anyone else explain why Australia Day "must" be on Jan 26?

Can you or anyone else explain why Australia Day "must" be on Jan 26?

It doesn’t have to be.

But that’s the day it is now, and the only ones having a cry are the hard left and the perpetually chip carrying section of the indigenous community, so I’ll be damned if I am going to support changing it.

They will all just move on to bleating about something else anyway, so may as well just stand up for a day enjoyed by the overwhelming majority instead of giving in and setting yourself up as an easy mark for these people.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back