Roast Grumpy Old Thread II - the grumpiness continues

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
One week on since the GC (Great Calamity) of us having arrived here in exile and I spent 20 minutes going to the back ends of this Sub Forum

Dozens that went a dozen posts then stopped

Seemingly dozens of IUB threads that went nowhere

We have come here to fade away

drake fade away GIF by Feibi McIntosh

Last edited:

SonofSamsquanch

Enjoy mellow coffee & live a petty bourgeois life.
Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
One week on since the GC (Great Calamity) of us having arrived here in exile and I spent 20 minutes going to the back ends of this Sun Forum

Dozens that went a dozen posts then stopped

Seemingly dozens of IUB threads that went nowhere

We have come here to fade away

drake fade away GIF by Feibi McIntosh

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
399920845_804972984764380_4104047238508924154_n.jpg

These blokes are part of the problem. Kenny Roberts, Wayne Rainey, Kevin Schwantz and Mick Doohan ..... Superstars
saw that pic in a facebook feed, sheesh those blokes could ride, takes ma back to Philip island, Doohen a little bit younger than the rest who were more in Wayne Gardiners time.

if there was ever a collective noun for arthritis these blokes would have to be pretty close to it you would think??

saw that pic in a facebook feed, sheesh those blokes could ride, takes ma back to Philip island, Doohen a little bit younger than the rest who were more in Wayne Gardiners time.

if there was ever a collective noun for arthritis these blokes would have to be pretty close to it you would think??
Yeah, pretty sure they'd all need to live in warm climates :-D I remember watching Rainey look back over one shoulder, then the other, while Schwantz would slide by on the side he first checked. All freaks.

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Im bloody sittin on me porch, waterin me front garden lawn with a rotary sprinkler smoking the walkers passing by (*in hilarious) but I just saw some *in videos of these Palestinians and *in Israelys punchin on in Caulfield.. these campaigners full quid? Kinda reminds me of the hate my gronk family used to have with Serbs.. seriously, who gives a s**t! Just be a good campaigner. If they’re a s**t campaigner, punch on till ya hearts content. Race and religion, FMD campaigners are dumb, seriously ya *in gronks, Grow up

Last edited:

SonofSamsquanch

Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Office chairs.

Don't get me started.

I had a comfortable office chair before the lockdown, but when I was doing WFH I decided to get a better one as I was going to be perched in it for way too many hours per day. The old one was from Freedom and had a fabric cover. Occasionally the cat scratched it but it was in 90% good nick. The only thing I didn't like was that it would drop by about 1CM when I sat on it. That allowed the arms to be clear of the desktop when I swung around, but when I stood up the chair would raise by that 1CM and it was a bit hard to fit under the desk due to the arms.

So I bought this Eames replica - not the cheapest one. It has a really great mechanism and is as heavy as heck. Black vinyl. Faux leather. Like the Mastermind chair.

About 8 weeks ago I was "convinced" to dispose of the old chair as it basically sat there unused for the best part of 2 years. Off it went to the op-shop.

As always happens, about a week later, I noticed the front edge of the faux leather on my Mastermind chair starting to perish. Just a little tiny bit. Over the next week, it worsened. And then it continued to crack and the top layer has started to shred off.

The chair is still very comfortable and the mechanisms are all perfect. But the bloody PU faux leather is perishing at an alarming rate on the seat, and now some small cracks are appearing on some edges of the backrest cushions.

I am in distress.

The chair is still very comfortable and the mechanisms are all perfect. But the bloody PU faux leather is perishing at an alarming rate on the seat, and now some small cracks are appearing on some edges of the backrest cushions.

I am in distress.
Bought a Bathurst Chair from Officeworks only a couple of years ago (pre Covid), my faux leather is also coming apart rather rapidly

As someone who doesn’t watch any daytime TV, I need something explained;
Why do we need someone on TV explaining what to take/not to take from a hotel room? 🤷‍♂️
Edit: and why do I need to know some stupid woman who regrets a a tattoo of “Kevin” on her forehead?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SonofSamsquanch

Mar 31, 2016
Victoria
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Why do we need someone on TV explaining what to take/not to take from a hotel room? 🤷‍♂️
Edit: and why do I need to know some stupid woman who regrets a a tattoo of “Kevin” on her forehead?
Actually, that tattoo woman has no regets.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
House Of Cards GIF by Vulture.com

…well, there were Kevin problems of a destructive nature

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm ******* over these fortnightly recycling rubbish collections.

I feel like I should go old school and get a 44 gallon drum and fire up a backyard incinerator.
10 cents a can now. Im gonna be RICH!

That shits better than bit coin! Ive saved my cans for years and years hoping for a pay day. Free box here we come LOL

DuckYeah

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Jul 5, 2010
Moist island
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep my car port is filling up with packaging!

I'd rather fill up an incinerator and send smoke signals to the council.
Mate thats how us wogs did everything when I grew up.. the monthly bonfire of waste bushland and fallen trees was also an incinerator… * who knows what toxins all my mates and I inhaled hanging round the bonfire.. few Bundys and Woodys distracted everyone

10 cents a can now. Im gonna be RICH!

That shits better than bit coin! Ive saved my cans for years and years hoping for a pay day. Free box here we come LOL
Bloody good way of reducing the bill for grog, the only problem is, I don’t get back as much as I spend :(

Yep my car port is filling up with packaging!

I'd rather fill up an incinerator and send smoke signals to the council.

Yeah I miss the incinerator days.

That reminds me of the early days living in my current house back
in the late 90’s, seeing massive piles of leaves piled up in the street gutters at random intervals of say 100m and all ablaze with smoke galore and the smell of autumn leaves on fire. I reckon if I attempted that nowadays there’d be swarms of greenies and SOG Cops descend upon me in seconds.

Took my best little mate to see Def Leppard. Drove up to Caulfield, snagged a park, train in to the Dome and then a bit of a singalong. Heading home though, my simple plan fell foul of arse*ery of the highest calibre. Caught a train from Spencer St. to Flinders St. Then had to find Platform 12 for a train to South Yarra. Got off there and was offered a stopping all stations bus trip to Caulfield .... except there was a 25 minute wait for the bus. Is this normal these days??

Took my best little mate to see Def Leppard. Drove up to Caulfield, snagged a park, train in to the Dome and then a bit of a singalong. Heading home though, my simple plan fell foul of arse*ery of the highest calibre. Caught a train from Spencer St. to Flinders St. Then had to find Platform 12 for a train to South Yarra. Got off there and was offered a stopping all stations bus trip to Caulfield .... except there was a 25 minute wait for the bus. Is this normal these days??

Unfortunately it is more common these days due to all manner of train network maintenance and various other portions of the big build. Next time check the PTV app for expected disruptions.

How was the gig?

Unfortunately it is more common these days due to all manner of train network maintenance and various other portions of the big build. Next time check the PTV app for expected disruptions.

How was the gig?
Grumpy old mate, grumpy old. My use of apps is fraught with despair, profanity, head shaking and contemptuous disdain.

Oh, and a session of wtf is my password!!

1st DL concert I've been to sober, so a little odd in that regard. The difference in sharpness, clarity etc from MC to DL was huge I reckon. Am not really a MC fan, but they had some pretty cool moments. My best little mate just turned 9, so he near on carked it by 10pm, got him through to the end. I know that Rick Savage had a trial with Sheffield United, even though he's a Wednesdayite, but you'd have to think that Rick Allen would have better feet than most footballers. I like 'em, we liked it, just waaayyy too late for a school night ....

The Wembley gig was my fave, seeing them again was a box ticked, and they still rock pretty well for old dudes :cool:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back