Harley Reid - The Prince of Perth

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems to be print media mostly, and people over here don't buy into it.

He'll never be driven out Buddy style. The public are nowhere near as footy obsessed in WA as Vic/SA.
When it comes to the Eagles yes they are.

It does look like Reid is enjoying everything so far. But eventually when things turn, will he still enjoy it? If he signs a massive contract and things don’t go well, how will he fare? What no one wants is another Tom Boyd like situation where the expectation is so big the player suffers.
They are 3rd bottom.
Snag two more guns in the draft this year and things may actually start to look rosy.

I tried explaining this to someone earlier - going to Melbourne is not the same as going home.

How many people that move 2 1/2 hrs from their parents see them every week ?
And most people develop new friend group after leaving school, even if they don't leave their town/ city.

I don't think going back to Victoria is that big a deal for country boys - especially with our endless summer. And he gets to play for one of the biggest most successful clubs in front of big crowds. Eagles do really well at retaining players.

He could of been drafted by a Victorian clubs with few supporters, no money, low crowds and no modern success.
Life's not bad for Harley Reid.
Agree.
Probably Eagles or Geelong imo but can't see him going to a Melbourne club just for the sake of it.

He would be crazy to leave WCE. He will be paid an absolute boat load by the Eagles, and the side $$ from personal sponsorship from cashed up WA Companies will be huge...with many of the rich decision makers all rusted on eagles supporters.

Look at Cousins...after everything, he is still loved in Perth and will always have a solid income for life, one way or another as long as he stays clean.

The only way Judd made the $$$ work in return to Melbourne was the amount of ambassadorial money he was getting out of Visy.

I think he is more likely to stay at West Coast than he would have been to stay at North.

let’s face it we will match any $ per contract offered. And we can offer more than anyone outside of his contract. If he settles well in Perth then the desire not to uproot in the middle of his career may be too strong.

Compare that to North. He would have been able to change from the smallest vic club to the biggest without even moving house. His cafe card with 9 stamps will still be valid the next day. This gets forgotten.

You might think that but the Eagles admin have a bit more brains. If he wanted to leave (and I doubt he would btw) the Eagles would extract top value from the other club.

I am sure if he did leave he would want the club to get the best deal like Judd and Danger. I am sure Kelly would have similar sentiments that we don’t try and screw over the Cats.

It really comes down to if he buys a house in Perth by Xmas.

Every realtor in the East Perth , Nedlands , Subiaco, Dalkeith / Claremont area would be waiting for a call.

Maybe Belmont close to training …lol

Hell..he can live in peppermint grove with the coin thats coming his way.

I don’t know where he’s living atm but if buys his own joint then you know he’s staying for good.

Time will tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every realtor in the East Perth , Nedlands , Subiaco, Dalkeith / Claremont area would be waiting for a call.

I don’t know where he’s living atm but if buys his own joint then you know he’s staying for good.

Time will tell.
I reckon he could ask to live next door to Twiggy and they could organise it.

But this idea of buying a house means he has intent.. when you're going to be on a million bucks a year for a decade, reckon worrying selling up doesn't enter the equation. dude would probably double his initial outlay. and own five other gaffs.

Time will tell.
I wonder if he’s had a good tour of the elite Perth suburbs yet. Looks like he’s often in the Wembley and Trigg parts. The vistas, vibes and luxe of Claremont, Peppermint Grove etc betters any area in Melbourne

Time will tell.

Wait til he signs his next contract. That's the call you want to be receiving.

I reckon he could ask to live next door to Twiggy and they could organise it.

But this idea of buying a house means he has intent.. when you're going to be on a million bucks a year for a decade, reckon worrying selling up doesn't enter the equation. dude would probably double his initial outlay. and own five other gaffs.

Yeah, the sort of coin he is going to be on usually means when you buy a house you don't need to sell it to buy another one to live in if you move. Millionaires accumulate and hold.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back