Damien Hardwick wants to coach again

Remove this Banner Ad

Black Haze

Debutant
Oct 24, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
News article today with Damien Hardwick talking about how he misses coaching and wants to coach again.

Is there a chance he returns to Richmond and coaches them again? Or do you think he'll coach another club? If so, what club do you think he'll coach?

News article today with Damien Hardwick talking about how he misses coaching and wants to coach again.

Is there a chance he returns to Richmond and coaches them again? Or do you think he'll coach another club? If so, what club do you think he'll coach?
I think he's probably run his race at Tigerland. I'd be happy to see him go to Gold Coast and try to build them into a decent organisation. Or West Coast would possibly be a good fit at this point, or even get started on building the Tassie franchise if he could handle no match days for 4 or 5 years.

Whatever the case, probably a bit of buyer beware for the time being. I doubt anybody who's enjoyed such success truly regains their passion in a few months, if ever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he's probably run his race at Tigerland. I'd be happy to see him go to Gold Coast and try to build them into a decent organisation. Or West Coast would possibly be a good fit at this point, or even get started on building the Tassie franchise if he could handle no match days for 4 or 5 years.

Whatever the case, probably a bit of buyer beware for the time being. I doubt anybody who's enjoyed such success truly regains their passion in a few months, if ever.
If he even got us to one finals series that is enough on the GC to get a statue haha.

Coward if true.

Have more respect for Simpson who will go down with a sinking ship
Thats a very weird thought. 14 seasons at the Tigers and three flags is a very good innings. Owes them absolutely nothing and did them a solid by allowing them to re-fresh.

Simpson is clinging on for the cash. Hardly admirable or brave.

Will be GC, Lions or Port.

Last edited:
Jumps ship from Richmond because they were trending downwards

Now jumps to a club like Gold Coast who are tending upwards
The last person to say something like that was Matthew Lloyd, when he announced that Brandon Ellis was closer to a flag at Gold Coast than Richmond, after Round 4 in 2020 :D

Last edited:
Thats a very weird thought. 14 seasons at the Tigers is a very good innings. Owes them absolutely nothing and did them a solid by allowing them to re-fresh.

Will be GC, Lions or Port.

They are definitely the 3 Id think. Im not sure Brisbane have it in them if they were to lose the prelim to make that sort of call. But I think thats the best fit, would surely solve their MCG worries. GC are never winning anything, they pretty much need to build a flag team entirely from the draft (and overpay them to stay), where as other teams can all recruit gun players from other teams to complete their list.

I can't think of many cases when a bloke leaves an org of own volition, suddenly, without warning, should be allowed to return. You either want it or not.

It was a nice parting despite the briskness. Both sides behaved well. It was a good decision. Don't fcuk it up by bringing him back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back