Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

How lucky were you. It happened for the entire school journey for me.
Didn’t stop me getting into trouble

Principal came down and grabbed me and my mate because we were mucking around and got kept in after school.

Mum didn’t know so I was the last out with my mate and boy did I get a yelling at all the way home.

How lucky were you. It happened for the entire school journey for me.
I don't know about you H but most of us used to just lip-sync the national anthem. That was until the Monday morning when only one person actually sung. Yogi (if you remember him) went ballistic. We had to do assembly again at lunch time.

I still remember wondering who she was and why there was a huge painting of her in our Primary School foyer
My grandparents had a print of Queen Victoria on the wall of their front room. As many times as I had ever been to their house at Cowley's Creek, I would have been in the front room less than a handful of times before I was about 15 or so.

My grandparents had a print of Queen Victoria on the wall of their front room. As many times as I had ever been to their house at Cowley's Creek, I would have been in the front room less than a handful of times before I was about 15 or so.
What about all those country public halls wirh pics of the queen that will need to be replaced with charles 3rd portraits? Litterally thouands of them.

What about all those country public halls wirh pics of the queen that will need to be replaced with charles 3rd portraits? Litterally thouands of them.
My local council got rid of their picture of the Queen last year.

Caused a minor kerfuffle amongst the three or four people who care about such things.

I don't know about you H but most of us used to just lip-sync the national anthem. That was until the Monday morning when only one person actually sung. Yogi (if you remember him) went ballistic. We had to do assembly again at lunch time.

Haha, yes I do remember him. Never a good idea to get on his wrong side, if my memory serves me correctly.

The assistance package has been designed to make North Melbourne more competitive sooner whilst also not penalising other clubs' draft positions, with the League having been keen to protect the integrity of this year's draft order.

Call me grumpy
Since when was the AFL interested in integrity?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The assistance package has been designed to make North Melbourne more competitive sooner whilst also not penalising other clubs' draft positions, with the League having been keen to protect the integrity of this year's draft order.

Call me grumpy
bigger con than this,

human-fund2.jpg

Call me grumpy
0747F147-AA59-4920-8ECF-C0F9837582E2.gif

My local council got rid of their picture of the Queen last year.

Caused a minor kerfuffle amongst the three or four people who care about such things.
How's the narrative around her "Life of service"? That's one impressive snow job they've managed to pull off right there, not to mention the idiots in the media who repeat it ad nauseum.

How's the narrative around her "Life of service"? That's one impressive snow job they've managed to pull off right there, not to mention the idiots in the media who repeat it ad nauseum.

I think what they mean is that she gave up her free will.

And then when someone decides to exercise free will, like Uncle Abdicate and Harry, we gain an insight into how restricted being born into privilege is, and that’s not to say it comes with advantage

Last edited:
Get up early this morning, wake my best little mate who is non stop on the yap, excited like. Jump in the car just before 8, spend just over an hour bubbling from one topic to another, joking, laughing, storytelling, get lucky breaks in the building traffic, a flukey easy run down to and into the carpark, pay for said carparking .... "got your tickets Love?" asks the carpark steward .... "nah, I'll just get 'em at the gate" I chirp .... "oh no" she says .... "it's sold out today, there's no tickets at the gate" .... WTF!!! How is the Show sold f@cking out? Get f@cking f@cked!! How can the Show be Sold Out?

Get up early this morning, wake my best little mate who is non stop on the yap, excited like. Jump in the car just before 8, spend just over an hour bubbling from one topic to another, joking, laughing, storytelling, get lucky breaks in the building traffic, a flukey easy run down to and into the carpark, pay for said carparking .... "got your tickets Love?" asks the carpark steward .... "nah, I'll just get 'em at the gate" I chirp .... "oh no" she says .... "it's sold out today, there's no tickets at the gate" .... WTF!!! How is the Show sold f@cking out? Get f@cking f@cked!! How can the Show be Sold Out?
Zoo as alternative?

See the big orangutan.

It’s over rated anyway

Take him to Highpoint and spend wat you would have spent on toys

It’s over rated anyway

Take him to Highpoint and spend wat you would have spent on toys
Don't reckon I've ever been to Highpoint ... nor Chadstone for that matter :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back