Toast Gryan Miers extends contract until 2026!... and 100 Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody fantastic news!

And if ok with winty feels like this is the perfect opportunity to make this thread a double celebration as this week will be game #100 for Gryan Miers

He's the kid with a unique kicking style who was BOG in the 2017 TAC Cup final when he kicked 7 goals, before being drafted with pick #57. Miers spent his first year at the club developing in the VFL before playing 53 consecutive games from debut before injury struck

He's barely put a foot wrong during season 2023, and may well find himself in contention for his first Carji and maybe even a smokey for the AA squad

Fantastic news to read of his re-signing in his milestone week

Been superb for us, and is genuinely an elite player these days.

It is frustrating how he's not recognised as he should be, as the average oppo supporter still sees him as a dime a dozen small forward.

He's far more than that, and when we have looked good this year it's largely been on the back of his delivery.

In a year of inconsistency and lack of cohesion, he's been the one constant.

Congratulations Gryan, here's to a long and storied career in the hoops!

Hard to argue with this. :cool:

F0zvW7XakAAPKWR

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I remember how much grief this kid copped from oppo fans and many of our own when he first became a regular and I could never understand why: in a team always having its youth speculated about, he was a reliable scoreboard contributor if nothing else. Steadily he has improved and rounded his game to the point where if anything he needs to remember he’s just as entitled to kick goals as anyone else forward of the ball.

He has poise, vision, and makes good decisions more often than not and he’s able to find more ball than it ever looked like he’d be able to.

Has the ability to keep improving more as well. I think an AA blazer this year might be pushing it a smidge just because of the lack of goals kicked but I think he will easily earn himself a few in the future

My Gryan Miers autographed Cats jumper might become a collector's item the way he's going....

Well done son...you're improving before our very eyes with your unique blend of nous, skill and selfless vision.

My Gryan Miers autographed Cats jumper might become a collector's item the way he's going....

Well done son...you're improving before our very eyes with your unique blend of nous, skill and selfless vision.
You’re doing a lot better than me with my Stefan Okunbor one. 🫠

I was pretty happy to see mine was signed by Merrick - he notched up 100 games a few weeks back, and now to see if he can out last Tuohy to take over that record

I got a Nakia Cockatoo one....

And a Tom Stewart one...

its a push lol

Miers one clearly on the ascension currently .... gret work from the pick 57 and just again goes to show the value of paitence and letting the kids develop over time. Not everyon will make it of course but we see many that do.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back