Damien Hardwick wants to coach again

Remove this Banner Ad

Hardwick, one month ago - “The biggest thing on my plate at the moment is just to decompress ... I just need a break,”

Hardwick yesterday "'I had a couple of days when' I sort of decompressed and relaxed and then I said, 'OK, I'm not very good at this'"

Hardwick, one month ago - “The biggest thing on my plate at the moment is just to decompress ... I just need a break,”

Hardwick yesterday "'I had a couple of days when' I sort of decompressed and relaxed and then I said, 'OK, I'm not very good at this'"

Love it. Love to see the passion involved from a coach. Any club will be lucky to get him . Wonder if Carlton goes hard

Can send him back if you like but you also have to take Howard (just like Dawson but worse)!
I wouldn't mind Ross Lyon back. With the forward line of Jackson, Amiss and Traecy as talls. Walters, Switkowski and Schulz as small forwards, he would get us to 5th to 8th every year for 4 or 5 seasons in a row easily.

I have seen Dougal Howard play. Is he really that bad of a defender? I don't think he is.

I saw him play at Port Adelaide. 45 games and 17 goals in 4 or 5 years at port.

Zac Dawson kicked only 2 or 3 goals at the dockers in his career. I still remember his goals too. One was a set shot in a derby in 2012. The other was a set shot vs the crows in 2014 in WA.

I wouldn't mind Ross Lyon back. With the forward line of Jackson, Amiss and Traecy as talls. Walters, Switkowski and Schulz as small forwards, he would get us to 5th to 8th every year for 4 or 5 seasons in a row easily.

I have seen Dougal Howard play. Is he really that bad of a defender? I don't think he is.

I saw him play at Port Adelaide. 45 games and 17 goals in 4 or 5 years at port.

Zac Dawson kicked only 2 or 3 goals at the dockers in his career. I still remember his goals too. One was a set shot in a derby in 2012. The other was a set shot vs the crows in 2014 in WA.
That’s the problem with supporters of both our sides, we see making the eight as a successful season!

That’s the problem with supporters of both our sides, we see making the eight as a successful season!
Well....compare your team's finals record from 1994-2012 to Richmond's.

At least your team made finals in 1997-8, 2004-6, 2008-11. That's 9 times out of 19.

Compared that to Richmond only making finals in 1995 and 2001. Then they made 9th in 1994, 1996, 1998 , 2000, 2006 and 2008.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bag out Ross Lyon all you want. I will savour that 2012-15 finals period.

Dockers haven't made back to back finals or haven't made finals for 2 seasons in a row before or since
Fremantle finished bottom 4 in 2016 under Ross Lyon.
To be fair only the great clubs stay out of the bottom 4.

Quit on his team half way through the year because he couldn't be bothered seeing out the year when he decided they wouldn't play finals.
He should have stayed and helped work with the coaches and developing younger players, but seems to be only in it for himself. Shows the man he is, Mrs Hardwick saw it a couple of years earlier.

I hope he does, whether that's 2024 or 2025 it'll be one or the other.

Fully support him too. The club needed a new voice and to transition, this gives us the best possible opportunity to test someone else within the club and recruit end of season. Hardwick leaves a living legend of the RFC adored by the players, the board and the fans.

Compared to other situations where coaches leave clubs with fans calling for their head for years and it becomes really bitter and poorly handled, it couldn't have gone much better.

Recognised the need for change both personally and for the club, made the call, and it's an exit where we all celebrated Dimma.

If he's refreshed after 6 months, good on him. The club and playing group needed a change and you can see the evidence in the weeks post his depature.

Quit on his team half way through the year because he couldn't be bothered seeing out the year when he decided they wouldn't play finals.
He should have stayed and helped work with the coaches and developing younger players, but seems to be only in it for himself. Shows the man he is, Mrs Hardwick saw it a couple of years earlier.
Which coach do you think has done the right thing... Hardwick quitting when his message was no longer getting through or Simpson staying on?

Doesn't mean he's a bad coach though. He will just have to clean the Dusty #4 stickers off his bong first

Which coach do you think has done the right thing... Hardwick quitting when his message was no longer getting through or Simpson staying on?
I'd prefer if Hardwick had of announced to the club that he was quitting at the end of the year, take a step back from the game day role, and spend time developing coaches and players at the club. Not the " haha - see ya losers, thanks for the cash" effort that he did to his teammates and staff.

There’s a shock.
Surprised No Way GIF by Laff

Remove this Banner Ad

Back