Toast Charlie 'The King of Princes Park' Curnow - 2022 AFL Coleman Medalist

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Get around him folks !!!

Biased, but in my opinion he is the most amazing and inspiring story of this season

200w.gif

200w.gif

Back to back Coleman Medalists from different players from the same club is something that has not happened in well over 120 plus years of The VFL/AFL i am reliably led to believe (thanks to reg_lower91)

Hopefully this gives the the Baggers the emotional boost to get us over the lines against the ancient enemy tomorrow, but regardless, this is an extraordinary season and return of Chuck after missing 2 seasons and change from serious injury.

I would have thought it was a bit disrespectful to say his story is a more amazing story than the four players that have had proper life threatening illnesses and have returned to the field in Cunnington, Docherty, Hurley and Hill.

In saying that, it’s an amazing story and if you picked it happening you should buy several lotto tickets.

Such a bizarre unit. 192cm but plays like hes 200. Seems to have no sense of systems and zones he just plays on pure instinct.

Great to see him back up and going

wow

I thought he was 195-196

Get around him folks !!!

Biased, but in my opinion he is the most amazing and inspiring story of this season

200w.gif

200w.gif

Back to back Coleman Medalists from different players from the same club is something that has not happened in well over 120 plus years of The VFL/AFL i am reliably led to believe (thanks to reg_lower91)

Hopefully this gives the the Baggers the emotional boost to get us over the lines against the ancient enemy tomorrow, but regardless, this is an extraordinary season and return of Chuck after missing 2 seasons and change from serious injury.
Just going to ignore Cunnington and Docherty overcoming cancer are we?

I would have thought it was a bit disrespectful to say his story is a more amazing story than the four players that have had proper life threatening illnesses and have returned to the field in Cunnington, Docherty, Hurley and Hill.

In saying that, it’s an amazing story and if you picked it happening you should buy several lotto tickets.
Agree to those sentiments.
But also picked him to win it in May, not sure Bigfooty counts for any financial returns though😂

Just going to ignore Cunnington and Docherty overcoming cancer are we?

Oh for Christ's sake, that goes without saying, those two comebacks are untouched from a human interest/physical and mental strength perspective, a massive credit to both of those amazing warriors of the game, but Charlie missed a significant and lengthy amount of footy fur to injury, and for him to have such an amazing season and win the Coleman Medal is an extraordinary, if not unprecedented effort.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great result for Charlie.
Hopefully fans are celebrating finals tomorrow harder than an individual players achievement. Would be the sign of a couple on the up.

Mccartin?

Mccartin?
Yep, another great one. I don’t think the OP meant malice and as a pure football story I understand what they mean, but just don’t think we should be comparing stories, especially when this season has been filled with inspirational ones.

I think some are being too literal and over sensitive here. No one is diminishing the comebacks of Cunnington, Docherty etc. It’s purely a measure of the nature of the return from such a sustained period of absence - it wasn’t just managing to play 22 games after spending 2+ years out - it was playing the first full season after a couple years out of the game and actually managing to win the Coleman in that same comeback year.

Great to see a hugely talented player make such a triumphant return from long-term injury - Carlton have done well to have locked him away with a long-term contract moving forward.

The unbelievable thing is just how mobile he has been since he came back; to me he seems even more agile once the ball hits the deck than he did when he was younger and injury-free.

Really good player to watch; worthy Coleman Medallist.

Last edited:
Gee if a Coleman is the only way to earn your respect, I’d hate to be your kid.
Wat

OP states Curnow winning the Coleman after 5 knee surgeries is the most inspiring story in their opinion for the year.

You say 'by that logic what about Menzel and Moribito?'

I say 'they didn't win a Coleman'

You say 'gee wouldn't want to be your kids if that's all that earns your respect'

.... totally bizarre....

People talk about the rumour of the McKay twins being one person and never seen in the same room.

The real talking point is the fact this guy is shorter than Cripps yet looks and plays like a bloody 1990s CHF.

People talk about the rumour of the McKay twins being one person and never seen in the same room.

The real talking point is the fact this guy is shorter than Cripps yet looks and plays like bloody 1990s CHF.
He’s shorter than Silvagni and Plowman and the same height as Setterfield.

Crazy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back