List Mgmt. GWS Players Contract Status

Remove this Banner Ad

GIANTS ruckman Shane Mumford will see his playing career out as a GIANT after re-signing with the club until the end of 2018.

Currently in his third season at the club, the 29-year old has developed into one of the AFL’s most dominant ruckmen since crossing over from the Sydney Swans at the end of 2013.

Mumford made his AFL debut for Geelong in 2008 before joining the Swans for the 2010 season where he went on to become a member of their 2012 premiership team.

He won the Kevin Sheedy Medal as GIANTS Club Champion in his first season at the club in 2014 and has taken his career tally to 134 games since joining the AFL’s newest club.

Mumford said he’s seen the GIANTS playing group develop significantly since arriving at the club and is pleased to be seeing out his playing days in Western Sydney.

“When I first got here, you walk into the change rooms and it’s full of young kids with no facial hair and small tiny little bodies,” Mumford said.

“It’s definitely changed a lot, not only with the older guys we’ve picked up but these young guys have turned into men now.

“The sky is the limit for this group. It’s all about how hard we’re willing to work and that’ll see us build towards something very special.”

CLICK HERE to read more.

GWSGvsHawksEDM1footer.jpg

GIANTS Bolster List & Recruiting Team

The Greater Western Sydney GIANTS are pleased to announce that Craig Cameron has been appointed to the position of club list manager with current assistant coach and former co-captain Luke Power to take up a role as list co-ordinator at the conclusion of the 2016 AFL Premiership Season. As a former General Manager of Football with the Richmond Football Club, along with recruiting and list management roles with a number of other AFL clubs, Craig Cameron joins the GIANTS as the head of list management and recruiting.

As list co-ordinator Luke Power will be heavily involved in professional scouting, the GIANTS academy programs, recruiting and list management. He will continue as an assistant coach to Leon Cameron before transitioning into his new role at the end of the season. Power’s appointment comes as the GIANTS further bolster the club’s academy programs. Cameron takes over the position of GIANTS list manager following the recent departure of former General Manager Football Graeme Allan.

GIANTS General Manager Football Wayne Campbell said both appointments were vitally important to the ongoing development of the club’s recruiting and list management strategy. “Craig Cameron joins the GIANTS with over 20 years of recruiting and list management experience, which will be invaluable for our club,” Campbell said. “He has held roles with the Fremantle, Melbourne and Richmond Football Clubs and therefor has a deep understanding of what is required to develop and maintain a successful list in the AFL competition. “Luke Power has been an integral member of the GIANTS since inception as a player, captain and valued assistant coach. We’re delighted he will move into a new role in list management at season’s end and we can continue to utilise his experience, expertise, character and unwavering capacity to drive our club forward.” - See more at: http://www.gwsgiants.com.au/news/2016-05-06/giants-bolster-list-recruiting-team#sthash.KpHOMm6F.dpuf

Great to see Mummy committing to the end of 2018:thumbsu:, I hope he can end his career as a dual premiership player;).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news, still a fair bit of development in him. Like him floating between the wing and half back and despite the knockers his kicking seems ok and will only improve
People knock his kicking?

I must have blinkers on then, I think he's a good kick?

His decision making is very astute.

Interesting to see you now have Cameron as list manager.
He did a pretty good job at the Tigers.
With Wayne Campbell and now Cameron at the Giants im looking forward to you sending us Steele quite cheaply :p ;)

Interesting to see you now have Cameron as list manager.
He did a pretty good job at the Tigers.
With Wayne Campbell and now Cameron at the Giants im looking forward to you sending us Steele quite cheaply :p ;)
I think he will re -sign with us but if we did trade him to u the AFL might as well call Tigers Blues games the. NEAFL cup....Surely we cant trade someone who is as much GWS as anyone ever will be.Was the team mascot -Gman a few years back

Great news about Tom Scully. There was a story a few weeks back about us being over the cap next year, obviously had substance and this looks like a smart way to resolve it. This guys just keeps getting better so great to see he is going to commit again long term and better still it is on fair value.

Tom Scully set to take $2m pay cut to help GWS Giants retain talented group of young stars

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...s/news-story/8483a427ec0dc4cf0204ae9847add6bf

Good to see Tom Scully staying also he's done the right thing as he said& nice to see him hitting his straps after some time as well:thumbsu:;).

Marchbank.

I'll live if Steele wants to go elsewhere. The other two aren't going anywhere and will either retire or take whatever to hang around, depending on their personal aims.

Yep, Marchbank then Steele and followed by Finlayson. Jezza is depth I know, but given our back line record...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back