News Damien Hardwick agrees to become the coach of The Gold Coast Suns

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think Geelong will fall away/spend as
many years rebuilding as Richmond are likely to (mainly due to the massive advantage you have at Kardinia Park) but the young players you have drafted (not traded for, drafted) under Wells in the past 5 years is not exactly encouraging reading for Geelong fans.

You better hope Jhye Clark (a local lad) comes good, because Ginbey, Phillipou, Ollie Hollands (leave Fletcher out cause he was a f/s pick up), Hewett, and Weddle all selected past him in the first round of the national draft last year have looked excellent for their clubs this season.
What kind of weird reasoning is that?

Who cares if we traded for them or we drafted them, they're on our list either way.

The facts are we've got 7 top 25 picks on our list since 2019, with a top 10 pick to come this year. It really makes no difference if they're your own picks, or you traded for them.

FWIW, the only pick of note we really buggered up in recent years is Cooper Stephens...and if you look at the alternatives in that range, it's not pretty reading.

Unless of course you count the likes of Sam Philp, Thomson Dow, Brodie Kemp, Deven Robertson & Harry Shoenberg as illustrious talents.

Dude...just do some basic research. It's really not that hard.

Who cares if we traded for them or we drafted them, they're on our list either way.

The facts are we've got 7 top 25 picks on our list since 2019, with a top 10 pick to come this year. It really makes no difference if they're your own picks, or you traded for them.

FWIW, the only pick of note we really buggered up in recent years is Cooper Stephens...and if you look at the alternatives in that range, it's not pretty reading.

Unless of course you count the likes of Sam Philp, Thomson Dow, Brodie Kemp, Deven Robertson & Harry Shoenberg as illustrious talents.

Dude, just do some basic research. It's really not that hard.

Brodie Kemp is coming along very nicely for Carlton actually. Our most improved player this season

Was always going to coach again, would have been nice if he just said "I love Richmond and my time here, but I don't have the appetite to go through a full rebuild"

I can't buy the burn out stuff (no doubt he was tired/burnt out to some extent, but clearly it was the situation in front of him, not coaching footy)

Was always going to coach again, would have been nice if he just said "I love Richmond and my time here, but I don't have the appetite to go through a full rebuild"

I can't buy the burn out stuff (no doubt he was tired/burnt out to some extent, but clearly it was the situation in front of him, not coaching footy)
Burn out is part of the narrative, but go back and watch the pressers again, he said he gave it his all at Richmond but had nothing more to give us, e.g. "cooked the sausages 1000 ways but couldn't find 1001" or some line to that effect.

He didn't have anything fresh to give us, that's the point of it and why it was the right move for all parties. Where or when he went next is completely irrelevant to the RFC, bottom line is WE needed a change, and what Dimma does elsewhere doesn't matter beyond that.

Dude...just do some basic research. It's really not that hard.
You haven't been watching Carlton, Kemp is a ripper.

Burn out is part of the narrative, but go back and watch the pressers again, he said he gave it his all at Richmond but had nothing more to give us, e.g. "cooked the sausages 1000 ways but couldn't find 1001" or some line to that effect.

He didn't have anything fresh to give us, that's the point of it and why it was the right move for all parties. Where or when he went next is completely irrelevant to the RFC, bottom line is WE needed a change, and what Dimma does elsewhere doesn't matter beyond that.

It definitely doesn't take away any of the 3 precious premierships he helped win for your club and making you a powerhouse of footy again for the first time in probably 40 years

1 flag is hard enough to win these days, let alone 3.

The stuff about Dimma's marriage break up and private life is just that private ...

As long as it was legal/consensual and not with a player's spouse (which is allegedly the reasons why Lethal was fired from Collingwood and Sanderson as Crows coach) who actually cares ?

Dimma is a club legend that will be always be mentioned as a Tiger immortal along with Tom Hafey

I have had my differences with Richmond supporters, but I am certain the vast majority of The Tiger Army are always going to be grateful and appreciative of how Dimma made Richmond great again

You haven't been watching Carlton, Kemp is a ripper.
He's a good player, no doubt, and obviously infinitely better than Stephens.

All I'm saying though, is if Brodie Kemp is the best player by a mile we could've picked....then there really wasn't much on offer.

Plus, he plays a position that we've already got a surplus in.

If we had taken Georgiadis, it's been confirmed that Port would have taken SDK.

Geelong's hands were tied. We picked 1 gun and 1 dud, it happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You realise that Gold Coast don't play home games at Marvel?
John Candy Lol GIF

Have you coached before, how do you know he wasn't burnt out?
No mate, but I’ve been burnt out before. With his rapid bounce back into a crazy high pressure, overwhelmingly demanding yet highly desirable position at the GC let’s face it, he was singed at best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back