Movie Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Remove this Banner Ad

apparentl florence from florence and the machine was sobbing when she realised her song played in the final scene. would artists know their song shall be used in film bfeorehand?

They prob just know that some money came in as someone paid for the rights to use it. Also Marvel prob just had to contact the record label for the rights.

They prob just know that some money came in as someone paid for the rights to use it. Also Marvel prob just had to contact the record label for the rights.
Ah so it is not certain that the artist would be aware.

Here is the clip in question

My beloved old cat was euthanised today, and so I went to this needing to clear the head.

It was okay. Not the biggest Marvel fan here but it was fine and entertained.

I never have found myself emotionally affected by these MCU films, and even with a pet dying today I can't say I was teary about the depictions of animal cruelty etc that people are talking about here.

Lol the early posters to see the movie always massively hype it up. Classic human pyschology.

there are plenty of poor reviews from actual critics and many of the good reviews are a bit meh. The rotton tomatoes critics score is 12 percent lower then the guardians xmas special critics score and that special was absolute garbage.

no rush to see this.

Can I add, I was bemused that after the movie went all in on the message of “respect the sanctity of life of all living creatures”, that
the mid-credits scene saw them go full Starship Troopers on some random alien species.

Lol the early posters to see the movie always massively hype it up. Classic human pyschology.

there are plenty of poor reviews from actual critics and many of the good reviews are a bit meh. The rotton tomatoes critics score is 12 percent lower then the guardians xmas special critics score and that special was absolute garbage.

no rush to see this.

That special is garbage. But this film is much better IMO. Nothing extraordinary, it's a visual feast, good jokes, fun popcorn movie. Similar structure to every film. I would probably put it as better than the 2nd, probably on par with the first if I was to compare my initial impressions of all the movies.

I used to go see all the MCU movies at the cinema but gave up after the past couple of years of bleh. Made an exception for this one and it's worth seeing at the cinema. I'll skip the next few now until something that warrants a cinema viewing comes along again.

The bad guy - High Evolutionary - not much back story given on him. It worked fine. Snapping in and out of madness was controlled rather than chaotic when it needed to be. Hopefully there's a spin off on him. Id like to know how he created worlds. Was the planet already there and his army wiped inhabitants out first?

Like virtually all MCU villains, we'll likely not see him again. Would be an interesting TV show concept though to see some villain backstories, all stand alone that can be companion pieces to the films they are in.

Nothing to do with quoting you but just continuing my own thoughts:

I'm of the thought that Groot saying "I love you guys" was for the audience to finally be able to understand Groot, like Gamora did. He actually said "I am Groot" but now we all understand him.

I mean, maybe that's obvious to everyone and I'm not that special. :p

Like virtually all MCU villains, we'll likely not see him again. Would be an interesting TV show concept though to see some villain backstories, all stand alone that can be companion pieces to the films they are in.

Nothing to do with quoting you but just continuing my own thoughts:

I'm of the thought that Groot saying "I love you guys" was for the audience to finally be able to understand Groot, like Gamora did. He actually said "I am Groot" but now we all understand him.

I mean, maybe that's obvious to everyone and I'm not that special. :p
interesting take :thumbsu:
like it

Rock solid and a welcome return to form for MCU films.

Again though I think they missed the opportunity for greater consequences. Was pretty surprised the whole lineup made it out alive.

There’s obviously a new team and Bautista has said he’s done, but they could pretty much bring all of them back with no real hassle.

Good villain and the Rocket backstory was very well done, and Quill was a lot more likeable and less cocky than in some other films. More weathered and humbled.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Late to the party, but wish I saw this at the cinemas - was great. One of the few properties that's felt like End Game carried some proper emotional weight to the wider franchise.

Agree this was the best of the 3.

Just a simple emotional story executed well. Only blemish was the sequence on Orgocorp HQ that felt out of the place with the rest of the film and went a bit too long.

Available now in the usual places.

Absolutely fantastic movie. Loved every minute of it. We even sat through the credits to see all the polaroids.
at Disney?

Do movies on youtube run well?

Yeah works great. I purchase a lot of TV series off there as well. Running it through a NVIDIA Shield (Android TV Box)

Absolutely loved it, arguably better than GOTG 1

Never thought i'd weep for an Otter with metal arms, a walrus with wheels for legs and a rabbit attached to a robot spider legs but here we are.

Damn you James Gunn

Thought the f-bomb was so out of place though, funnily enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back