Movie Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Very keen for this. Ironically tone seems like it might be less full on humour than previous installments considering it's a Guardians farewell. Will be good to see them finish on a high after becoming a surprise hit with the general public.

Last edited:
Outstanding. Comfortably the MCU's best since Endgame.

Perfect way to wrap up this story, farewell Gunn and take all the characters forward.

- Definitely the most "James Gunn" of the three movies - some real body horror, troma-esque stuff at multiple points. Could be a bit freaky for younger kids.
  • The Rocket backstory is equal parts touching and horrifying - didn't think I'd feel genuine emotional connection with a CGI walrus on wheels, but here we are.
  • Imagine the treatment of Adam Warlock will rub some up the wrong way, but I thought Poulter was very good.
  • VFX chalk and cheese compared to Ant Man - the corridor fight in the finale was one of the best MCU action scenes in a long time
  • Really loved the low key way they handled Quill and Gamorra - It's Rocket's movie and it didn't detract from that.
  • You could probably shave some points off for the slightly anticlimactic ending for the High Evolutionary, but I reckon they built to that outcome pretty well - Rocket solving that problem before he did broke his brain, and he was spiralling from that key scene IMO.

Karen Gillan the low key MVP for me.

Last edited:

Heading to the cinema now, have heard very good things. Reviews are quite encouraging and have avoided a host of spoilers, Tv spots etc. Keen.

I really liked it.

I really thought a major character will die. All the main cast got their time to shine but Im not sure how I feel about Gamoras conclusion with her being so happy with the ravegers felt a bit forced writing wise.

Drax being a father again was my fav part I think. Bautista was great in that scene.
Bradley Cooper was also great.

Was really happy to see Peter reunite with his Grandfather.

I'll try and watch the first 2 in the lead up to this.

Reviews being amazing = HYPE
First two movies are bloody great

And I'm not a huge superhero movie fan either

Best trilogy of the MCU in my opinion. Really enjoyed this.

I have to agree. I think vol 2 is so underrated.

CA trilogy is next just but its not as consistent as GOTG and is Civil war really a Captain America film. The parts of that film I love relate more to Tony Stark.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really liked it.

I really thought a major character will die. All the main cast got their time to shine but Im not sure how I feel about Gamoras conclusion with her being so happy with the ravegers felt a bit forced writing wise.

Drax being a father again was my fav part I think. Bautista was great in that scene.
Bradley Cooper was also great.

Was really happy to see Peter reunite with his Grandfather.
A classic MISDIRECT (oldest trick in the movie book) in suggesting via trailers, clever editing and melancholy music.

Foreshadowing score: 10/10. Kraglin with the flying needle arrow, its failure at the start of the movie. And Cosmo saving the day, then they make up.

Family - strong themes. Warrior Nebula explaining to Gamora about family. Mantis and Drax talking about Peter and his grandfather. Alternate earth animal family helping the Guardians.

Emotion - strong. 10/10. Perhaps it was the pre release feeling that someone was gonna die, Rocket. Defenseless animals being tested on. Groot saying i love you.. many tears. Lila, Teeths and Floor dying.

Christian themes - Nowhere a metaphor for Noahs ark saving animals and children (no children in the actual story of Noahs arc of course). Without pairings of course. The concept of God - bad guy being God trying to create a perfect society. In some ways similar to our Earths dictators/monster of the past. Thanos similar. Also when Warlock saved Peter it took inspiration from the ceiling of the sistene chapel where God and ADAM reach out to each other. Note the name ADAM......adam of adam and eve and adam of adam warlock. Not a coincidence.

The-Creation-of-Adam-ceiling-fresco-Sistine.jpg

Drug use - Squid head giving drugs to some younger folk.

Swearing - s**t and *

The bad guy - High Evolutionary - not much back story given on him. It worked fine. Snapping in and out of madness was controlled rather than chaotic when it needed to be. Hopefully there's a spin off on him. Id like to know how he created worlds. Was the planet already there and his army wiped inhabitants out first?

Crossover - Chukwudi Iwuji joins an illustrious list of actors to feature in both dc and marvel. He was very very good! No doubt somewhere on the web someone is calling his being in the movie as woke and based on quota.

Seemed to be a lot of spit happening in the movie. From the bad dude, to starlord and in the open scene Kraglar spitting on the ground as the guys walked towards the screen.

No Animals were harmed by the evil person and his crew.

Finally does this cause tears?

Marvel-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Vol.-3-baby-Rocket-Raccoon.jpg

"Hurt"

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back