Guy McKenna sacked as Gold Coast coach

Remove this Banner Ad

everyone is looking at this the wrong way.... it isn't necessarily the results.... i point you in the direction of j harbrow. that issue, and general player unrest with bluey, and the way he played favourites ( and no it wasn't playing favroties with the christian boys). i think he has lost the ability to command the respect and standards from the players.
Tail wagging the dog - this is becoming a popularity contest. What a joke.

What? Not sure if you have been smoking crack but if you dont think they have improved over the last 2-3 years i would be really interested in hearing how you think your bunch are traveling right now?

It has nothing to do with my lot. Yeah the Suns have shown natural improvement of there 4 years just by simply there players maturing and playing games. Have a look at there season this year, they got all hype about them in the first half of the year because they beat all the bottom sides and when the season started to hot up they couldn't even raise a yelp.

What? Not sure if you have been smoking crack but if you dont think they have improved over the last 2-3 years i would be really interested in hearing how you think your bunch are traveling right now?

They haven't improved nearly as much as they should. They were a rabble in the last 6 weeks, losses at home, beaten by the Dogs away. That is without considering their 'roll over and take it' performances against the top sides. The coach at the very least should be getting the players to compete.

Pretty stiff on McKenna but if a quality coach like Thompson is available, they'd have been silly not to consider it. Nature of the beast/industry I guess.
This is something that Collingwood should be doing, given their piss poor finish this season.

But congrats to Gold Coast in being proactive and getting one of the best coaches in the game.

Like how collingwood got a better coach? amiright?

Collingwood didn't get a better coach though. Bomber is a 2 time premiership coach. He knows how to win.

I always say this. People need to know the difference between a coach that can get you to the finals and one that can WIN a premiership. There is a massive difference.

They haven't improved nearly as much as they should. They were a rabble in the last 6 weeks, losses at home, beaten by the Dogs away. That is without considering their 'roll over and take it' performances against the top sides. The coach at the very least should be getting the players to compete.
Ah i see, so i guess if GWS dont make the eight by next year Leon Cameron should be sacked too? Put a line through him cause i dont see that happening.

This is something that Collingwood should be doing, given their piss poor finish this season.

But congrats to Gold Coast in being proactive and getting one of the best coaches in the game.

Without getting into a bitter debate about it, would you have lets just say 'moved Buckley on' at the Pies? Who would you have replaced him with assuming Bomber was unavailable?

I agree about GC being proactive, no point being 'happy to finish 6th'

So when Bomber's mate Sando is sacked by his club it's a travesty and disgraceful behaviour.

But when McKenna is sacked by his club paving the way for Bomber, he's okay with it? Right. :rolleyes:
Never said I agreed with it. FWIW, I reckon Bomber has questionable character.

Ah i see, so i guess if GWS dont make the eight by next year Leon Cameron should be sacked too? Put a line through him cause i dont see that happening.

Cameron has another year than McKenna would have, GWS went down the 'youth only' route. In 2 years if GWS aren't in the 8, questions should be asked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Gold Coast have quickly moved to grab Bomber Thompson before everything implodes at Windy Hill (ie Hird resigns or is sacked) and they try to sign Bomber as senior coach too.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Hird will coach Gold Coast.

Essendon want to keep Thompson and Hird is the most successful coach available.

Watch this space.
you're kidding, Hird's brand is utterly destroyed, no other club would touch him for at least a couple of years

I'm torn. Feel for Bluey, he essentially built this side. I think he's been shafted. It'll be interesting to see how the young suns handle different ideologies and game plans from a different coach.

On the other hand, if Bomber is their man, it's hard not to do everything possible to get him.

This is the worst press conference for a sacked coach of all time. Chairman's a flog. Stop talking about how good a guy he is and answer the ******* question. You sacked him!

Meh, press conferences for sacked coaches always suck!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back