Status in Question Gubby Allen, GWS, and Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Explain exactly what you are alluding to. If your suggesting the Treloar trade being fishy because of Gubbys involvement then I can only laugh. About every 2nd person believes we over paid.
No. Thats not it!

1. A resident of Sydney who comes from Melbourne will fly to Tasmania for hip surgery. Every time. It just makes sense.
2. A Gubby Allen type will be hired by a Collingwood type to head up their netball/womens football department. Every time. It just makes sense.
3. A senior listed player will delist himself in order to be rookie listed at another club. Every time. It just makes sense.

With the global focus on officials covering up systematic ped abuse with athletes, the timing for this sucks

While its not ped related, if its found gubby told a player what to do to avoid being drug tested he is in major trouble

In the past this would be a slap on the wrist for all involved. Now, if its proven (and we have no facts on the table yet) I honestly don't know

This is the second time McGuire has dudded Balmey. Brought in Walsh from Norf who took the substantive part of his role. Now, for a second time, McEverywhere duds him by getting Gubby in to take his role. Should have learned not to trust him after the first knifing.

If Balmey is prepared to lease his palatial Canterbury home I reckon he'll head to Brisbane. Which would probably suit McEverywhere.

Alternatively he could sit out the remaining two years of his contract just doing sufficient to cover his new obligation. Thing is he's too honorable to do that.

Lesson. Don't lie down with dogs Balmey, you end up with fleas.

This is the second time McGuire has dudded Balmey. Brought in Walsh from Norf who took the substantive part of his role. Now, for a second time, McEverywhere duds him by getting Gubby in to take his role. Should have learned not to trust him after the first knifing.

If Balmey is prepared to lease his palatial Canterbury home I reckon he'll head to Brisbane. Which would probably suit McEverywhere.

Alternatively he could sit out the remaining two years of his contract just doing sufficient to cover his new obligation. Thing is he's too honorable to do that.

Or he can keep living in his Canterbury house and just go back home to Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Steve Hocking ring a bell.

Wouldn't he take Williams' role?
If you are referring to Choco, he’s a hands on development coach. Balmey is an administrator. Dan Richardson’s role is more his thing and I doubt they’ll dispense with him so the Tiges would have to either re-structure or create a position.

Steve Hocking ring a bell.
Yep! He assumed a position similar to that of Balmey following Balmey’s resignation. If you are hinting Balmey was in some way pushed that is arrant nonsense. He was offered a three year contract at more money and I reckon not having to trek to and from Canterbury most days had its attraction too.

I think so, the bloke is leaving no matter what and his trade value has plummeted

Not that Grubby GAF not his problem anymore
Being a good negotiator is all about knowing somethings value.

Maybe he just didn't see what was being offered was value enough to get the deal done?

Seemed to do alright by the Giants when dealing with Melbourne and Carlton last year.

Maybe Gubby wasn't the problem at all when it came to Freo?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back