Damien Hardwick wants to coach again

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd prefer if Hardwick had of announced to the club that he was quitting at the end of the year, take a step back from the game day role, and spend time developing coaches and players at the club. Not the " haha - see ya losers, thanks for the cash" effort that he did to his teammates and staff.

Surely it would be harder for the new coach if he had Hardwick still around though. Let the club get a fresh start, all of our better players seem to be back in form since Hardwick left.

Fremantle finished bottom 4 in 2016 under Ross Lyon.
To be fair only the great clubs stay out of the bottom 4.
Because we went 0-10 and crippled with Injuries. Ended up 4 wins and 18 losses.

Looking back it was a Fluke. Dockers got 8 wins in 2017 and 2018.

I guess you can bag out Adam Simpson with the eagles season. Then?

Hardwick to Port or Gold Coast.

Kenny to Port or GC.
Why would Port try to snare him?
They are looking the goods this year and Kenny deserves a new contract. Even if they do toss him, Carr is next in line.

GC would be a good move for Dimma.
Nice lifestyle and the opportunity to build a club culture. Similar to what Fagan had to do at the Lions when he got on board there, but GC has a comparably better list compared to the Lions at the time.

Port look set to appoint Carr or maintain the current set up with Ken. That means Carr will move on and port will fall into a heap, just as what happened when we lost our assistants to the saints and crows.

Carlton has to have the job vacancy ad up by years end

Who knows what happens at the roos in regards to their coach

Suns and Eagles would probably be in the market.

The question for Dimma is how much travel he is prepared to do, as he could get the job at any of those clubs

Port look set to appoint Carr or maintain the current set up with Ken. That means Carr will move on and port will fall into a heap, just as what happened when we lost our assistants to the saints and crows.

Carlton has to have the job vacancy ad up by years end

Who knows what happens at the roos in regards to their coach

Suns and Eagles would probably be in the market.

The question for Dimma is how much travel he is prepared to do, as he could get the job at any of those clubs
Everyone should know, it was publicly announced last week. Clarko returns to the club in the next week.

Everyone should know, it was publicly announced last week. Clarko returns to the club in the next week.

awesome

I've been in and out of military bases the last three weeks with limited digital access

While the Lions ought to be looking at Dimma if we don't make the GF this year, it won't happen. Fagan signed an extension earlier this year, and despite his clear tactical limitations, he's well-loved. In the event of falling short again, the best case scenario for us is firing our assistant coaches and replacing them with better tacticians.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While the Lions ought to be looking at Dimma if we don't make the GF this year, it won't happen. Fagan signed an extension earlier this year, and despite his clear tactical limitations, he's well-loved. In the event of falling short again, the best case scenario for us is firing our assistant coaches and replacing them with better tacticians.
Swap the words Brisbane and Fagan with Port and Hinkley. It's amazing how similar the situations are, even going back to when they both arrived as coach.

If the Suns are smart, they would appoint Steven King as the interim coach for the remainder of the season.

Dimma comes in fresh at pre-season.

The major difference is, our fanbase actually likes Fagan. Also we don't have an assistant as well-regarded as Carr.
I don't know, I reckon I've seen a few fans over recent years starting to get a bit edgy. Further heat might come again this year if they get knocked out in finals again in either the SF or PF. Reckon the Lions need to make a GF. He's had a decent length of time coaching what has been a pretty good list for a few seasons.

Rumours on the GC board that Dusty will do a GAJ, and follow him there. Wants out of Melbourne, and Richmond want out of his contract to fast-track their reset/rebuild.

Rumours on the GC board that Dusty will do a GAJ, and follow him there. Wants out of Melbourne, and Richmond want out of his contract to fast-track their reset/rebuild.
Wouldn't be the worst outcome, depending on what the trade value was. At his age we've gotten everything out of him that we could ever ask. His best mate Cotchin will retire this season too.

I just don't know if I see it though, he seems really re-engaged with the team this season.

Wouldn't be the worst outcome, depending on what the trade value was. At his age we've gotten everything out of him that we could ever ask. His best mate Cotchin will retire this season too.

I just don't know if I see it though, he seems really re-engaged with the team this season.

I'm sure there's no hard feelings, but the Melbourne bubble has never suited him, and he may actually find his best footy again playing in a team away from it all - and with a reset of expectation given Dimma being fresh.

Cotch and him obviously are extremely close, so not having him there would probably be a catalyst for him to leave, IMO.

If he is looking for a role already for next year then I would avoid him like the plaque. His desire and drive is seriously questionable.

He is only going to the Suns if the AFL approves, however Carlton or St Kilda would be flaky enough to appoint him expecting short term riches.
Saints will stick to their messiah. Agree with Carlton. With Sayers a sinking ship, this has Bruce Matheson written all over it.

Why would Port try to snare him?
They are looking the goods this year and Kenny deserves a new contract. Even if they do toss him, Carr is next in line.

GC would be a good move for Dimma.
Nice lifestyle and the opportunity to build a club culture. Similar to what Fagan had to do at the Lions when he got on board there, but GC has a comparably better list compared to the Lions at the time.
Port SHOULD be more worried about losing Carr than Ken.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm sure there's no hard feelings, but the Melbourne bubble has never suited him, and he may actually find his best footy again playing in a team away from it all - and with a reset of expectation given Dimma being fresh.

Cotch and him obviously are extremely close, so not having him there would probably be a catalyst for him to leave, IMO.
God help you all if he ever finds a "suitable bubble" to play his footy in then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back