Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Me old mans been punting again, so now o have to pick him up and take him down to the bank on monday to pay out and cancel his credit card.
Bugger eh
Have a close family member who has a real problem with gambling & it can cause real issues
He had a run in with some undesirable characters a few years ago & almost cost him his life as he also has some mental health issues & is prone to getting sucked into some bad situations

When your zinging along the freeway and you hit the 2km sign to your exit. Instead of flooring it a bit to get in front of Doris and Mavis before the exit, you slow to knitting pace and tack in behind the glacial duo so as not to cut them up at the exit. Only to that the find the pair of them take the same exit, heading off to whatever dawdling convention they are ever so slowly going to. Ugh.

Bugger eh
Have a close family member who has a real problem with gambling & it can cause real issues
He had a run in with some undesirable characters a few years ago & almost cost him his life as he also has some mental health issues & is prone to getting sucked into some bad situations
Fortunately there are no other characters, just him and the horses 😐.

Iam more bothered he didnt tell me earlier as he has been paying the interest for months.

But i do know the types your describing. I know the bloke that was instrumental in david swartzs gambling issues.

Last edited:
*en dodgy Harvey Norman have had their EOFY deals on TV's so I did some research and wrote down all the model numbers and prices they were advertisingthem for.

Sale finished Thursday, go back today to check what the new prices are after sale and they are exactly the same.
Like Woolies. Raised the prices of hundreds of products. My olive oil went up sixty fuggin percent. Now they have announced they are locking prices in - fixed pricing. AFTER up 60%. We are all idiots the way we just accept this crap.

Old Man Technology GIF by The Mole Agent

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the lemon and sars and is now yelling at clouds on twitter.
Thats the reason I asked as I saw he was on Twitter and he made a comment yesterday saying that I hope all you North supporters who wanted Ats gone are happy with the year we have had. I may have said something to him that upset him cos he blocked me LOL

Thats the reason I asked as I saw he was on Twitter and he made a comment yesterday saying that I hope all you North supporters who wanted Ats gone are happy with the year we have had. I may have said something to him that upset him cos he blocked me LOL
cant wait to be teleported into that alternative universe where keeping ats on the list made a quantifiable difference. fwiw i think we may have better served keeping froggy, but really it would be like arguing over a fire extinguisher amid the black friday fires.

Fortunately there are no other characters, just him and the horses 😐.

Iam more bothered he didnt tell me earlier as he has been paying the interest for months.

But i do know the types your describing. I know the bloke that was instrumental in david swartzs gambling issues.
dads back in the black....

i think he is feeling a bit better now its all sorted,

Out for a leisurely walk then I hear a bang in the distance and see cars going sideways to avoid something.
I'm thinking some halfwit didn't look coming out of a side-street onto the main road and collected the bus.

******* power lines and foxtel cable on the road, power lines arcing and spitting blue/white light.

Call 000 and firies there within 90 seconds.

I guess someone in my suburb won't get to see our impending loss this week!

I am tired of football statistics. Yep, kicks, marks, handballs that'll do me. Contested possessions, loose ball gets, metres gained, disposal efficiency, time on the ground, free for, frees against, contested marks, score involvements, intercepts and on and on and on. Yep, wonderful information so as to gain a grasp on how such and such is playing. Whoopdee f@ckin do! Goals, behinds and points is the most important stat. Don't even bother with KP friggin I's, deary me. Wtf has happened to football.

Stranger Things and that Episode with Max and the use of Running up that hill was surprisingly and unexpectedly moving.

Anyway it got me thinking of 80’s music and listened to this piece of magic tonight

Actually never knew Karl Wallinger was briefly a Waterboy as well,

how goods the Bridge! [Bridge] Dm7 Em7/D Dm7 Dm7 Em7/D Dm7 You will pay tomorrow

Last edited:
Out for a leisurely walk then I hear a bang in the distance and see cars going sideways to avoid something.
I'm thinking some halfwit didn't look coming out of a side-street onto the main road and collected the bus.

******* power lines and foxtel cable on the road, power lines arcing and spitting blue/white light.

Call 000 and firies there within 90 seconds.

I guess someone in my suburb won't get to see our impending loss this week!
last night when the missus ran me down to the garage to pick up my car some bozo flew past us in double white lines on a blind bend..... car came the other way literally 20 seconds later,

Remove this Banner Ad

Back