Damien Hardwick wants to coach again

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the same as moving on from mrs Hardwick to a younger more attractive prospect

:snake:
How's that going I wonder? Have they progressed through role playing to swinging, farm animals and/or autoerotic asphyxia?
Is Excess the Road to Wisdom? They're mostly gone so can't answer I suppose.

I love how hard people fall for click bait.

Listen to the podcast, yes he says he misses it, but the title isn't telling you that he also said he said he would love to at some stage, but needs to decompress.

He also said near the start that he had been in the industry so long that it was hard to know what to do with himself, so of course he is going to have moments where he wishes he was still coaching.

I can't think of many cases when a bloke leaves an org of own volition, suddenly, without warning, should be allowed to return. You either want it or not.

It was a nice parting despite the briskness. Both sides behaved well. It was a good decision. Don't fcuk it up by bringing him back.
Also the bigger picture.

The AFL would be absolutely wanting him to go to the GC.

Big investment up there and they want a return. They will do their best to manufacture it if they can.

Hardwick, Bevo and Simpson? Or am I missing AC?
Yeah, they are the 3 who I reckon can all coach but would benefit from a fresh start.

Scott, Horse & Goody look comfortable at their clubs.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But Richmond are?

Also the bigger picture.

The AFL would be absolutely wanting him to go to the GC.

Big investment up there and they want a return. They will do their best to manufacture it if they can.
I think that would be great for the game. Would his missus agree? Hubby has a wandering eye, throw him up to the gold coast ... what could go wrong?

I still think he is a chance to get the Port Adelaide job if they don't do good in finals.
I'd be very surprised if he took the Suns job, I doubt he would want to replace a good mate in Dew.

Carlton also a chance.

Any club that needs to build a winning culture and has question marks on the coaching group.

Gold Coast, West Coast. Even Carlton.
The latter he might baulk it.

Rebuilding West Coast would be huge and he’d have support, but the AFL may throw a bucketload of cash for him to succeed at Gold Coast.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back