Roast Grumpy Old Thread- 10k posts of whinging

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

First it was the slap, now it's a parent requesting a child kiss grandma goodbye.

You cut off the last bit:

-This also teaches the child that everything in life will be on their terms, they need never put aside short term resistance for longer term merit or gains. Life should never require you extend yourself physically or mentally

Bernard Tomic and Nick Kyrgios like this

The convo with the surgeon was going well until she said he'd need multiple blood transfusions for starters, at $1,500 a pop, then investigative surgery which he may not survive at $4,000, followed by corrective surgery at a minimum of $6,000 if they're able to do something. As that was being said my daughter looked at me with eyes like dinner plates and asked "so what does that mean dad? When can we take him home?" followed by a very uncomfortable silence as my mind processed WTF to tell her. The whole thing was horrendous, especially having to say goodbye and watching the kids with him. F*** it!
Tears in my eyes. Feeling for ya.

I know that day will come for me eventually.

Bloody pets. They just capture something in you like nothing else........so unconditional.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah NZ doesn't really get into our national day as much as the Aussies do

Be good if we did celebrate it more

as long we don't fall into that flag wearing "I grew here ,you flew here" crap that some muppets interpret as national pride !

Work in the medical field KiwiR.
Oral surgeons busiest day of the year ? Aww-straya day.
Why ? Drunk idiots punching each other requiring facial surgery ( from a legit study )

Jeez I hate that "Don't Wanna Know" song by friggen Maroon 5.
I accidentally hear snippets on radio and shake my head in disbelief at how cheesy, cheap and talentless that piece of garbage is.
Adam Levine grew a bit of cred when he acted in the movie Begin Again and took the p15s out of himself and his sh1thouse songs.
But despite that piece of self-awareness he chooses to keep pumping out garbage.

One thing that sh&ts me is middle aged people fist bumping..
you see some guy at a bowls tournament win a game, next thing he's fist bumping. !
Just looks idiotic

Couldn't agree more. I'm of that vintage and there's no way I'd be seen dead doing that. I'm more into flying rooster chest bumps. Much more appropriate :stern look

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back