Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That gets the old blood boiling. Sorry to see that SoS. Bloody hell some people are careless pricks.

Where did this occur?

Mrs Toes had a bingle in the Deluxe Family Truckster a week ago, in the carpark of our local rec centre. She was crusing along the packed carpark with the cars on her left parked at 90 degrees to her when she noticed in her rearview that a spot had become available. No probs, whack it into reverse and back back and into the spot. During the 40 metre reverse drive a car in a spot between her and the available spot drove out without looking. BANG! Their front passenger corner hit her rear passenger side corner, resulting in bumper damage and smashed lights.

The funny thing was that it was my mum who phoned to tell me. I asked her why the hell I was hearing from her rather than Mrs Toes and she replied "she was too scared to tell you!"

Christ!

Anyway, I hope the repair job's a cheap one for you anyway mate.
This was in the railway car park at Frankston. Would not have expected it to happen there! Looks like they made contact but even so, they decided to just go with it.

Panel damage only, no lights smashed. If i look on the bright side, we had planned to trade this car, so at least it isn't the new model we had been planning to buy.

There have been 6 deaths from Terrorism in 20 years in Australia.

Those deaths largely from isolated incidents.

Things that happen overseas might be sad but shouldn't change how you live your life.

IMO the media over inflates things to perpetuate fear.

Doesn't mean it should be dismissed because it's rare or unusual.

I could get on here and be Grumpy about the road toll...cancer...smoking...drugs...
This was in the railway car park at Frankston. Would not have expected it to happen there! Looks like they made contact but even so, they decided to just go with it.

Panel damage only, no lights smashed. If i look on the bright side, we had planned to trade this car, so at least it isn't the new model we had been planning to buy.

Because there is no offender expect your rating to drop nek year

Because there is no offender expect your rating to drop nek year

I'll probably just pay and not claim coz we still are likely to change it over soon.

Parked in the streets today. Walked through the car park this morning but obviously, no white car parked there that I could see with a banged up corner.

Doesn't mean it should be dismissed because it's rare or unusual.

I could get on here and be Grumpy about the road toll...cancer...smoking...drugs...
I said it shouldn't change your life not that it should be dismissed.

All of the things you listed are more common and therefore more likely to intersect with your life at some time.

In fact IMHO teaching your teen about responsibility, addiction and moderation with regard to things like smoking, alcohol and drugs is probably far more important than worrying about potential terror attacks at events they may go to. At least that is the stance with my teen.

I said it shouldn't change your life not that it should be dismissed.

All of the things you listed are more common and therefore more likely to intersect with your life at some time.

In fact IMHO teaching your teen about responsibility, addiction and moderation with regard to things like smoking, alcohol and drugs is probably far more important than worrying about potential terror attacks at events they may go to. At least that is the stance with my teen.

I thought it would be a given the last paragraph.

Haven't been to my regular torrent site for quite a while now, but tried it today and it looks like it has been permanently closed, as do a lot of the others i know of, is this a result of the governments antipiracy stance, or do i just need to find another site ?
edit : (pm me if this is a taboo subject :))

Haven't been to my regular torrent site for quite a while now, but tried it today and it looks like it has been permanently closed, as do a lot of the others i know of, is this a result of the governments antipiracy stance, or do i just need to find another site ?
edit : (pm me if this is a taboo subject :))

It's a taboo subject throughout BF with regards to alternate streams of AFL games. You were of course referring to Eurovision coverage though, right mutts?

In other Grumpy old mid life crisis news, I recently had my car lowered 35mm and forgot to factor in the fact my garage is flat and the driveway leading from it is steep enough to have the dif scrape the cement at the junction between the two.

Cue the arrival of a hand held "concrete mower" in the next half hour, along with associated safety equipment. I'll then have a couple of hours to have this mofo of a problem sorted by grinding the raised concrete into oblivion before arriving at work a tad late. I'm anticipating it may be like when you fire up a chainsaw. Not only will I grind the offending concrete point but any mofo concrete that's anything other than perfectly flat within a 100m radius of our block.

8ArA-Z8a-DY3L3LDsIsj1hfW9XDXZT8EyC9BvhDMAS79uE-F2owruX6pf4xX_DeePPwytarJvjYAop_Wl_KvEPmtTQA7tLJV7CkXOlIzR1p-6WiYmy_lVTWYrbC5FSor0e5Mw4SZIKyTWb_s4Vya9ewGhN7_woNHAAyRIERWdksdeTfH2NOQxcX3_9HBpUl_5mEY2_xTaKW6iEecDH02a5Y7e6gZLkYYR_16NPXYwcJQy7c9DXfoob9sOjLQoELqY0eNt29pHYyLYWPFiXvnqw=w384-h384-nc

#firstworldproblems

So we decided to head up to the in law's place in the country for the weekend and in order to optimise see see Jr's sleep patterns, the wife drove up with earlier this afternoon. The plan was for me to catch a V/Line train and meet them at the local station.

I arrived at Southern Cross to discover all trains on that particular line are cancelled and that I'd need to go to Deer Park and get a connecting coach service. I'm currently sitting in a packed coach in bumper to bumper traffic in the middle of Deer Park. And they don't even have a drinks trolley. FML.

In other Grumpy old mid life crisis news, I recently had my car lowered 35mm and forgot to factor in the fact my garage is flat and the driveway leading from it is steep enough to have the dif scrape the cement at the junction between the two.

Cue the arrival of a hand held "concrete mower" in the next half hour, along with associated safety equipment. I'll then have a couple of hours to have this mofo of a problem sorted by grinding the raised concrete into oblivion before arriving at work a tad late. I'm anticipating it may be like when you fire up a chainsaw. Not only will I grind the offending concrete point but any mofo concrete that's anything other than perfectly flat within a 100m radius of our block.

8ArA-Z8a-DY3L3LDsIsj1hfW9XDXZT8EyC9BvhDMAS79uE-F2owruX6pf4xX_DeePPwytarJvjYAop_Wl_KvEPmtTQA7tLJV7CkXOlIzR1p-6WiYmy_lVTWYrbC5FSor0e5Mw4SZIKyTWb_s4Vya9ewGhN7_woNHAAyRIERWdksdeTfH2NOQxcX3_9HBpUl_5mEY2_xTaKW6iEecDH02a5Y7e6gZLkYYR_16NPXYwcJQy7c9DXfoob9sOjLQoELqY0eNt29pHYyLYWPFiXvnqw=w384-h384-nc

#firstworldproblems

We need pics of the new lowered look or gtfo

So we decided to head up to the in law's place in the country for the weekend and in order to optimise see see Jr's sleep patterns, the wife drove up with earlier this afternoon. The plan was for me to catch a V/Line train and meet them at the local station.

I arrived at Southern Cross to discover all trains on that particular line are cancelled and that I'd need to go to Deer Park and get a connecting coach service. I'm currently sitting in a packed coach in bumper to bumper traffic in the middle of Deer Park. And they don't even have a drinks trolley. FML.

...yeh that's not unusual for VLINE.

Soz

See. See caught the Greyhound to Katamatite South?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a perfect excuse to pull the pin on the missus and enjoy a relaxing weekend by yourself. Footy, beer and pizza.

Sounds like a perfect excuse to pull the pin on the missus and enjoy a relaxing weekend by yourself. Footy, beer and pizza.
All's good now. I'm sitting by the fire with a beer, waiting for the footy to start while the missus cooks dinner.

Wat are these?

Because I am listening to this s**t right at this moment...bickering b/w MrsG & LittleG...ffs

We need pics of the new lowered look or gtfo

Post lowering

c15487db5b6797ba6d554290674f43ac.jpg

The offending concrete replete with black marks from the dif scraping it daily.

c0cc367019091a7d901ad2924c973647.jpg

Post concrete obliteration today. The two hour job took about four. Work were rapt! :rolleyeyes

25e332cdda32c1db7cf01fbd076b21b7.jpg

Post lowering

Post concrete obliteration today. The two hour job took about four. Work were rapt! :rolleyeyes

Gaso stay at your place for drive.

6am pitch black.

Riding along and I can hear old mate Blue Heeler start to bark.

Little campaigner decides it's in for the confrontation this morning....all I can hear is the running towards me and that guttural growl that dogs do when they are in for the chase.

Sprinted off as fast as I could and then silence.

As long as you stick to the middle of the road the little campaigners can't get traction on the bitumen.

But sheesh...unpleasant and a bit scary esp in the dark.

Post lowering

So it's a convertible?

You would get lots of opportunity in Katamatite South to drive with it off and let the hair blow through Grumpy Old receding hairlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back