News Damien Hardwick agrees to become the coach of The Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not upset, i saw 3 premierships. The next few years might be bleak for us but that's footy.

Good luck to him.

If the AFL offered me bucketloads to coach GC I would do it too.

Hardwick really spread his cheeks and done the doody on the Tigers.

Sold the farm for two inside mids (one being a very average one), tanked their season, jumps off the sinking ship and jots off to the GC on great coin in the sunshine.

Made off like a bandit.
It's hilarious that you still think that coaches are in charge of list management

Hardwick really spread his cheeks and done the doody on the Tigers.

Sold the farm for two inside mids (one being a very average one), tanked their season, jumps off the sinking ship and jots off to the GC on great coin in the sunshine.

Made off like a bandit.
💯 agree no sugarcoating this from me went all out with the footy department to get Taranto and Hopper and when things didn't look good for this season and beyond he jumped ship simple as that let's cut bs even the club got blindsided and dont tell me this was planned while he was with us. Personally we needed a change to , but dont feed the members and club bs there not that stupid.His coaching and conduct last 3 years hasn't been great.

It takes while to change culture at a club eev if you have talent sun's a no quick fix and even with Dimma still not convinced his declined for me like Clarkson.

I reckon he has done the smart move and got out. More coaches should have the forsight to know when it's time for a change once they've achieved the ultimate prize. Clubs always just think they need to just refresh the players. Granted, he should have done this at the end of last year though.

Despite the fact that Hardwick took a very very long time before Richmond came good. For much of his time at Richmond the club was, well Richmond. They had a brief period where they were not Richmond and now they are back to being Richmond.
We’ve made finals 8 of the last 11 years including 3 flags.
This from a basket case that he took over.

Sorry but what success?
You guys are about to spend years battling to even make the finals. You are now a middle of the road table team and it's one of the main reasons Hardwick got out when he did.
You guys are in the same spot as us less than 1 year after winning a flag. At least it took 3 years for us to fall off the cliff.
The question now turns to how long Chris Scott sticks around before jumping ship?

You guys are in the same spot as us less than 1 year after winning a flag. At least it took 3 years for us to fall off the cliff.
The question now turns to how long Chris Scott sticks around before jumping ship?

I often wonder if I am chatting with adults or teenagers.
Geelong were predicted to fall away into oblivion at the end of 2012. Just a couple years after that premiership.

It is now 2023, having just won another premiership, in what world is that comparable to Richmond?

I often wonder if I am chatting with adults or teenagers.
Geelong were predicted to fall away into oblivion at the end of 2012. Just a couple years after that premiership.

It is now 2023, having just won another premiership, in what world is that comparable to Richmond?

I don't think Geelong will fall away/spend as
many years rebuilding as Richmond are likely to (mainly due to the massive advantage you have at Kardinia Park) but the young players you have drafted (not traded for, drafted) under Wells in the past 5 years is not exactly encouraging reading for Geelong fans.

You better hope Jhye Clark (a local lad) comes good, because Ginbey, Phillipou, Ollie Hollands (leave Fletcher out cause he was a f/s pick up), Hewett, and Weddle all selected past him in the first round of the national draft last year have looked excellent for their clubs this season.

He’s inheriting a list and an upcoming draft haul that has every reason to think they have a shot at silverware. It’s all in his own hands now to develop the club culture and establish support staff capable of player development and retention.
Yes Richmond needed change but his burnt out excuse holds no water in hindsight. Pity for the aging tiges that he left you in this hole on the way out.

Have you coached before, how do you know he wasn't burnt out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do you want him to say after he's just been appointed to coach them?
I think he should have said " GC are fcukd. I'm in it for the filthy lucre. You think I'll be here for 6 years? ROAR! Once I trade in my missus, I'll be gone".

The thing I like about this is that Gold Coast didn’t bother going through some sham selection process to appoint Dimma. They just went ahead and appointed him.

I'm not upset, i saw 3 premierships. The next few years might be bleak for us but that's footy.

Good luck to him.

If the AFL offered me bucketloads to coach GC I would do it too.

Good to see people so pragmatic about premierships and expectations.
We’ll be up to 19 teams soon, statistically that’s only a couple of premierships each in anyone’s lifetime, and that’s before allowing for a team on the tear…. Or a team still on their duck, or St Kilda.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back