Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

No, no, no. Banks and all other corporates are obligated by law to inform you that of the private information they hold regarding you and your identity.

And it strikes me as a very unusual situation that any bank would call seeking information regarding a customer's identity. Asking for them to follow up with an email is not sufficient to be confident that the request has come from a legitimate source as it is no more able to be confirmed by you (Gasometer ) than the phone call.

Do go to a branch in person, and ensure that you ask why they need more information than what you have already provided. They are obligated to identify customers for several reasons (traceability for anti-money laundering for instance). The 100 point check covers that.

So a bit of research away from the Banking sector and seems like the law has recently changed and all Banks should/will be asking for details

IMG_5759.jpeg

So a bit of research away from the Banking sector and seems like the law has recently changed and all Banks should/will be asking for details

View attachment 1848751
Hey Gasso, KYC has been in operation since 2017 - the info you've cited is correct - it is the legal obligation of the banks to know precisely who their customers are to meet Austrac related legislation (pertains to organised crime, fraud, money laundering, terrorism, modern day slavery and the like) but the bank ought to not be asking you to provide the details to their caller. Maybe Commbank do but it seems unusual.

Instead, they ought to be advising to to log into their app, website or for you to call them on a listed number to be transferred to the KYC team. Alternately, go into a branch.

ANZ do it a little differently, and more in line with what I'd expect, although what the heck would I know about banking...

NAB have this to say...

I have no care or interest in either of the other banks.

Hey Gasso, KYC has been in operation since 2017 - the info you've cited is correct - it is the legal obligation of the banks to know precisely who their customers are to meet Austrac related legislation (pertains to organised crime, fraud, money laundering, terrorism, modern day slavery and the like) but the bank ought to not be asking you to provide the details to their caller. Maybe Commbank do but it seems unusual.

Instead, they ought to be advising to to log into their app, website or for you to call them on a listed number to be transferred to the KYC team. Alternately, go into a branch.

Oh yeh I shut it down and said I need some other type of verification and within 30 minutes the email came through

Know of two others in the past 24 hours who’ve got the contacted from CBA

Just a pain to beat the closing at 4pm. Suppose I could get the Cop Shop to do certified copies of the originals

How many posts do we get per day below the red line before we get a warning? Will we ever be welcomed back, or have we been dumped like a dirty nappy?? Is there any truth to the rumour of “The Real BigFooty” or the “People’s front of BigFooty”?

ANZ do it a little differently, and more in line with what I'd expect, although what the heck would I know about banking...

NAB have this to say...

I have no care or interest in either of the other banks.
Banks can gagf. Took my best little mate in to open a bank account … he had 15 dollar bucks so we went into our local Bendigo Bank branch. No fanfare, no razzle dazzle, no how exciting, no money box, no enticement, nothing. Young teller fella hands me a scrap of a card with some chicken scrawled numbers with a “there you go, and, he should be right for internet banking”. I looked at him like Berkholter to Klink and told him “he’s 8 mate”. I understand that that was gor to to make deposits, but pfft.

Oh yeh I shut it down and said I need some other type of verification and within 30 minutes the email came through

Know of two others in the past 24 hours who’ve got the contacted from CBA

Just a pain to beat the closing at 4pm. Suppose I could get the Cop Shop to do certified copies of the originals
Definitely not a grumpy story but a recent banking experience.

Last week I got a call from a Sydney number I didn’t recognise while at the kids swimming lessons I answered and was told it was the Westpac Remediation team. Asked me to confirm my name DOB and a previous address. I said I haven’t been a Westpac customer in many years and she said it was to do with a closed Bank of Melbourne account which did stack up.

I confirmed my ID and she told me that I had been sent a cheque for a substantial 4 figure amount of money several months ago but it hadn’t been deposited. Even though the person sounded genuine I was immediately suspicious and I said I was uncomfortable providing anymore information over the phone so she suggested I go to a local westpac branch.

I went into Westpac but they didn’t have any details around my Bank of Melbourne account and they advised I go to BoM. I went into the branch there but they couldn’t find anything about me being owed any money but they did find there was something to do with me sitting with a senior remediation manager.

I then rang the main Westpac number and after a bit of time on hold I got through to the remediation team and they confirmed it was true. Apparently I’d had some product I was charged for that was inappropriate and they were paying penalty payments to the impacted customers.

It was quite a windfall and should be in my account in the next couple of weeks.

Definitely not a grumpy story but a recent banking experience.

Last week I got a call from a Sydney number I didn’t recognise while at the kids swimming lessons I answered and was told it was the Westpac Remediation team. Asked me to confirm my name DOB and a previous address. I said I haven’t been a Westpac customer in many years and she said it was to do with a closed Bank of Melbourne account which did stack up.

I confirmed my ID and she told me that I had been sent a cheque for a substantial 4 figure amount of money several months ago but it hadn’t been deposited. Even though the person sounded genuine I was immediately suspicious and I said I was uncomfortable providing anymore information over the phone so she suggested I go to a local westpac branch.

I went into Westpac but they didn’t have any details around my Bank of Melbourne account and they advised I go to BoM. I went into the branch there but they couldn’t find anything about me being owed any money but they did find there was something to do with me sitting with a senior remediation manager.

I then rang the main Westpac number and after a bit of time on hold I got through to the remediation team and they confirmed it was true. Apparently I’d had some product I was charged for that was inappropriate and they were paying penalty payments to the impacted customers.

It was quite a windfall and should be in my account in the next couple of weeks.
Basically, a new Telecaster is waiting for you somewhere.

Got ****ing rearended today by a sill old biatch.

Drive up to a red light and she comes out of a service lane to left and drives straight up my arse. She said she just went to the vet and her dog distracted her. Spent the rest of the arvo speaking to insurance companies. Today can GAGF

20231109_151014.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got ******* rearended today by a sill old biatch.

Drive up to a red light and she comes out of a service lane to left and drives straight up my arse. She said she just went to the vet and her dog distracted her. Spent the rest of the arvo speaking to insurance companies. Today can GAGF

View attachment 1849566

What a pain in the rear end!

Find a good panel beater that you want to do the work and let them handle everything from repairs to hire cars. The good ones will have a lawyer they use to sort it all out and you won’t have to dick around with insurance companies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a pain in the rear end!

Find a good panel beater that you want to do the work and let them handle everything from repairs to hire cars. The good ones will have a lawyer they use to sort it all out and you won’t have to dick around with insurance companies.

All good. I went through to my insurance company and they are doing all the work for me, dealing with the other mob, hire care, etc. The only problem is the soonest I can get it done is in February

All good. I went through to my insurance company and they are doing all the work for me, dealing with the other mob, hire care, etc. The only problem is the soonest I can get it done is in February
I hear you.

I had a minor collision (same area as yours but doesn't look anywhere near as bad) with a low down pole while backing. It was probably six months ago that it happened, but it took months for the parts to come in, then the arrival of number 3 made timing inconvenient so car only went in on Wednesday. First stop was a good panel beater before I lodged the claim with RACV - that avoided having their assessor stick their bib in - RACV has been very good to deal with so far with this claim. A stark contrast to a well know four letter insurer starting with A and ending in AMI - I wouldn't piss on that mob if they were on fire, in fact I'd pour petrol on.

Got ******* rearended today by a sill old biatch.

View attachment 1849566

Mine was sorted this week

$48k write off

Consider yourself lucky

Same thing. Rear ended at traffic lights in the middle of a sunny day

Go figure

Update on Bank

They wanted visual proof of my address…but have been sending the Visa statement monthly to my address since May 2015 with not one payment missed

Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

s**t, must have missed you posting about it. How much damage and were you ok?
Kept it quiet at the time; it was a fair bit to deal with. Went to hospital, bit of whiplash but nothing else. Wrecked the rear end. In normal times they may have reapaired but all our parts are from the place of origin and there’s $$$$ in those rear end sensors now

Kept it quiet at the time; it was a fair bit to deal with. Went to hospital, bit of whiplash but nothing else. Wrecked the rear end. In normal times they may have reapaired but all our parts are from the place of origin and there’s $$$$ in those rear end sensors now

They must have been travelling. Glad you're OK. I had a bit of a stuff neck yesterday but ask good today.

Mrs.Spider was having an invasive surgery at the time so I rock up at the hospital at 7.00pm and she's still off her head on Endone trying to explain what happened which was amusing.🤣

They must have been travelling. Glad you're OK. I had a bit of a stuff neck yesterday but ask good today.

Mrs.Spider was having an invasive surgery at the time so I rock up at the hospital at 7.00pm and she's still off her head on Endone trying to explain what happened which was amusing.

Mmmmmmm….. endone
giphy.gif

I hope Mrs Spider is okay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back